Search

2016 Travel festival winner in distress

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Polonium
2016 Travel festival winner in distress

Hello:

I was one of the lucky winners of last year travel festival.
My paid flight HEL-DOH-HND in J was fully refunded.

Since then, thing have been going downhill:
- I have tried to change the dates (and agree to a change fee) but neither QRPC (claiming that it is not mileage booking) nor QR's Paris office want to touch this booking.
- The newest development is that the booking has been erased from my bookings list (departure is due in early May).

I am going nowhere with phone calls or emails. It seems that QR personnel have no idea on how to handle this situation.

Any advice gratfully received.

Will

Last edited by Will Coe; Apr 23, 2017 at 2:25 am
Old Apr 22, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
We can't advise until you clearly state your problem.

If a ticket was "fully refunded", then the booking no longer exists; therefore it won't appear in your bookings; and there is nothing left for any QR office to "touch".
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:52 pm

I'd suggest going back through the route via which the prize was delivered. Find somebody in marketing or similar who can apply some leverage.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
We can't advise until you clearly state your problem.

If a ticket was "fully refunded", then the booking no longer exists; therefore it won't appear in your bookings; and there is nothing left for any QR office to "touch".
I stated my problem as clearly as possible.
Ticket was bought with CC.
Was declared one of the winners of the 2016 Travel Festival and as such, ticket was refunded.
Yet, the booking appeared alive till very recently. At one point, the booking class changed from I to U, if I am not mistaken.
I could see the "fully refunded" booking in my QRPC account until recently (so your claim that "fully refunded" = "the booking no longer exists" is clearly mistaken in this very specific scenario).
Then, very recently, the booking has disappeared. The PNR is not valid any longer.
I am not a complete idiot. Something has clearly and recently happened to this booking. I am trying to understand what and which remedy I may pursue since various QR personnel have no idea what to make of it.
Your pseudo-logic is puzzling and unhelpful. You are stating facts that are wrong. If you don't know the answers to my problem, fine. May be others have something constructive to offer.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:59 am

Call QR (preferably the Plat/Gold line if eligible) and ask them to open the PNR, and check the history. That will hopefully reveal what has happened to the booking, and why.

If required, ask them to search for your name in the flight you booked - for whatever reason, they may have cancelled the previous PNR and created a new one.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mr_botak
I'd suggest going back through the route via which the prize was delivered. Find somebody in marketing or similar who can apply some leverage.
Thank you for the tip. Trying to understand the route through which the prize was delivered is byzantine. I received multiple emails from different senders and writing back to them recently (remember, the "prize" was delivered last year) has led me to nowhere.
As I said previously, no one seems willing (or able) to answer my queries and they just direct me to "another department" which proves as useless as the previous one.
How do I find someone in marketing?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stargold
Call QR (preferably the Plat/Gold line if eligible) and ask them to open the PNR, and check the history. That will hopefully reveal what has happened to the booking, and why.

If required, ask them to search for your name in the flight you booked - for whatever reason, they may have cancelled the previous PNR and created a new one.
Thank you. I will retry that line of enquiry.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Will Coe
How do I find someone in marketing?
Never my preferred approach, but if you feel it warranted, a google search will reveal the contact details of several senior marketing executives.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:51 am

That a PNR with no flight reservations disappears from sight after a month or so is a well known problem. Very annoying!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by remdk
That a PNR with no flight reservations disappears from sight after a month or so is a well known problem. Very annoying!
I can't tell if you are serious or ironic and do not mean to be disrespectful if you are indeed the former.
There has always been a flight reservation with its linked PNR. Both disappeared at the same time.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:12 am

Will Coe I was very serious! It has happened to me and no one in QR seems to be able to find it!
Your situation is slightly different in that there are still flight reservations attached. Even so I wonder if it another case where things 'just disappear' !

If I am not serious I add a 'Big grin' smiley to the post. I slipped up about ten days ago and was taken to task for it!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
People are trying to help you, but your attitude seems very aggressive. Strange.

When irishguy28 was suggesting is that if your ticket was indeed refunded then it doesn't exist anymore. It has been extinguished. What you probably mean - but didn't say - is that the cost of the ticket was fully refunded to your credit card. In other words, your prize was to win back the cost of your ticket.

As to your specific problem, have you actually been to the physical Paris office? I find that sometimes it's best to stand in front of someone at the ticket desk until the problem is solved. I've gone to the airport early on a number of occasions to have another booking fixed at the airline ticketing desk where there is always a senior person. It's harder to dismiss you in person.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by remdk
Will Coe I was very serious! It has happened to me and no one in QR seems to be able to find it!
Your situation is slightly different in that there are still flight reservations attached. Even so I wonder if it another case where things 'just disappear' !

If I am not serious I add a 'Big grin' smiley to the post. I slipped up about ten days ago and was taken to task for it!
I kind of knew what your answer would be; following you on this forum I have come to know your equipoise in every situation. OTOH, one of the previous poster left me unsettled (hence my question about your intentions).
Thank you for your time.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
People are trying to help you, but your attitude seems very aggressive. Strange.

When irishguy28 was suggesting is that if your ticket was indeed refunded then it doesn't exist anymore. It has been extinguished. What you probably mean - but didn't say - is that the cost of the ticket was fully refunded to your credit card. In other words, your prize was to win back the cost of your ticket.

As to your specific problem, have you actually been to the physical Paris office? I find that sometimes it's best to stand in front of someone at the ticket desk until the problem is solved. I've gone to the airport early on a number of occasions to have another booking fixed at the airline ticketing desk where there is always a senior person. It's harder to dismiss you in person.
You are kidding right? I have explained the particulars of my situation and that as a winner my fare was fully refunded. To which do you think my fare was refunded other than my credit card? Wasn't it obvious that the prize was to win back the cost of my ticket? This seems so obvious that if you don't comprehend my original posting, then I am either aphasic or something get lost in translation.

As to my "very aggressive attitude", I responded in the same curtly tone I was addressed. Completely erroneous inferences and statements were peremptorily made by the poster. In fact, all his conclusions were incorrect. You call this "help"?
I may not use emojis but as a psychiatrist (and I know a thing or two about aggressiveness) I can see a dismissive attitude when I see one.

As to your suggestion, thank you for the piece of advice but I am currently very far away from Paris and won't be able to make it back until after the day of departure.

Last edited by Will Coe; Apr 23, 2017 at 9:59 am
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Will Coe
This seems so obvious that if you don't comprehend my original posting, then I am either aphasic or something get lost in translation.
You got it there.

In the OP you said "My paid flight HEL-DOH-HND in J was fully refunded." Now if you had said "My fare was refunded as a prize in the aforementioned competition" or something similar it would have been clearer.

I had read the previous sentence and realised what you meant, but I can see why others wouldn't.

Good luck with your search for advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.