Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Male v Female Cabin Crew

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Male v Female Cabin Crew

Question for people - why is it on Qatar the Hosties will take a glass away and not ask if one wants a refill? Also, I have noted the pursers are much more attentive than their female counterparts and go the extra mile. Case in point, I asked for a drink and they not only brought the drink but also nuts and chocolates...
Old May 16, 2017, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Y or J? I've never noticed a difference in quality or attentiveness of service between male and female cabin crew in J.
Old May 16, 2017, 9:22 am
Original Poster

It was in J. have another leg tonight and will be interesting to see what the outcome is...stay tuned!
Old May 18, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH

I've never noticed a difference in quality or attentiveness of service between male and female cabin crew in J.
+1
Old May 18, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
+1
+2 In my experience service usually very good and attentive
Old May 18, 2017, 6:54 am

I think I've had pretty much an equal comparison between both male and female cabin crew who are attentive and those who are not as attentive. I've had flights in J where I've had 3 glasses of champagne before takeoff and flights where I've had only 1. I've had flights in Y where I've had great service as a PC member, and flights in Y where I've had no recognition whatsoever. I take it on a per flight basis. If I've had an excellent flight I make a point of telling Qatar, if I don't have a great flight, I don't really bother. "Oh well, bad crew or bad flight". If it has been a not so enjoyable flight, my personal experiences of great flights outweigh bad ones, and I accept it as such. Because of this I know they can do well, and sometimes they fail to meet my expectations on the rare occasion, but I don't let it cloud my judgement for the next flight.
Old May 19, 2017, 5:54 am

This thread should really have a more meaningful title.
Old May 20, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, LH FTL, QR Silver, Hilton Diamond
On my last flights wirh QR, the crew on OSL-DOH-OSL were much more attentive and pleasant compared with DOH-AKL-DOH crew. I even talked to the cabin manager, pointing out lack of proactivity, no refills etc. After complaining the service was surely impeccable :-)
Old May 20, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Crews vary. I have just made 4 business class flights with Etihad and one crew were outstanding and the other 3 simply good. I have had the same experiences with Qatar.
Old May 20, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, LH FTL, QR Silver, Hilton Diamond
No question, you're right. We' re just exchanging our experiences
Old May 21, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: QR Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
No difference between males and females from my experience in J and Y.
Generally speaking my in flight experience is usually good to excellent. My J experience is usually closer to excellent.
Old May 21, 2017, 3:45 am

Programs: QR Gold
I don't think it depends on the sex of the cabin crew. Had an extremely attentive male Romanian on DOH-JFK even with a full J cabin. Female Nigerian on JFK-DOH was less attentive with a half full J cabin but extremely pro-active in trying to refill my wine! On both flights the CSD (male East European and female Indian) were very attentive.
Old May 21, 2017, 4:01 am

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
I would agree on the whole with the OP. I find the gentlemen more attentive in general. Also warmer...
Old May 21, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Overall it varies on individual crews and if they have a good or a bad day. There is two geneal trends that tend to be visible:

- Mix a male arab supervisor with east european crew with mostly women and it will most times be a less proactive crew and less friendly service.
- Get a mostly female asian crew on a stretch heading to their native home and it usually is amazing service.

...but as always there is exceptions.

-A
Old May 23, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Flew DOH-BKK in F 2 days ago. The female cabin crew were attentive & very good at their jobs (as you would expect of course!).

However, the CSD, an Indian(?) chap named Jason, was an absolute joy. Not only was he good at his job he engaged on a personal level to such an extent that at one stage we were sitting next to each other swapping jokes.

A real treat of a flight that offered an excellent F service combined with genuine friendly banter. Well done all the QR F crew on QR836!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.