Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Old May 3, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: AA
Remdk, just to clarify my previous post I have performed another search for
Man-Doh (between 24 and 34 hour stop over depending which flight I choose)
Doh-Bkk
Bkk-Doh (1 or 7 hour layover)
Doh-Man

Price came out at the same which was Ł834 not Ł839 my mistake.
Old May 4, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Do the hotels only provide "normal" check-in/out hours? How would i book this if i arrive on one day about 3am in the morning and leave the next day about the same time?
Old May 4, 2017, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by a9504477
Do the hotels only provide "normal" check-in/out hours? How would i book this if i arrive on one day about 3am in the morning and leave the next day about the same time?
a9504477 https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.c...s/PLUSQATARTNC says "Early check in/ Late check out subject to room availability and cannot be guaranteed." However for STPC the hotel is booked from your arrival time until your departure back to the airport. I would imagine that the STPC hotel check-in rules also apply here but please ask on [email protected] and let us know what they say.
Old May 4, 2017, 4:04 am

Ok I took the plunge last night to make benefit of the 'mastercard' discount which ended yesterday. So Man-Doh Doh-Bkk Bkk-Man in June with a almost a 34 hour stopover between my onward flight to Bkk. I am glad I booked last night as the savings were nearing Ł100 each on an economy flight.

So I was about to book my free visa and hotel but this has to be completed within 30 days of travel, so will have to wait a few days.

I have a question on returning to Doh after our stopover. Can we return to the airport and bag drop/check in at any time or is there a time limit that the desks will accept us i.e 3 hours before departure?

Thanks for the heads up on this deal.^
Old May 4, 2017, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by steviewire
Ok I took the plunge last night to make benefit of the 'mastercard' discount which ended yesterday. So Man-Doh Doh-Bkk Bkk-Man in June with a almost a 34 hour stopover between my onward flight to Bkk. I am glad I booked last night as the savings were nearing Ł100 each on an economy flight.

So I was about to book my free visa and hotel but this has to be completed within 30 days of travel, so will have to wait a few days.

I have a question on returning to Doh after our stopover. Can we return to the airport and bag drop/check in at any time or is there a time limit that the desks will accept us i.e 3 hours before departure?

Thanks for the heads up on this deal.^
I had no problems in booking the free hotel for the 16th September with my e-ticket number last night. I will apply for the visa within 30 days of travel. As mentioned from others in this forum premium hotel rooms will sell out pretty quickly.
Old May 4, 2017, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Giorgiok86
I had no problems in booking the free hotel for the 16th September with my e-ticket number last night. I will apply for the visa within 30 days of travel. As mentioned from others in this forum premium hotel rooms will sell out pretty quickly.
Thanks for the heads up^ I have just booked the Horizon Manor mainly due to its central location. Will sort the visa out in a few days.
Old May 4, 2017, 7:41 pm

Apparently availability is quite limited - i was hoping to transit in doha for 2 nights in early september to try out the shangri la, but all they had were the 4 star ones (e.g. horizon manor, holiday inn, etc.)?

Am i doing something wrong?
Old May 5, 2017, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by hkgg
Apparently availability is quite limited - i was hoping to transit in doha for 2 nights in early september to try out the shangri la, but all they had were the 4 star ones (e.g. horizon manor, holiday inn, etc.)?

Am i doing something wrong?
hkgg what is your cabin class? Y travellers can choose four star hotels. You need to be travelling in J or F to get the five star hotels.

As http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/plusqatar.page says "Qatar Airways First and Business Class passengers receive a complimentary night’s stay from a selection of luxurious five-star hotels." and "Qatar Airways Economy Class passengers enjoy a complimentary night’s stay at a premium four-star hotel."
Old May 5, 2017, 1:59 am

From a brief look at the +Qatar offers, the Ultimate offer of $50 for 2 night stay in a 4 or 5* hotel looks particularly good especially if there is no requirement on cabin class. So if reading correctly an economy traveller can therefore book a 5* with this offer.
Old May 5, 2017, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by steviewire
From a brief look at the +Qatar offers, the Ultimate offer of $50 for 2 night stay in a 4 or 5* hotel looks particularly good especially if there is no requirement on cabin class. So if reading correctly an economy traveller can therefore book a 5* with this offer.
steviewire I hope your reading of the material is correct but I m not so sure. If you look at http://www.qatarairways.com/be/en/pr...ease_plusqatar it says "Passengers transiting through Doha can extend their stay to make the most of their journey taking in the sights of Doha with a completely free night courtesy of Qatar Airways and QTA or stay a little longer with a second night’s stay for a modest $50 booking fee."

To me this suggests that you first choose your hotel, according to travel class, and then upgrade it with a second night at the same hotel.

So you select either +QATAR LUXURY (five star) or +QATAR PREMIUM (four star) and then upgrade it to +QATAR ULTIMATE using the original hotel. So no five star for Y passengers!

I am sorry if I appear to be very pessimistic about this offer but if you read all the available information you will find so many inconsistencies and ambiguities.
I would rather be seen as a pessimist now than have very disappointed forum members later!
Old May 5, 2017, 3:20 am

a9504477 if you look at https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.c...en/contact-us/ you will find
"What time is check out at my hotel?
Check out time varies at each hotel, but you'll usually need to leave your room by mid-morning or mid-day on the last day of your holiday."
My apologies for misinforming you earlier.
Old May 5, 2017, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by remdk
steviewire I hope your reading of the material is correct but I m not so sure. If you look at http://www.qatarairways.com/be/en/pr...ease_plusqatar it says "Passengers transiting through Doha can extend their stay to make the most of their journey taking in the sights of Doha with a completely free night courtesy of Qatar Airways and QTA or stay a little longer with a second night’s stay for a modest $50 booking fee."

To me this suggests that you first choose your hotel, according to travel class, and then upgrade it with a second night at the same hotel.

So you select either +QATAR LUXURY (five star) or +QATAR PREMIUM (four star) and then upgrade it to +QATAR ULTIMATE using the original hotel. So no five star for Y passengers!

I am sorry if I appear to be very pessimistic about this offer but if you read all the available information you will find so many inconsistencies and ambiguities.
I would rather be seen as a pessimist now than have very disappointed forum members later!
Remdk thanks I see what you mean. I will take your experience of Qatar and their wording. I only have time for a one night stop and am happy with the 4* choice but if I could have done two I would have tested the Ultimate offer out for a 5* accommodation If the offer is extended and I plan another trip on QR I may try to include a 2 night stop. I know Ethiad offer a stop over package and that has interested me in the past but they are not OW. Maybe QR have seen benefit in doing something similar.

Another query you have previously mentioned an arrivals lounge in the immigration hall which is for J and F passengers. Are OWE passengers regardless of class permitted into this lounge?

Thanks
Old May 5, 2017, 4:04 am

Hi guys, make sure you read the full terms and conditions of the offer..There are some blackout dates. The first Eid starts end of May for a month and the second Eid from 1-5 September approx.
  • Blackout dates (stay not allowed): Eid Al Fitr & Eid Al Adha: during Eid days, plus 5 days before and after Eid days. (Public Eid holidays announced by the Qatar government will be considered as Eid days.) Additional blackout dates may apply.
Old May 5, 2017, 4:31 am

steviewire The rules for access to the arrivals lounges are similar to those for Al Safwa and Al Mourjan. So OWEs have no access. Some months ago I read that it was for QR J and F passengers only. Thus no access for BA J and F passengers. But it was not confirmed at the time. So who knows?
Old May 5, 2017, 4:44 am

Thanks remdk, I suspected that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.