Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting time in DOH: QR to EY

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Question Connecting time in DOH: QR to EY

My QR 168 flight is scheduled to arrive Doha at 1am. Will I have ample time to connect to an EY flight on a separate ticket departing at 4am? Do I need to exit and re-enter immigration?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:38 pm

hightide you should try to resolve these problems at the transfer desk on arrival from ARN. They can retrieve and retag your luggage. There should be no need to go through immigration.

The answer will most probably be no but you could also ask in ARN if they would check it through. You may get lucky!
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks remdk; however, I'm not planning to check-in luggage.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by hightide
Thanks remdk; however, I'm not planning to check-in luggage.
Then you will have more than enough time. Nothing to worry about.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
They have a counter at the QR transfer desk for non-QR airlines. I am sure you can get your EY bp there.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Cool, thanks for the info!
I initially thought that I had more than enough time but when I checked the flight records, one flight was diverted on 24 March which led me to second guess the situation.

The QR flight lands at terminal 5 and EY departs from terminal 3. How long does it take to get from terminal 5 to 3 on foot?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:36 am

hightide there are no terminals 3 or 5 at DOH! Which airport are you talking about? DOH has only ONE terminal at the moment.

There was very bad weather throughout the region 24/25 March causing hundreds of flight delays. This is not a common occurrence so getting into a panic about a single isolated event is just not worth the stress.

Since you are in transit you do not go through immigration at all. Three hours is much more time than is required to transit DOH.Look at the Wiki on the dashboard widget http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...h-airport.html for transfer information and tips.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by remdk
hightide there are no terminals 3 or 5 at DOH! Which airport are you talking about? DOH has only ONE terminal at the moment.

There was very bad weather throughout the region 24/25 March causing hundreds of flight delays. This is not a common occurrence so getting into a panic about a single isolated event is just not worth the stress.

Since you are in transit you do not go through immigration at all. Three hours is much more time than is required to transit DOH.Look at the Wiki on the dashboard widget http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...h-airport.html for transfer information and tips.
oops... silly me - I misread my ticket. The terminal 5 is for the departure city (ARN).

Thanks for clearing it up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.