Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR has something big to share on the 24th / shot at UA !

QR has something big to share on the 24th / shot at UA !

Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:58 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Today is the day !
Not sure where on the planet you are, that it's currently 24th April!

M
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

M
QR probably made time travel possible and Flame3601 was their first passenger . AAB didn't like that Branson offers space flights and probably created QR Time in response to Virgin Galactic.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by WorldLux
QR probably made time travel possible and Flame3601 was their first passenger . AAB didn't like that Branson offers space flights and probably created QR Time in response to Virgin Galactic.
That was indeed announced on 24 April.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat

M
Forget the Etihad Residence , Nasa zoom which features a perk of getting to your destinations two days ahead of schedule ! Just kidding , don't go to ask Nasa where you can book. Yes my mistake
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:43 am

Only some new destinations announced, at least so far:

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...rdiff-flights/

"Qatar Airways has announced plans to fly to Cardiff, along with a raft of new destinations including San Francisco, Cardiff, Malaga, Lisbon, Chittagong, Kiev and Mombasa."
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:13 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by stargold
Only some new destinations announced, at least so far:

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...rdiff-flights/

"Qatar Airways has announced plans to fly to Cardiff, along with a raft of new destinations including San Francisco, Cardiff, Malaga, Lisbon, Chittagong, Kiev and Mombasa."
Cardiff

CARDIFF?

OK, i'm watching intently. Don't think they even have transatlantic flights at the moment. I love the declaration of intent, but it's a couple of hours along the M4 to Heathrow so very surprised (but hopeful!).
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:29 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Cardiff

CARDIFF?

OK, i'm watching intently. Don't think they even have transatlantic flights at the moment. I love the declaration of intent, but it's a couple of hours along the M4 to Heathrow so very surprised (but hopeful!).
This is really something big
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Skoodledoo
I'm guessing the news on 24th will be release of new app, that ties in with the Q Suite NFC features?
I should buy a lotto ticket!

They have just shown a video on their Facebook page introducing their new Oryx One app.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:37 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
QR won't be flying transatlantic from Cardiff, unless they have managed to obtain Fifth Freedom Rights from the British government...which I don't believe they have.

While Cardiff may not be convenient to those in London, neither is Mombasa!

Cardiff will be convenient for those in Wales, the Southwest, and take some of the strain from Bristol - which is a busy airport.

There is a lot of money on the Southwest Coast, and coupled with a good airport subsidy, I'm sure QR have found a way to make the route work.

M
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:40 am

Lisbon, woohoo! Can't wait for those awesome QR Sales from LIS!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
QR won't be flying transatlantic from Cardiff, unless they have managed to obtain Fifth Freedom Rights from the British government...which I don't believe they have.

While Cardiff may not be convenient to those in London, neither is Mombasa!

Cardiff will be convenient for those in Wales, the Southwest, and take some of the strain from Bristol - which is a busy airport.

There is a lot of money on the Southwest Coast, and coupled with a good airport subsidy, I'm sure QR have found a way to make the route work.

M
No, obviously I wasn't suggesting QR would fly transatlantic, I just put a NYC flight as a more logical flight than a DOH one (albeit I imagine less than 2% of those flying CWL-DOH will actually get off at DOH).

But despite CWL having a smallish catchment area, once you add in Swansea, Neath, Newport, Bristol, it all starts adding up I guess.

Personally more surprised there is not a 2nd daily BHX, a return to LGW.

Don't tell me you're not surprised an ickle bit

Good luck to CWL & QR. Are we thinking a A319LR here?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:14 am

Cardiff?! That's a surprise!
Would be excellent for me though with myself from Bristol and my wife from Swansea! It took my wife more than six hours to get to Swansea from Heathrow the other week due to an accident on the M4.

I can think of a big list of other bigger UK airports which you would have thought we would see before Cardiff! An extra flight to Birmingham (as mentioned) not to mention any flights to Gatwick! Also maybe Newcastle, Glasgow are other ones I think off.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:20 am

Oh and think you can fly to Orlando from Cardiff, but that's about as far as you can go!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:23 am

I thought CWL already had flights to MCO, BGI and a few other beach places?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: BAEC
If they do start to fly from Cardiff there might be some opportunities for some good sales if they can't fill the planes....

Could it be a "sheep run" fare CWL to AKL? Probably wishful thinking...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.