QR to SQ interline

Old May 25, 2017, 1:16 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Just to serve as a data point. Managed to get QR to interline to TG. The agent didn't bat an eyelid. Got the machine to spit out the tags 30sec after looking at my separate TG booking.

So cross alliance is possible. But whether this is in line with official policy I have no idea.
Old May 25, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Radisson VIP, Hertz Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by remdk
phoneticduck there are two different things here. One is through check-in of passengers, which is very common, and the other is the through check of baggage which is governed by the baggage Interline agreements we are talking about here.

You could regard it as two different types of interline agreement, Passenger and baggage. And naer the twain shall meet!
remdk so to further clarify, if an airline through checks a passenger & their baggage, and that passenger misses the connecting flight due to a late arrival on the inbound, the airline that through checked them is responsible for getting them to their final destination?

Assuming MCT is met in the above example, although I'd wonder about a case where MCT was not met but the agent booked them through anyway?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Interlined from SQ economy to QR business (DPS-SIN-DOH-JFK) with no problem at all. On the inbound we routed luggage to SIN because we had an 11 hour layover. We did not clear immigration or get our luggage; we stayed airside. Next morning we stopped at the transfer desk and got our SQ boarding passes, gave them our luggage tags and they retrieved our bag and routed it on our flight to DPS. We did not have to go through immigration. It was painless. Agent said they will do this at SIN for most airlines (not the LCCs).
Old Mar 21, 2022, 3:51 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Has anyone experienced at LAX if QR will interline baggage to and print BPs for SQ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.