Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R class no BAEC tier points or Avios

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
the oneworld logo and the reference to BAEC when i selected the FP programme were key parts of the marketing material at point of sale.

Oxford Courts will soon make a call on the law.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:23 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
the oneworld logo and the reference to BAEC when i selected the FP programme were key parts of the marketing material at point of sale.

Oxford Courts will soon make a call on the law.
I'm not disagreeing with you, just playing devils advocate - I think there will be many in the same position as you.

M
Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:28 pm

I've just spoken to Marie at the US Call Centre (22.04 UK time, call ended 22.24 and was recorded against my PNR) and she said that the 5 BAEC numbers are recorded on the booking and will be honoured because I have booked before the changes applied. Not sure this will stick, but thats what she said to me. Suggested I speak to Privilege call centre tomorrow to confirm.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Does the ticket specifically state the earning potential with BAEC, or simply with QRPC? Indeed, does it say anything?

M
The ticket isn't the contract btw. Do you have a relationship with QR?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
The ticket isn't the contract btw. Do you have a relationship with QR?
A relationship? No.
Do I have contacts who feed me info from within QR? Yes.
Do QR know who I am? Yes

Its entirely one-way though, so I dont feed back to QR about anything - those within know Flyertalk without needing me to tell them!

M
Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:50 pm

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
I've just spoken to Marie at the US Call Centre (22.04 UK time, call ended 22.24 and was recorded against my PNR) and she said that the 5 BAEC numbers are recorded on the booking and will be honoured because I have booked before the changes applied. Not sure this will stick, but thats what she said to me. Suggested I speak to Privilege call centre tomorrow to confirm.
When did you book? I may make a new call in to them and see if I can get the same word and see if they can note on my PNR as well...
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I just wish BA would make a statement and clear the air... will they honour existing reservations or not?! Lots of hearsay.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Schwann
I just wish BA would make a statement and clear the air... will they honour existing reservations or not?! Lots of hearsay.
Keep dreaming. Alex Cruz would never admit he is wrong.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by godsavethepoints
When did you book? I may make a new call in to them and see if I can get the same word and see if they can note on my PNR as well...
I booked on the 25th September.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:29 am

Queried the issue with QR by e-mail yesterday and received the following response this morning:

Dear Mr. TeflonMan,

This is in reference to your query which we received on 02 November, 2016.

We would suggest you to contact British Airways regarding your query. As they are the operator of your frequent flyer program, they are in a better position to address your concern.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and the opportunity to respond.

Sincerely yours,

Somebody
Customer Care Officer

Have now raised it with BAEC. Will update again in due course.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
This was another bad thing in a bad morning...

Then I remembered, I rebooked from PSA to FRA on the cheap Auckland deals over Christmas, and they cancelled and rebooked.

Now they are all I or J. Phew! Then I just wonder if they'll find a way to renege on it...
Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
If you booked yesterday, you could give QR a call and see if you can cancel within 24 hours...citing some sort of reason.
I did and got flatly refused.
And I got the impression I was not the first one to do it.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 4:00 am
Company Representative - British Airways

R class on QR

Dear all,

This is an error, R class should not have been removed. We are updating ba.com to reflect this.

Apologies for the confusions.

Warm Regards
Louise
Old Nov 3, 2016, 4:03 am

Thank you for the clarification Louise.

It will be much appreciated on the Forum.

M
Old Nov 3, 2016, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I suspect that this is one of "reduce-competition" benefit of the new revenue-sharing JV between BA and QR.

My guess is that QR will codeshare in Europe only on destinations where it does not fly and vice versa for BA. The fact that QR now used R class for most of its heavily-discounted fares makes it much less attractive to fly LHR-HKG on QR than was the case.

It might be a good business decision from BA viewpoint and it might allow to increase fares for LHR-based pax. But I doubt that QR carefully studied its implications. Most pax are not members of QR FFP and will never have enough business on QR to switch from another OW FFP. Many pax flying from Europe (exUK) to Asia are BAEC members. That will reduce the attraction for premium pax flying Europe-Asia.

Just as an example, my family (yes my children are business pax based in France or Asia) fly QR business some 10 return business tickets between Europe and Asia. We credit to BAEC and use the family account. That will be lost business for QR. We do not fly enough to have the luxury to maintain status without those flights. To me, moving to a much more expensive QR fare is not attractive compared to nonstop CX or other OW alternatives (yes, even BA with a transit in chaotic LHR).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.