Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I've made a zero-cost reservation for one night in Doha as I'll be staying at friend's on the first night. The QR reservation went through just fine, and i can see nothing in the T&C suggesting it shouldn't.

But this is QR.

Has anyone else used the single night offer on a longer stay ?
Did your reservation get confirmed by QR as I am thinking of doing the same? As you can have a stopover for 96 hours and QR only offer 1-2 night packages I would have thought it would be fine.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Traveled about 10 days ago, economy ticket on QR ticket stock booked through AMEX, 11 hour connection only, no issues at hotel.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Did your reservation get confirmed by QR as I am thinking of doing the same? As you can have a stopover for 96 hours and QR only offer 1-2 night packages I would have thought it would be fine.
Yes, it came through instantly as a confirmation.

But this is QR: confirmation matters not one jot

I'm travelling mid-October: I'll report back.
Calchas likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gooseman13
Traveled about 10 days ago, economy ticket on QR ticket stock booked through AMEX, 11 hour connection only, no issues at hotel.
How far in advance did you book the hotel?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by ncSam
How far in advance did you book the hotel?
I believe 2 weeks before travel ( a day or two after buying the tickets).
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:35 am

Programs: British Airways
I am arriving at 06:00 in DOH on 16 Nov 2017 and departing at 02:25 DOH-AKL on 17 Nov 2017. Going to take advantage of the Free Doha Stopover Hotel. Question, is will the 1 night hotel not start till 14:00 on the 16th or can I check in earlier? I have read that once booked to contact the hotel about check in and check out times. Also, recommendations for which hotel to choose. Flying business class.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: BA GOLD
What a surprise - received an email advising flight timing changes for a trip in January bring my connection time down from 12.05hours to 11.55 hours - call me a cynic but think it is deliberate on QR's part.

As I have a 3 day stay in Doha on my outbound and 11.55h inbound I will see what Qatar offer for 2018 (if anything) and take it from there.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Has anyone that is IC RA used this free night at IC DOHA. The city iif so was there any upgrade?
i have emailed them 3 times to put number in and had no reply.
i guess that tells me something
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:45 pm

Just wondering what others are doing if they arrive very early in the morning e.g. 5am? Is it best to book for the previous night so you can check in straight away and hope to get late check-out? Or book for check-in the day you arrive and try to check in early? I guess 'early check in' at 6am-7am might be pushing it a bit?

Has anyone with SPG/Marriott Gold manage to check-in at 7am at the Westin or Marriot Marquis City Centre?

Thanks for any help.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by aussielori
Has anyone that is IC RA used this free night at IC DOHA. The city iif so was there any upgrade?
i have emailed them 3 times to put number in and had no reply.
i guess that tells me something
I think you'll know that they have no obligation to do anything at all for you. That's part of the charm of the Ambassador programme .

They'll probably not want to formalise any upgrade before you get there, but I'm pretty sure they'll do their best for you in terms of room, on arrival.

I've never stayed at a Doha IC, but other ICs have never failed to respond to RA status (sometimes fully, sometimes not-so fully) when I've been staying on reward nights/agency rates.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just wondering what others are doing if they arrive very early in the morning e.g. 5am? Is it best to book for the previous night so you can check in straight away and hope to get late check-out? Or book for check-in the day you arrive and try to check in early? I guess 'early check in' at 6am-7am might be pushing it a bit?

Has anyone with SPG/Marriott Gold manage to check-in at 7am at the Westin or Marriot Marquis City Centre?

Thanks for any help.
I checked in at the Westin at 3 am. I telephoned them to ask which day I should book for. They said the night before.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
I checked in at the Westin at 3 am. I telephoned them to ask which day I should book for. They said the night before.
Thanks for the feedback Calchas. Can I ask if they gave you late check out and if so what time until? Our flight isn't until 02:30am the next day so was hoping to stay in the room until 8pm. Was hoping they might allow it as we'll only be in the room for ~12hours.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: BA gold, OWE

I was able to check in to Marquis at 7am, and was given late check out till 6pm last week. I'm only a Marriot Silver.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the feedback Calchas. Can I ask if they gave you late check out and if so what time until? Our flight isn't until 02:30am the next day so was hoping to stay in the room until 8pm. Was hoping they might allow it as we'll only be in the room for ~12hours.
This was back during Ramadan. They gave me a formal late check out for 17:00. I actually checked out at about 18:30. Friend did the same but didn't check out until 21:30. No one seemed worried---but it was Ramadan and the hotel was super quiet.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
This was back during Ramadan. They gave me a formal late check out for 17:00. I actually checked out at about 18:30. Friend did the same but didn't check out until 21:30. No one seemed worried---but it was Ramadan and the hotel was super quiet.
Many thanks Calchas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.