Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR: 50% off Business saver from UK for £19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2016, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Groupon discount

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/ga-q...subs_group=afl

Maybe useful to someone

Up to 50% Discount on Economy and Business Saver Fares for Multiple Destinations
ncluded: Voucher for up to 50% discount on flights to selected destinations for Economy Saver, Economy Value, Business Saver & Business Value fares. See fine print for more details on specific departure airports and destinations

£9 for 25% discount voucher for Economy Saver and Value fares
£19 for 50% discount voucher for Business Saver Fares
Old Oct 11, 2016, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Interesting, thanks. I could certainly have used this but booked before the offer appeared.

From the T+Cs: not too many excluded dates, can book for travel to end March, book by 30 October.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: BAEC
Everything I've looked at has sufficient space in R, meaning that this doesn't really work out beneficial. If there was a nice error face kicking around or this could be used with saver fares, that could make it very interesting.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 2:01 am

Looks good to me? If i take a date over easter for LHR-AKL the price works out at £4394.25 of which £603.25 are taxes. Assuming a 50% discount on the £3791 fare then the overall cost = £19+£1895.5+£603.25 = £2,517.75

Which is a very reasonable price for a one stop flight to AKL from LHR on a quality airline.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
The discount seems to be pretty much exactly 50% of the non-tax price shown on the normal website. I was looking at some flights that came up as £2449 normally, of which £2021 was fare and £428 was tax. Armed with the voucher, I bought the flights for £1438

The discount booking interface still shows the promo seats, but they're more expensive than saver and value as the discount really isn't applied to them
Old Oct 12, 2016, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Thanks, I bought these just in case I want to do the last globetrotter with these (maybe a return to Birmingham?) Good option to have in any case.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 6:36 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
Thanks, I bought an economy one as it may come in handy for the last globetrotter also..
Old Oct 13, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc

Groupon UK offer for 50% off Business saver tickets as below - there's some good deals to be had.

Validity:
Valid from 26 Sep 2016 to 30 Jun 2017. Excluded dates/periods: 9-28 Dec 2016, 28 Mar-10 Apr 2017 (outbound flights), 31 Dec 2016-11 Jan 2017, 09-26 Apr 2017 (inbound flights).
Valid for Economy Saver, Economy Value, Business Saver & Business Value Fares only.
Price for 1 booking. May book flight for multiple customers under one booking.

Booking and redemption:
Must book by 30 Oct 2016.
Booking required via merchant website:Qatar Economy Class or Qatar Airways Business Class and subject to availability.
No modification or cancellation allowed after booking confirmation. Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable to another destination once confirmed.
Limit 1 voucher per booking. May not buy multiple vouchers combine with other discounts for fares.
Discount is not applicable toward promotional fares sold on Qatar Airways.

Flights and airports:
Applies toward flights from: London Heathrow, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh to: Jakarta, Colombo, Bali, Kathmandu, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Yangon, Ras Al Khaimah, Krabi, Abu Dhabi, Windhoek, Nagpur, Maldives, Bangkok, Dar Es Salaam, Entebbe, Hanoi, Phuket, Muscat, Nairobi, Perth, Adelaide, Seychelles, Bengaluru, Kochi, Delhi, Hong Kong, Johannesburg, Tokyo (Narita International Airport only), Phnom Penh, Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland .The discount is applicable only to the airline fare and does not include taxes.

Redemption instructions:
1.Purchase Groupon voucher with unique booking code
2) Make a booking via Qatar Economy Class or Qatar Airways Business Class
3) Follow the instructions to search and choose flights
4) Apply promotional code to receive reduced fare
5) Pay for the remaining fare
6) Wait for the booking confirmation Qatar Airways FAQ's
Read merchant's FAQ for more information: Qatar Airways.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
I looked at this deal and it was ok. The issue I had for my dates was that it doeant appear to work with flexi fares and the dates I need to travel there were no value or saver fares available. If promo fares are available they seem to be better than the groupon. I am sure there if value to be had. Where did you find the best deals to be?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by mcgahat
I looked at this deal and it was ok. The issue I had for my dates was that it doeant appear to work with flexi fares and the dates I need to travel there were no value or saver fares available. If promo fares are available they seem to be better than the groupon. I am sure there if value to be had. Where did you find the best deals to be?
Many thanks OP. Successfully bought the deal. Now seeing some great opportunities http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/special-offers.page?# Things like Goa, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong are all very reasonable for a direct London departure!
Old Oct 13, 2016, 1:00 pm

Can you share som sample prices quoted when using the code?

Originally Posted by godsavethepoints
Many thanks OP. Successfully bought the deal. Now seeing some great opportunities http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/special-offers.page?# Things like Goa, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong are all very reasonable for a direct London departure!
Old Oct 13, 2016, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by godsavethepoints
I believe these are prices for business promo fares which may not be valid with the coupon. It would be interesting to see if the 50% discount also applies to surcharges (YQ/YR etc).
Old Oct 13, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: LH SEN, QR Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5-star
Thx for sharing ! Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it cheaper (if your flexible with dates) to book a business promo flight in stead of the business saver?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Would I be right in thinking there's no discount on the taxes, which on a business class fare ex-UK would be fairly substantial?

Shame this isn't valid for departure from, well, pretty much any other country in Europe!
Old Oct 13, 2016, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Nico_T_
Thx for sharing ! Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it cheaper (if your flexible with dates) to book a business promo flight in stead of the business saver?
Generally it would be lower, I haven't seen it the other way around. QR J buckets are in this order: Promo - Saver - Value - Flexi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.