Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

The 'Sake Fare' Meet-Up Thread: AMS/BRU-DOH-TYO

Old Jan 12, 2017, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: fbruno
Wiki Updated 2017-09-13 to include #610

QR fare rules for this one can be found here.

I have created a travel trips thread in the Japan forum. A good place to discuss hotels, trips, restaurants and maybe even arrange meet ups: The QR week(end) HND/NRT travel thread (2017)

Sorted by departure month:

November

Outbound
CPH-HND : 03/11/17 : denkigroove
LHR-HND : 03/11/17 : Cymro +1
BRU-NRT : 08/11/17 : mad_rich
AMS-NRT : 08.11.17 : jordie
AMS-HND : 13.11.17 UAPremierGuy
BRU-NRT : 15/11/17 : xtommox
AMS-HND : 15/11/17 : phoneticduck +1
AMS-NRT : 17/11/17 : polochick
BRU-NRT : 17/11/17 : Asserti+1 (DOH-NRT 18/11)
LHR-HND : 18/11/17 : justatourist
AMS-HND : 19/11/17 : Tennislover9
AMS-HND : 20.11.17 : travellingjake +2
LHR-NRT : 23/11/17 : Pilot37
LHR-HND : 23/11/17 : Carofos
AMS-NRT : 24/11/17 : island82

Inbound
HND-AMS : 05/11/17 : toastedcafe
HND-AMS : 11/11/17 : Cymro +1
NRT-AMS : 12.11.17 : jordie
HND-AMS : 19.11.17 : UAPremierGuy
HND-AMS : 21/11/17 : phoneticduck +1
NRT-BRU : 22/11/17 : mad_rich
NRT-BRU : 23/11/17 : Asserti+1 (DOH-BRU 25/11)
HND-AMS : 25/11/17 : denkigroove
HND-AMS : 26/11/17 : Tennislover9
HND-AMS : 26/11/17 : polochick
NRT-BRU : 26/11/17 : fbruno
HND-LHR : 27/11/17 : Pilot37
NRT-AMS : 28/11/17 : island82
NRT-BRU : 28/11/17 : xtommox
HND-LHR : 29/11/17 : Carofos
NRT-MAN : 30.11.17 : travellingjake +2

December

Outbound
BRU-HND : 04/12/17 : jlisi984 +2
AMS-NRT : 10/12/17 : NikaK +1

Inbound
NRT-AMS : 04/12/17 : justatourist
HND-AMS : 12/12/17 : jlisi984 +2
NRT-AMS : 14/12/17 : NikaK +1
Print Wikipost

The 'Sake Fare' Meet-Up Thread: AMS/BRU-DOH-TYO

Old Jun 17, 2017, 7:43 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by remdk
jix I would recommend that you look at https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ines/qatar.jsp for this information.
Yes but I may be short about 50 miles based on the great circle mapper, so wanted to confirm the numbers for those that got credited.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 12:14 am

makrom CORRECTION!
These changes were advised last December! See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...es-2017-a.html for more details.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by Talk To Me Goose
Certainly earlier than the rescheduled AMS flight, and on par with what was already booked before the cancellation of QR273 on my travel date.

I now land at LHR at the same time as I would have at AMS, I could have been earlier but opted for the A380 flight 75mins later.
That is a stroke of luck if you get to go back to LHR rather than AMS. Saves on an RFS if you are based in London.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: LH FTL
I have been a longtime lurker, enjoying your trip reports and benefit from all the informations provided here. Now I am able to share some informations with you which may be from certain interest.

In a nightly session I was able to book a "Sake Fare" trip and was even able to onboard 2 fellow passengers.
The inital routing was
(FRA/MUC)-AMS-DOH-HND-DOH-AMS-(FRA/MUC)

Unfortunately I did recieve a notification with the delayed QR flight(s) starting / ending in AMS. I did call the german QR hotline and they agreed to modify the routing as follows:
FRA-DOH-HND-DOH-FRA for 2 PAX
and
MUC-DOH-HND-DOH-MUC for 1 PAX

A re-price of the ticket was not triggered. Fare classes are now (I)-(I)-(D)-(D).

Tickets were issued immediately - I was even encouraged to check the modifications during the conversation with the QR agent.
QR outreached my expectations. The conversation with the QR agent was very professional and customer oriented. He was only holding me for about 5 minutes to discuss my request with his supervisor.
Now we do have some non-refundable positioning flights and "only" 4 flights instead of 6 .

Best regards

Last edited by heidelflyer; Jun 21, 2017 at 12:22 pm
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:34 pm

heidelflyer welcome to Flyertalk and especially to the QR forum.

What a marvellous solution to your problem.

What a world of difference there is between the CS functions of just a year ago and what you have experienced today!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by heidelflyer
I have been a longtime lurker, enjoying your trip reports and benefit from all the informations provided here. Now I am able to share some informations with you which may be from certain interest.

In a nightly session I was able to book a "Sake Fare" trip and was even able to onboard 2 fellow passengers.
The inital routing was
(FRA/MUC)-AMS-DOH-HND-DOH-AMS-(FRA/MUC)

Unfortunately I did recieve a notification with the delayed QR flight(s) starting / ending in AMS. I did call the german QR hotline and they agreed to modify the routing as follows:
FRA-DOH-HND-DOH-FRA for 2 PAX
and
MUC-DOH-HND-DOH-MUC for 1 PAX

A re-price of the ticket was not triggered. Fare classes are now (I)-(I)-(D)-(D).

Tickets were issued immediately - I was even encouraged to check the modifications during the conversation with the QR agent.
QR outreached my expectations. The conversation with the QR agent was very professional and customer oriented. He was only holding me for about 5 minutes to discuss my request with his supervisor.
Now we do have some non-refundable positioning flights and "only" 4 flights instead of 6 .

Best regards
Hi heidelflyer, did you talk to a german speaking agent?
I talked to an english speaking agent at the german callcenter with the same request, trying to rebook from AMS to TXL. Eventually it was denied, they stated the rule that the flight delay should be more than 2 hours to get a free of charge rebooking. (My delay was 90 minutes)
I've already booked the (cheap) positioning flights, but i would prefer to have the comfort flying from my hometown over the money loss. I wouldn`t mind if there are no changes possible as the fare is already such a stunner
Best Regards

Last edited by saschp; Jun 23, 2017 at 2:41 am
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:58 am

They also refused to change my flight although it is five hours later (because connection time is shorter this way). No big deal though...
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, Amex, Shell V Power
Hi guys, I am a long time lurker and enjoy reading all the comments, I have also benefited from booking this fare, I have had a flight schedule change to my flight from NRT to DOH, the CSR quoted me the 2 hour rule for a for a flight change to be rebooked for free however, did say I should contact them by email for review.

The reason I was wanting a change is my connection time from my flight to HND from OKA is now only 3 hours between my flight from NRT to DOH which seems a little tight. I have emailed them and awaiting a response. Hoping for them to reroute me via HND or move my JAL flight forward. I will keep you updated.

Kind Regards
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by saschp
Hi heidelflyer, did you talk to a german speaking agent?
Yes, it was a german speaking agent.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, Amex, Shell V Power
Originally Posted by BA.Flyer
Hi guys, I am a long time lurker and enjoy reading all the comments, I have also benefited from booking this fare, I have had a flight schedule change to my flight from NRT to DOH, the CSR quoted me the 2 hour rule for a for a flight change to be rebooked for free however, did say I should contact them by email for review.

The reason I was wanting a change is my connection time from my flight to HND from OKA is now only 3 hours between my flight from NRT to DOH which seems a little tight. I have emailed them and awaiting a response. Hoping for them to reroute me via HND or move my JAL flight forward. I will keep you updated.

Kind Regards
Hi just a quick update on my flight change, I gave Qatar another call this morning and to my surprise this CSR agreed that the flight schedule change was to tight to make it. He explored all options to move my JAL flight forward however, he found no availability, I asked him if he could move me on to the flight departing from HND to DOH which departs later in the evening.

He decided this was the best course of action and moved me onto this flight which is fantastic news! I have now moved to a much more convenient airport I also have the added benefit of flying the A350 again instead of the B777-200 they use from NRT.

I just wanted to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread it has been a wonderful read and the fare is fantastic. I hope everyone has a great trip.

Kind Regards,
Old Jun 24, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: qr
As a data point - mods please feel free to move.
Amsterdam departure in July but different destination (HKT). Booked business class return back In January during travel festival as ex EU deal with separate positioning flight with BA from LHR. Got a flight update this more via my flights app that outbound flight had changed from AMS as well as schedule change on HKT sector . As a result connection time In DOH was 30 mins. Needless to say no update in MMB so proactively looked at options myself. wanted to keep travel dates the same ( accommodation booked ) however the next HKT flight meant a 14 hour transit time. Other possible re route was via bkk with connection to HKT - yuk four sectors then from uk !! So looked at direct from LHR . Worked quite well with things and a reasonable transit the through DOH . so rang London priv line explained predicament . Agent said yes I would have to take later HKT flight. Told him it was not suitable and suggested a re- route from LHR and he said he would check with supervisor . Two mins later came back and said yes no problems which flights did I want . I told him afternoon but he offered morning which quicker transit time. Held out for QR 4 or QR 8 offered both took the 8 on the 777. I know slim chance of q suites . All sorted no extra charges and ticket recd in 1 min . Logged onto MMB and hey 777 BED was in seat selection as q suite , As group of 4 tried to select middle seats but unable - to back on phone to priv line gave details of seats all booked in 1 min. Well done QR fab job , though I am not hanging my hat on the fact that we will get q suite as aircraft swaps are frequent as reported on this forum. No original R class seats available so tickets now c class so may even bag a few extra q points or miles.
Next challenge was to change positioning flights rang BA explained I wanted to abandon outbound Amsterdam flight - but keep In bound two weeks later - eh no cant do that have to canx outbound and pay for a rebooking fee etc. 40 mins later was done at a charge of 240 quid !! However,after pressing the agent to say that I couldn't d this on line or through BA MMB why should I have to pay phone service charge in the end she agreed and reduced re booking fee and so I only parted with 90 odd quid . And they get to resell my original outbound tickets to someone else !!! Worthwhile for flying from LHR outbound and possibility of q suite and the better lounge offering. Also may avoid any drama with BA if their MF crew strike goes ahead !! Hope this may help others out . Must say worlds apart QR and BA
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Good result here! I've requested STPC following the change in schedule that increased my layover in DOH from 1.5 to 9 hours. First response was that the fare is under $400 so they will not provide transit accommodation. I've pushed back saying that I didn't request the change and I've only accepted it on the assumption that transit accommodation is due. After a week wait, I received an STPC confirmation email.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 10:37 am

For those not following the topic in the Japan sub-forum or get the app notifications, another heads up regarding operational changes:

In July there are 2 different departure times for the QR812 (DOH-HND):

6h30 DOH - 22h40 HND
7h20 DOH - 23h30 HND

So, if you happen to come from AMS and your new flight to Haneda departs at 6h30, you won't make the connection.

From August onwards it seems the schedule isn't updated yet.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Radisson VIP, Hertz Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by justatourist
For those not following the topic in the Japan sub-forum or get the app notifications, another heads up regarding operational changes:

In July there are 2 different departure times for the QR812 (DOH-HND):

6h30 DOH - 22h40 HND
7h20 DOH - 23h30 HND

So, if you happen to come from AMS and your new flight to Haneda departs at 6h30, you won't make the connection.

From August onwards it seems the schedule isn't updated yet.
Depends on what AMS flight you are on of course....I'm due to land in DOH at 2335 on QR274 with a 7hr 35min connection to get what is currently scheduled as 0710 to HND.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:56 pm

justatourist you have obviously studied the changes, and seen a pattern in them. In order to avoid unnecessary panic would please post the days where this change is in effect. Should we also assume that the return flights depart earlier?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.