Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR CDG lounge opened

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Used the lounge on 31 January for the evening flight. It is truly amazing for an outstation lounge. The design is indeed beautiful, especially by CDG standards. And it is huge (for an outstation lounge) and not overcrowded as only J/F pax have access, which I appreciate. Service is outstanding.

Besides the hot and cold food buffet, you can order two soups and a salmon risotto or an excellent mixed grill (lamb chop, beef skewer and chicken). A good Saint Emilion grand cru (a few other nice wines too). The large outside terrace with tables allows smoking. Nice showers.

Really outstanding and F-class level. Far superior to any J lounge at CDG, and actually to any J lounge I have experienced worldwide (includes DOH).
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by brunos

Really outstanding and F-class level. Far superior to any J lounge at CDG, and actually to any J lounge I have experienced worldwide (includes DOH).
Mrs PtF and I are flying QR A380 F CDG-DOH at the end of April. It will be interesting to compare this lounge with QR's LHR T4 lounge.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Mrs PtF and I are flying QR A380 F CDG-DOH at the end of April. It will be interesting to compare this lounge with QR's LHR T4 lounge.
I have not used the LHR premium lounge but the pictures look very similar in design (minus the outdoor terrace). Like at CDG, DXB and DOH, these are premium lounges reserved to F/J pax.

The CDG lounge will be more crowded for the A380 flight (56 F/J seats). I had an A330 with a full J section of 30 pax.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
With the exception of outdoor terrace, the CDG QR Premium Lounge is a replica copy of the LHR QR Lounge after checking the link provided by mogoy. I passed through it back in Feb 2016 and I will go through it again in April.

There is a virtual tour on Google Maps.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.4589...7i13312!8i6656

Is there a menu provided at CDG for hot/fresh food? They definitely provide hot food at LHR. I've attached some pics below from LHR.

I may have read in another QR thread that LHR lounge is meant to be getting extended?
Attached Images      
Old Feb 3, 2017, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LHR and CDG have a very different number of premium pax. LHR has six daily while CDG only has three. That means that there are afternoon/evening time slots where there could pax from two flights when they depart withint an hour or so. CDG lounge is unlikely to be crowded excspt for the A388, but even thenthe number of dining tables is huge.

I do not know about the kitchen facilites at each airport (CDG kitchens could be smaller), but there was no menus. The waiter contact you as soon as you arrive and verbally offered the choices from the hot menu and that it limited to the two soups and mains that I mentioned. Other posters (including on the French website) got the same choice. It could be that the offer was more extensive for the CDG A388 flight at 16:05 as there are many more premium seats.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:34 am

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
What champagne and reds do they serve at the QR CDG lounge?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
What time is it open?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Quick update as I was in the lounge on March 25th.

They served Billecart-Salmon, as in the plane.

The lounge was very quiet even for a full A380 flight.

Food is delicious. Salads, soups, warm mains and desserts (not ŕ la carte, buffet). A lot of staff around and very friendly.

Fast wifi and nice overall design.

As far as I could see there was no separate F section (2 F pax were in the lounge), the lounge is for both F and J pax only.

Bear in mind that security is in the concourse right before the gate (not in the main terminal building), and walking can take some time throughout CDG T1 due to its round shape.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:21 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
The walk to the gate isn't the bad bit - it's the ridiculously designed up and downhill travelators that cause havoc!

M
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The walk to the gate isn't the bad bit - it's the ridiculously designed up and downhill travelators that cause havoc!

M
Yes, this too (especially for arrivals! The regular route is shorter than the priority immigration route with No1 access from gate 36, but we were denied the regular immigration (empty) and had to go to No1 (empty)).
Sorry for being unclear. I meant the walk from checkin to the lounge is actually also quite long.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: Not stuck with an Alliance anymore, Star gold, OW Saph
Smile

Originally Posted by florens
Yes, this too (especially for arrivals! The regular route is shorter than the priority immigration route with No1 access from gate 36, but we were denied the regular immigration (empty) and had to go to No1 (empty)).
Sorry for being unclear. I meant the walk from checkin to the lounge is actually also quite long.
On a average if the Priority lane is empty it took me 10 min to join the lounge most of the time....will not say that it's quite long
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: TG Plat, AF Lifetime Plat , QR plat , SPG Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by florens
For early morning arrivals, Acces No;1 is usually pretty useless as most times there is only 1 border policeman at the pasport control. Add to that the fact that disabled and assited passengers have priority at this border check, so immigration clearance usually takes longer at Acces No.1 than at the normal counters.
A small related anecdote. At my last arrival in CDG , Mr.Pepy , the CEO of French Railways, tried to use Acces No.1 and when faced with long queues and only one border policeman at the coubter, he asked him why he was alone when many flights arrived at the same time . His answer was: Ask my Boss ...
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by LukeO9
What time is it open?
Opening hours coincide with Qatar Airways flight departures only. 06:30-10:00; 12:00-16:00; 18:30-22:30.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
I arrive at CDG at 7:30 AM on DL but leave CDG for DOH in QR F at 16:05. Am I assuming correctly that I can still get in the lounge to shower in the morning before heading into Paris for lunch? Thanks.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by batmandds
I arrive at CDG at 7:30 AM on DL but leave CDG for DOH in QR F at 16:05. Am I assuming correctly that I can still get in the lounge to shower in the morning before heading into Paris for lunch? Thanks.
Answer below...

Last edited by LukeO9; Aug 7, 2017 at 12:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.