Wiki Posts
Search

Tier Upgrade from Burgundy to Silver

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Tier Upgrade from Burgundy to Silver

Hi!

I had 111 Qpoints prior to flying on (and completing) two flights in mid/late June on BA that would earn me an additional 40 Qpoints.

Of the 111 points, 5 had expired on 2 July, and I'm now left with 106 Qpoints. Qatar is still in the process of retroactively crediting the Qmiles & points into my account.

Does anyone here happen to know if I could still be upgraded from Burgundy to Silver, since I would have earned 151 Qpoints by the end of June, if the points that I had earned on my BA flights were automatically credited into my account?

Thank you!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 6:56 am

hairhooks welcome to Flyertalk and especially to the QR forum.

Once the points are in place you can request a retro calculation on your renewal date which will give you silver.

In fact, and this is a little complicated, your qualification date and renewal date for silver should be the date that you earned the last Qpoints to qualify for silver and not the previous renewal date.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:15 am

In theory, this is how it should work. What matters is when the points were earned, not when they were actually credited to your account.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

Thank you for your input regarding this matter.

I've been exchanging emails with Qatar on this matter and they have refused to budge.

In my first email to them, they acknowledged that I had earned a sufficient number of Qpoints, but then claimed that neither 20% of these nor minimum 4 sectors were flown on Qatar Airways operated or marketed flights.

I then appended a pdf to them indicating that on their tier calculator, it had indicated that I was eligible since I had earned at least 30 points on Qatar Airways.

In response, they then said I only had 146 Q Points, and again claimed that neither 20% of these nor minimum 4 sectors were flown on Qatar Airways operated or marketed flights.

Could I please ask the following questions:

1. I only need EITHER 20% of the Qpoints on Qatar OR fly 4 sectors on Qatar, and not both?

2. Is there any document which states clearly that what matters is when the points were earned (I'm assuming the flight date?), rather than when the points were credited? The Qpoints that I had earned on my BA flights were not automatically credited - one was credited 5 days after the date of my flight, the other one month and three days, and thus I had missed the 12-month window...

Thank you!
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:09 pm

hairhooks please examine you statements carefully since sometimes QR register OW partner flights as the flight occurring on the registration date not flight date. Also look at your flights and find out how many sectors were on tickets with QR flight numbers.

You need to have earned at least 20% of your Qpoints on QR flights OR have flown 4 sectors on QR in the qualifying period as well as earning 150 Qpoints.

The terms and conditions for Privilege Club are to be found at https://www.qatarairways.com/en-dk/P...onditions.html.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by remdk
sometimes QR register OW partner flights as the flight occurring on the registration date not flight date.
Thank you for your reply, remdk! What do you mean by the above quote?

This is an extract of the most relevant flights, which I hope should clarify my situation

Date when Points were Credited / Route / Points Earned / Flight Date
5.7.16 / LHR to HAM (on BA) / 5 / 3.7.16
12.8.16 / HAM to LHR (on BA) / 5 / 30.7.16
26.8.16 / SIN to DOH (on QR) / 20 / 26.8.16
27.8.16 / DOH to LHR (on QR) / 20 / 27.8.16
4.7.17 / OAK to LGW (on BA) / 20 / 29.6.17
12.7.17 / LGW to OAK (on BA) / 20 / 15.6.17

As mentioned in the very first post on this thread, I would have earned 151 points by 29 June 17, if the points were automatically credited on time. But since they weren't, I therefore could not be upgraded from Burgundy to Silver (within a 12-month period of 29 June 16 to 29 June 17 or even 2 July 16 to 2 July 17).

I am thus trying to get QR to relook into this matter, and as suggested above, retroactively upgrade me from Burgundy to Silver - do you think I have a case to fight?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:55 am

hairhooks according to the extract of earnings you do not qualify for Silver based on the number of sectors flown on QR (2) BUT you qualify by earning 40 Qpoints on QR where only 30 are required. So with 151 Qpoints earned you qualified for Silver 29 June. Congratulations!

To me it is obvious that when you were told that you had only earned 146 points the person you spoke to was using the registration date, or even the days date, and not the flight date. Try again asking for a retro calculation for 30 June and if you get the same incorrect information ask to speak t0 a supervisor.

sometimes QR register OW partner flights as the flight occurring on the registration date not flight date.
If you look at the flights and posting dates for your QR flights they are the same. But for your BA flights the registration date is much later than the flight date. Sometimes the flight date is not entered and thus defaults to the registration date. A very human error given how QR registers its own flights!
Old Jul 16, 2017, 5:07 am
Original Poster

remdk thanks for your input!

Their latest reply to my email which contains a request for a retroactive calculation states that they "will forward my request to the relevant team for further review".

I received a similar response when I called in to member service center in the UK, who claimed that he only oversees reservations & bookings, and not Privilege Club. He did say that he would draft an internal email to the relevant team to look into this matter, and that they would get back to me within a day, which they have yet to.

Could I please find out the number that I'm supposed to call if I would like to speak to a supervisor regarding this matter? Would it happen to be +97440230023, or is there a UK number that I can call to avoid any unnecessary overseas charges on this?

Thank you!
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:12 pm

hairhooks according to https://www.qatarairways.com/en-dk/w...e-offices.html the London (Harrods) number for Privilege Club is 0330 024 0127.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.