Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

No ex-Oceania Award Availability from 1 June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver

Hoping to book AKL-DOH-DUB for mid June next year and there seems to be a hard drop off on 1st June on availability for the AKL-DOH route (31st May and prior has excellent space). I checked SYD and MEL and they also seem to have the same effect. I was quite keen on this route given the limited options for even a three leg journey on this route.

I figured, especially in NZ, that June would be a bit a slower period wouldn't have any hard blocks on award space.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

PS - First post in the QR forum and didn't see a general award space thread. Apols if this is in the wrong spot!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Is this not because you are looking so far ahead? Not certain of the exact rules for QR but many airlines will only release fights (including award flights) at 355 or 330 days beforehand. My guess is that you will see award space open up in the next week or two.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pomkiwi
Is this not because you are looking so far ahead? Not certain of the exact rules for QR but many airlines will only release fights (including award flights) at 355 or 330 days beforehand. My guess is that you will see award space open up in the next week or two.
I thought about that but I am seeing award space across June '18 on other QR flights (ex-KUL for example) and even the DOH-DUB leg of the journey I'm after. I've tested a few routes and all seem to be available at 355 days and earlier except for ex-AU/NZ.

Particularly puzzling given the hard cutoff between May to June on the AKL-DOH route.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:05 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Award seats release policy by QR is still a great mystery. Just keep on looking every week and, in a few weeks or in a few months, you might see some availability for June 2018.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Matt4
Award seats release policy by QR is still a great mystery. Just keep on looking every week and, in a few weeks or in a few months, you might see some availability for June 2018.
Sounds good, appreciate the insight. Definitely makes sense as the QR award space seems quite inconsistent. I'll keep an eye on it.

Luckily enough there's several ways to return on OW from AKL to DUB if the space never opens.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:26 am

Please remember that it is the origin QR office that decides on reward availability form the origin. So if AKL have yet to decide than there will be no availability.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by remdk
Please remember that it is the origin QR office that decides on reward availability form the origin. So if AKL have yet to decide than there will be no availability.
That makes perfect sense with the May/June cut off as well. Interesting policy - thanks for the input!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.