Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR flights with connecting domestic flight in US

Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:37 am
Original Poster

I am getting increasingly frustrated with QR's pricing and wondered if anyone might have any suggestions or strategies. I am looking to book a roundtrip flight to the US. Prices to ATL (from BAH via DOH) on my dates are running around $3200 for J. However, if I search for flights all the way to my final destination STL, the price goes up to $6200! It only offers routes going through ORD, which is a more expensive flight for whatever reason. Sometimes booking to STL the only layover options are DFW, and sometimes PHL or JFK is given as an option - I haven't figured out the rhyme or reason to which routes are offered when.

I would rather not buy a separate little domestic leg for this trip so I don't have to deal with worrying about making that connection. But it's crazy to basically pay $3000 to add a 1 or 1.5 hour domestic AA flight!! Even when I search for a round trip AA flight from ORD and STL, a first class ticket is still less than $500 - no where near $3000!

Does anyone know if there is a way to specifically look for or ask for QR flights specifically transiting through ATL? Perhaps that would lower the overall ticket prices.

Thanks! Sometimes it really sucks not living in a hub city. :-(
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
AA doesn't fly ATL-STL, so you will be routed through one of the other hubs and end up with a higher fare.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Of course! Duh. I can't believe I didn't think about that. Thanks! It's still annoying that the transit points that offer AA connections are way more expensive than ATL, but at least now I understand why. :-)
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus (PLATINUM); Qatar Privilege Club (PLATINUM)
I do book a separate flight on AA (only!) and request QR to add it into the QR itinerary. By some miracle, the AA flight gets the QR PNR as well.

Works all the time

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.