Maple Leaf lounge access FRA

Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Maple Leaf lounge access FRA

Hi all,

My apologies in advance if this seems like a stupid question (it most likely is!)

I will be travelling business class from Frankfurt to Doha in a few weeks' time and am wondering whether or not I'll be able to access the Canadian Maple Leaf lounge (QR's business class lounge at FRA, as far as I'm aware) in Frankfurt terminal 1. The thing is that I will be flying on QR metal but with a UL ticket and I'm unsure how this works.

Thanks very much in advance for any help/thoughts!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:36 pm

lancasteruk welcome to the QR forum.

You are flying on a QR flight and thus you have access to the QR lounge in FRA - The Maple Leaf lounge. It does not matter what your tickets says, it is the flight number that matters.

Not that it matters to you since you are in terminal 1, but at other airports you should look at https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access to see if there are other lounges you may also access. At FRA for example you may also use the CX, IB and JL lounges. But they are in Terminal 2 and I do not know if there is an airside connection.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 2:51 am

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
There is no airside connection, unfortunately. Its either the bus or the skytrain - both landside. But there is no need to go to T2 anyway, as the Air Canada lounge is the best business class lounge in FRA anyway. And as you check in at a QR counter they will print you a QR ticket which opens the doors of the Maple Leaf Lounge
Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: QR Platinum
There is no need to change terminals for going to an OW lounge in FRA as Maple Leaf Lounge is far superior to all OW lounges. It ha a nice design, is clean, has good views of the tarmac, has showers, some good food and drinks (not so much on the alcoholic side qualitywise) and in the afternoon an excellent Sachertorte
Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks very much indeed for the replies. So I can definitely check in at the QR counter, even though I booked through Sri Lankan? I suppose since UL no longer fly from FRA then this must be the only possibility.

I had noticed that there were a few OneWorld options in terminal 2 but it seems to be pretty clear that the Maple Leaf lounge is the best by far, especially considering the lack of airside connections. I did spend a few hours in the Maple Leaf lounge in CDG a couple of months ago and was quite impressed.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:44 am

Ah yes, the Maple Leaf Lounge at FRA. The best QR outstation C lounge I experienced so far. Almost makes me sad that none of my current bookings are departing from FRA.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Thumbs up from me as well for the Maple Leaf Lounge. I have used it several times for QR flights and it is really peaceful with great views. Considering what it used to be like when it was the LH Senator lounge, the transformation is remarkable.

Very helpful staff as well. I usually arrive at B with LH and go straight to the lounge. The staff advise QR that I am there and the boarding pass is either brought to the lounge or I pick it up at the gate.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by homer3152
There is no airside connection, unfortunately. Its either the bus or the skytrain - both landside.
Not quite true. The skytrain is divided into two segregated sections with separate access for airside and lanside passengers. It is possible to transfer between T1 and T2 airside at FRA.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Yes, as AlienInTheFatherland notes, you can get between the two terminals airside. However, if it was only to explore the different OW lounges, you'd be waiting your time as pretty much everyone has already mentioned that AirCanada has an awesome lounge. So good in fact that you will wonder what the hell is wrong with AirCanada's Maple Leaf Lounge program in Canada, where it's ability to innovate and evolve stopped over twenty years ago. :/

BTW, I will be in the AC FRA Lounge on Sunday morning on my way to YVR with AC in J. Looking forward to having breakfast in the lounge (there is a thread on the AC FT forum where people write about how good the donuts are in the lounge...so stereotypical of Canucks! . ).

As a side note, I have found Lounge hopping a simple and quick walk in BKK. I was able to hit Thai Airways, Cathay Pacific and JAL lounges in under 40 minutes (with drinks in each).

Last edited by SullyofDoha; Jun 30, 2017 at 12:38 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.