Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: remdk
Long connections at DOH.

Follow Arrival at DOH. (Disembarking) until you reach the departure area.
Once in the departure area there are a large number of things to entertain you.

QR have given me accommodation what do I do?
If you are already in the departure area then you have missed the transfer desks and need to go back through security to them. See STPC What do I do for details.

What lounges are available?
lounges at HIA contains details of the lounges available to you. The link contains the latest updated lounge details but a very brief summary is given here.
Al Safwa - Is for QR and OW First Class passengers only. You may use the lounge if you are departing DOH in F or arriving in longhaul F.
Al Mourjan - Is for QR and OW Business Class passengers only. You may use the lounge if you are departing DOH in J or arriving in longhaul J.
First Class lounge - is for Privilege Club Platinum and Oneworld Emerald status passengers travelling in Y.
Business Class lounge - Is for Privilege Club Gold and Silver and Oneworld Sapphire status passengers traveling in Y.
Oryx lounge - Is a lounge that anyone can use on payment of QAR 200 (approximately USD 55).
Longhaul is defined as any flight with a scheduled flighttime of five hours or longer.

What about shopping and food?
There are numerous retail and food outlets. Most are open 24 hours every day. These are mostly collected together around the South and North nodes of the airport with some dotted around in other places. See airport maps for downloadable maps of shops and food outlets.

Can I leave the airport?
Yes. There are several ways of doing this.
If you take the free City bus tour then you will be provided with a free tourist visa for the tour.
You can apply for a free tourist visa up to 30 days prior to your requiring it and make your own tour of Doha.
For a number of countries you can purchase a visa on arrival and make your own tour. Look at diy doha night tour for one suggestion for a tour at night.

What about resting at the airport?
There is an airside Airport Hotel and there are relaxation/rest rooms in Al Safwa and Al Mourjan lounges .
There are supposed to be several quiet areas and communal relaxation areas with recliners in the airport. The best one is apparently quite well hidden behind a childrens play area somewhere in Wing C.

Last updated 2016-12-12
Originally developed by remdk 2016-12-12
Print Wikipost

Long connections at DOH.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Long connections at DOH.

Long connections at DOH.
Follow http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...embarking.html until you reach the departure area.
Once in the departure area there are a large number of things to entertain you.

QR have given me accommodation what do I do?
If you are already in the departure area then you have missed the transfer desks and need to go back through security to them. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...t-do-i-do.html for details.

What lounges are available?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...unges-hia.html contains details of the lounges available to you. The link contains the latest updated lounge details but a very brief summary is given here.
Al Safwa - Is for QR and OW First Class passengers only. You may use the lounge if you are departing DOH in F or arriving in longhaul F.
Al Mourjan - Is for QR and OW Business Class passengers only. You may use the lounge if you are departing DOH in J or arriving in longhaul J.
First Class lounge - is for Privilege Club Platinum and Oneworld Emerald status passengers travelling in Y.
Business Class lounge - Is for Privilege Club Gold and Silver and Oneworld Sapphire status passengers traveling in Y.
Oryx lounge - Is a lounge that anyone can use on payment of QAR 200 (approximately USD 55).
Longhaul is defined as any flight with a scheduled flighttime of five hours or longer.

What about shopping and food?
There are numerous retail and food outlets. Most are open 24 hours every day. These are mostly collected together around the South and North nodes of the airport with some dotted around in other places. see airport maps for downloadable maps of shops and food outlets.

Can I leave the airport?
Yes. There are several ways of doing this.
If you take the free City bus tour then you will be provided with a free tourist visa for the tour.
You can apply for a free tourist visa up to 30 days prior to your requiring it and make your own tour of Doha.
For a number of countries you can purchase a visa on arrival and make your own tour.

What about resting at the airport?
There is an airside Airport Hotel and there are relaxation/rest rooms in Al Safwa and Al Mourjan lounges .
There are supposed to be several quiet areas and communal relaxation areas with recliners in the airport. The best one is apparently quite well hidden behind a childrens play area somewhere in Wing C.

Under development!

Please come with comments, suggestions etc. Together we can make this future Wiki in the About DOH airport structure an invaluable tool for those that need it.

Last edited by remdk; Dec 12, 2016 at 9:13 am
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Reserved for future use.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:27 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Certain arriving flights do not need to clear security. LHR and BKK are two examples I can confirm (other can add more). When clearing security, there are middle lanes (not well sign posted) for Premium Passengers. These cut you to the front of the queue.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:45 am
Original Poster

roadwarriorafrica the list of flights exempted security checks varies from day to day. Taking msm2000uks recent comment as a basis I would estimate that about 30% of LHR arrivals go through security checks. Probably a similar number from BKK.

If you wish to continue this discussion I will ask the moderators to move these posts to a more suitable thread.

Last edited by remdk; Dec 2, 2016 at 4:56 am
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Post 1 has been enlarged and posted as a Wiki. Comments and suggestions please.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:25 am

It would be helpful (on top of the already helpfulness of this thread) if a list of hotels with complimentary airport transfers were included in the the initial post.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

3544quebec yes a list of hotels would be of help to some. Do you have any suggestions or are you looking for information?
Just because it is complimentary does not mean that hotel guests do not pay for it. For example over room rates.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
It would be helpful (on top of the already helpfulness of this thread) if a list of hotels with complimentary airport transfers were included in the the initial post.
When I stayed at the W, I had not booked any type of transfer. However, I found the W Doha rep at the airport, and he paid a taxi driver in cash to take me to the hotel (I had no local currency and didn't need any). The fare was added to my bill (with a 15% service charge). I thought that that was excellent service, above and beyond. ^

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Apr 25, 2017 at 12:11 am
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by remdk
3544quebec yes a list of hotels would be of help to some. Do you have any suggestions or are you looking for information?
Just because it is complimentary does not mean that hotel guests do not pay for it. For example over room rates.
Personally looking for information but have had an email reply from the Crowne Plaza:

SHUTTLE
PARK BUSINESS THE - DOHA PLAZA CROWNE

daily available service shuttle Complimentary

Pickup points
Hotel main entrance
Information Desk at the Airport

Hotel to Airport
Airport to Hotel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.