Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, HY Globalist, BY Titanium, QR Gold, TK Elite, SQ KFGL, UA SL, DL SL
Status Match

Hi guys,

I sent an email earlier this week to member services requesting a status match from my Iberia Oro since my travels with Qatar are becoming more and more frequent.

i received the following mail -

"Thank you for writing to Privilege Club.

Our sincere apologies for the delay in replying to you.

We wish to inform you that in regards to your status match query, please contact your nearest Qatar Airways office along with your existing membership card for further assistance. Our sales team will be more than happy to assist you.

Please visit the below mentioned link for further information on contact details for Qatar Airways offices worldwide.

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/contact-us.page

Do let us know if we can assist you any further."

This is a very weird reply as I'm absolutely sure if I'll go to my local office (especially Vietnam) they will have no idea what do I want from them.

can anyone assist please? Maybe Qatar ambassador?

Thank you!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Have a look here: http://statusmatcher.com/company/qatar-airways

I believe the email is [email protected]
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
mangoman1 ask for the contact email for your local office and send your request. If you search FT you will find that some people have managed to get a match (one level lower than that of the FFP you are matching from). However, the match is very discreet , on a case-to-case base and usually requires that you have a J class booking with QR.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, HY Globalist, BY Titanium, QR Gold, TK Elite, SQ KFGL, UA SL, DL SL
Originally Posted by henkybaby
That's exactly the address I sent it to.

@toastedcafe - thanks for that. I actually have 3 J bookings with them. Hopefully they'll match.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
mangoman1 Then I guess your changes are quite high! good luck!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
It is unusual for an airline to "poach" an elite from an alliance partner, which IB is (in fact, now partially owned by QR). However, such things are considered on the basis of a referral by the local sales office. In the "old" days, prior to FF programs, it was part of the job of local airline offices to identify their best customers and offer them special perks as CIPs (Commercially Important Persons). In the US and Canada, this included being invited to join their "private" clubs and thus have access to airport lounges and often upgrades. In the US, this ended when the anti-discrimination laws were passed in the 1960s, as such memberships at federally regulated companies was deemed to be discriminatory. However, the practice remained on other countries with their carriers until the introduction of FF programs and their elite tiers which offered similar benefits to those who flew the airline (or its alliance partners) most. Even today, there is a variant of CIP programs at all major airlines, though often "unpublished". At UA it's known as Global Services, at AA Concierge Key.

I would assume QR has a similar CIP program, but in the case of the OP is leaving it up to the local sales office to determine if he will generate enough new business from that station to be given a status match, and to what tier.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: UAMP, DLSM, EYEG, QRPC
I'm too requested a status match. I emailed them 25 Dec 16 until now no reply. I am resending email to check to progress still not yet reply.
Btw I have EY plat to match with, which I saw that they just excluded EY and EK for matching...
Old Jan 22, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: CX - Gold, EY- Plat, HGP - Diamond, Accor - Plat, SPG - Gold, IHG - Plat Amb
Originally Posted by tiamsanit
I'm too requested a status match. I emailed them 25 Dec 16 until now no reply. I am resending email to check to progress still not yet reply.
Btw I have EY plat to match with, which I saw that they just excluded EY and EK for matching...
I too am EY Plat till March next year, however switching to OW due to changing flight patterns going forward.

I applied a week back after booking 2 QR J Trips and 2 MH J Trips for this year with all necessary screenshots.

QR Member Services replied a couple of days back stating that they are revieing their Status Match Policies and will revert shortly. So all hope may not be lost for those matching EY Status.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:07 am
Original Poster

The last email I received from QR member services is that they have forwarded my case to the relevant department and will revert.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.