Q Credits: Maximizing them

Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: QR Gold, BA silver
Originally Posted by ostendadler
I have a few trips already bagged for 2017 but everytime I try and upgrade with the q credits I end up with some crappy number:

IE: Doha - Paris = 25 qcredits

Do you guys know which flights can be upgraded with 20qcredits.

So far my best has been 38qcredits used out of 40.

I agree with the guy who said by economy and upgrade.
Far East-Europe would cost 40 Qcredits, but in your case, I can't think of any
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mpkz
Ah wait, nevermind, I was just uploading my photos from that journey and realized that I got op-upped on a different segment (a 40 min segment I really wouldn't have minded Y on) on the same roundtrip on a promo ticket!
Oh, good news, thanks for the update!
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: qatar gold
I might bump into business on a Doha to los angeles flight its 35 qcredits for a one way flight. That should do the trick. I'll lose 5 of them but at least i'll enjoy biz for a full 16 hours.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 4:03 am

Programs: QR Gold/Gulf Air Gold/UA Gold
Originally Posted by ostendadler
Yeah I have been consistently upgraded to business ever since I got to gold on routes like Abu Dhabi to Doha, Dubai to Doha and Muscat to Doha. They tend to over sell those flights so they bump FF to business because very few people bother buying business tickets for a 45 minutes so they give them to us.

In all cases I got bumped at boarding.
WOW lucky you
I have been gold for almost a year, and flown them almost a dozen times. Never upgraded.... I guess maybe its my routes.... (BAH DOH, DOH ORD...)
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:27 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
So can I use my Q credits to upgrade Y-J on any fare class? Even Savers? What about one-way tix? Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:17 am

NoY no you can not. You can only use them on the ticketing classes specified on the Qcalculator for the route. T, O, W and G are usually excepted. see http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...alculator.page for more details.
One way upgrades are permitted.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:36 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by remdk
NoY no you can not. You can only use them on the ticketing classes specified on the Qcalculator for the route. T, O, W and G are usually excepted. see http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...alculator.page for more details.
One way upgrades are permitted.
Ok, cheers but am still a bit confused (its easily done!). For AUH-DOH-LHR to upgrade with Q CREDITS the calculator says 30. Thats fine. Will that put me in F on AUH-DOH & in J on DOH-LHR?

Do I check reward availability to see if Q credit upgrades are available on specific dates?

If so it says only Flexi-Awards are available when checking AUH-DOH-LHR (but standard awards are available on the DOH-LHR sector) - are the 30 Q credits usable in these circumstances? Confused! Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:09 am

NoY If you can use Qmiles then you can also use Qcredits. But not both on the same upgrade! I do not know but I would imagine that you would need to use double Qcredits for a Flexi award. I think you need to raise your level of confusion and contact your friendly QR office! It could be that they can find a standard award for you!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:34 am
NoY

NoY If you can use Qmiles then you can also use Qcredits. But not both on the same upgrade! I do not know but I would imagine that you would need to use double Qcredits for a Flexi award. I think you need to raise your level of confusion and contact your friendly QR office! It could be that they can find a standard award for you!
lol. thanks will do, & i will report back with info, should it help someone else ^
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Unfortunately, there's not such a possibility to use double Qcredit/Qmiles when only flexi awards are available on the route you want to upgrade.
And the worst is as NoY can only see award availability on his second leg means he might not be able to upgrade it because of what seems to be complex married segments rules with upgrades...
Good luck to you NoY and don't hesitate to put your upgrade request on the waiting list or in last chance, try an airport upgrade using Qmiles or Qcredits.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:01 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by Matt4
Unfortunately, there's not such a possibility to use double Qcredit/Qmiles when only flexi awards are available on the route you want to upgrade.
And the worst is as NoY can only see award availability on his second leg means he might not be able to upgrade it because of what seems to be complex married segments rules with upgrades...
Good luck to you NoY and don't hesitate to put your upgrade request on the waiting list or in last chance, try an airport upgrade using Qmiles or Qcredits.
Thanks. Award space shows only for Flex-Awards for the whole itinerary. Standard awards show on the DOH-LHr sector. Its only the DOH-LHR leg I would care about upgrading as the AUH-DOH leg is so short. Will they upgrade only one leg?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:33 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Yes you can upgrade only one segment. I've done it lots of times.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:41 am
NoY

Originally Posted by sturejan
Yes you can upgrade only one segment. I've done it lots of times.
^^^
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:50 am
NoY

OK took the plunge & booked a Y fare (actually N fare AUH-LHR) & then did an online Q Credits upgrade for F/J. System said 30 Q points - great. So i clicked through & it said there was some kind of error. My activity profile shows the redemption of 30 Q Credits, although my dashboard still shows 40 available There were redemptions seats available on the flights I picked in F & J....what next, as my booking still shows in Y
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: qr
^NOY- had the same issue as you when using the automated on line system - showed error etc and still showed credits on my dashboard. On checking the APP on my phone activity showed I had submitted an upgrade request and it was in progress. 16 hours later had an E mail from Priv Club confirming upgrade and deduction of said credits which by then had disappeared from my dashboard / account. they also sent revised new ticket with new class of travel and PNR

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.