Wiki Posts
Search

10% off mobile bookings

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
10% off mobile bookings

Qatar have just sent me a promotional email offering 10% off bookings made via their mobile website or mobile app with the code MOBILE.

Not a significant discount, only applies to the base fare, but worth having if you were going to book a flight in any case.
Take advantage of a special discount of up to 10% when you book your next trip on a mobile device.

With an innovative range of mobile services on hand, it is now easier to make big plans on small screens.

Use promocode MOBILE to book your ticket by 24th October* and enjoy exclusive savings on Economy Class and Business Class fares to our destinations around the world. Simply type qatarairways.com into your device's browser, download the app or follow the link below if you are on your mobile device.

To view these special fares, please visit qatarairways.co.uk

We look forward to welcoming you on board.

Yours Sincerely,
Qatar Airways
http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/of...cid=emgb214700

Terms and conditions
Sales period: 17 October 2016 – 24 October 2016.
Travel period: 20 October 2016 – 14 June 2017. All travel must be completed by 14 June 2017.
Blackout dates (travel not allowed): 15 December 2016 – 10 January 2017.
Valid on Qatar Airways operated flights worldwide, with the following exception:
- All itineraries originating from Doha, Jeddah, Madinah and Asmara. All itineraries to Jeddah, Madinah and Kathmandu.
Purchases can only be made on Qatar Airways mobile site or Qatar Airways mobile app by entering the promotional code “MOBILE” at the time of booking.
Qatar Airways will not be responsible for any fare differences if customers fail to enter the given promotional code at the time of booking.
Discount applies to Economy and Premium Class return tickets, with the following exception:
- First Class A380 service on London – Doha route.
Discount applies to air fare only. Discount does not apply to taxes, surcharges and all other standard market surcharges.
Seats are limited and are subject to availability of the relevant booking class.
For travel involving multiple booking classes, the most restrictive fare rules apply on the entire itinerary.
Standard child/infant discount applies.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the fare rules at the time of booking.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 10:01 pm

I only got offered a 5% discount with that code. I was directed to qatarairways.com/hk to redeem
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:04 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
I'm trying to book but getting any discount using the code
Old Oct 22, 2016, 11:21 pm

Unable to get any discount on it
Old Oct 23, 2016, 2:49 am

Try using the app on your tablet or phone instead of the browser.

Just tried both. The app honoured the discount. Base fare was 10% cheaper. The QR website on mobile browser said the code was no longer valid. I just wish the app had a multi-city booking function!
Old Oct 23, 2016, 4:09 am

Programs: BA BD SA
I can get the discount to show using the app on my iPad.

But it seems the app does not permit booking of open jaws - is that right?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
I can get the discount to show using the app on my iPad.

But it seems the app does not permit booking of open jaws - is that right?
That was certainly my experience with it. Could only see options for O/W or R/T.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by flyingbubbles
Try using the app on your tablet or phone instead of the browser.

Just tried both. The app honoured the discount. Base fare was 10% cheaper. The QR website on mobile browser said the code was no longer valid. I just wish the app had a multi-city booking function!
The mobile version of the website worked OK for me, although my phone didn't default to it like it does for most sites.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by ft101
The mobile version of the website worked OK for me, although my phone didn't default to it like it does for most sites.
Ahh... I see what you mean... my iPad just went straight to the desktop version when I used the browser. Doesn't help with the lack of multi-city functionality though. It essentially uses the same framework as the app.
Thanks for pointing that out!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.