Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Qmiles + Qpoints on Niki (HG)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Earn Qmiles + Qpoints on Niki (HG)

I have an upcoming itinerary booked on AirBerlin (hoping they are still operating next month given their bankruptcy):

AUH-TXL operated by AirBerlin
TXL-PMI operated by Niki but AB flight number/codeshare
PMI-MUC operated by Niki but AB flight number/codeshare
MUC-AUH operated by Etihad but AB flight number/codeshare

Given that Niki is a OneWorld "affiliate" (parented by AirBerlin), does anybody know if i'll earn Qmiles + Qpoints on the flights operated by Niki? The Qcalculator is a little ambiguous as it only allows you to choose limited flights/destinations from the Niki network when you select "Niki Luftfahrt GmbH" from the drop-down list of partners (neither TXL or MUC are present).

I plan on swapping my QR Privilege Club FFP number for my Virgin Australia FFP number for the final leg on Etihad as I am sure I can't credit anything to Qatar from that flight!

Thanks in advance for any help (I posed the same question to the new QRsupport on Twitter but they've not been massively helpful so far).
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
Originally Posted by Work-Shy
I have an upcoming itinerary booked on AirBerlin (hoping they are still operating next month given their bankruptcy):

AUH-TXL operated by AirBerlin
TXL-PMI operated by Niki but AB flight number/codeshare
PMI-MUC operated by Niki but AB flight number/codeshare
MUC-AUH operated by Etihad but AB flight number/codeshare

Given that Niki is a OneWorld "affiliate" (parented by AirBerlin), does anybody know if i'll earn Qmiles + Qpoints on the flights operated by Niki? The Qcalculator is a little ambiguous as it only allows you to choose limited flights/destinations from the Niki network when you select "Niki Luftfahrt GmbH" from the drop-down list of partners (neither TXL or MUC are present).

I plan on swapping my QR Privilege Club FFP number for my Virgin Australia FFP number for the final leg on Etihad as I am sure I can't credit anything to Qatar from that flight!

Thanks in advance for any help (I posed the same question to the new QRsupport on Twitter but they've not been massively helpful so far).
If it's a fight with AB flight number then I think you should be able to credit to QR. Make sure you keep your e-Ticket and Boarding pass and send QR a short email requesting to credit your flights to QR.
I found that partner flights (apart from CX) take quite a while to credit. Usually I don't care if they credit weeks later, but if it bumps up your status or makes you retain your status before a next flight, then sending a short email will ensure you receive the Qpoints and Qmiles within days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.