Wiki Posts
Search

While Awaiting Renewal of Platinum Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2016, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
While Awaiting Renewal of Platinum Card

I wonder if the readers here can advise me. My Platinum Card expires at the end of today and will be renewed (as Platinum Member again) tomorrow. I understand that the new card will be posted to me in due course. We have unfortunately a very inefficient postal service in our country and I may not receive the renewed card prior to my next travel later this month. I am hoping to use the OWE status to use the Iberia lounge in Spain when flying economy on IB. Can anyone advise me as to what I can do?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Hi not sure it accurate info but your OW status should be printed on your boarding pass I'm fairly sure that will be acceptable
Old Oct 3, 2016, 5:13 am

If you have a QR app on your phone, you can use it to display your current card. This has worked for me.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 5:27 am

Programs: Qatar Plat
Print it out in colour. They just need member number anyway, it's all in the database.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Canuck2012
Print it out in colour. They just need member number anyway, it's all in the database.
When I first hit AA EXP, I had success printing it, cutting to size and laminating it.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I can't remember ever once having been asked for my FF card for lounge entry. My number and status is always on the boarding pass, which the lounge attendants scan and then wave me in.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by purple1addict
I can't remember ever once having been asked for my FF card for lounge entry.
There is at least one situation in which it's useful. AA Admirals Clubs are only open to Club members and elite card holders at or above Sapphire (I think) of partners but not AAdvantage. So if you aren't an Admirals Club member and flying on AA, you can get in free by showing, say, a QRPC PLT card (which I was just informed is on its way to me!!!). The computer won't have it if you're flying on your AAdvantage number that day.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Many thanks everyone for your input. I shall be flying within Spain on IB in Economy, and hoping to use their Business lounges. The IB boarding passes will not have my QR number or OW status listed. I called QR and they said they would (on top of mailing me the new card) send me a letter by e-mail. Am sure that should work. Many thanks again.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 6:45 am

Programs: Platinum QR Platinum Marriott Diamond HH
Gold & Platinum

for gold & platinum members they can request to collect their membership cards from Privilege Club office in Doha Airport while transiting, you just need to send an email two weeks ahead and you will be able to collect it from DOH.
good luck
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:25 am

Traveltolive welcome to Flyertalk and the QR forum. Do take the time to look around and you will find a wealth of useful information. Start with the dashboard and you will soon find interesting topics.
Thank you for your post it will soon become a valued part of the information available to all.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:25 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Originally Posted by Philodemus
If you have a QR app on your phone, you can use it to display your current card. This has worked for me.
The card displayed in the App has no expiry date shown on it. An awkward lounge dragon (believe it or not, there are some awkward ones out there) may refuse to accept it as evidence.

My Plat card expires on 27 December. On 28 December I am flying CX J with a long layover in HKG so I would like to use the Pier F Lounge. I have already re-qualified on QR for Plat so I emailed Member Services asking if my new card could be sent before 27 December and got the usual, unhelpful, cut and paste response, including the blindingly obvious "Once your membership tier is renewed it will reflect your new expiry date".

Hopefully, my boarding pass will be sufficient but I will be very unhappy if I am denied Emerald benefits just because QR cannot be bothered to process renewal of status in time.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:30 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BobBHX
The card displayed in the App has no expiry date shown on it. An awkward lounge dragon (believe it or not, there are some awkward ones out there) may refuse to accept it as evidence.

My Plat card expires on 27 December. On 28 December I am flying CX J with a long layover in HKG so I would like to use the Pier F Lounge. I have already re-qualified on QR for Plat so I emailed Member Services asking if my new card could be sent before 27 December and got the usual, unhelpful, cut and paste response, including the blindingly obvious "Once your membership tier is renewed it will reflect your new expiry date".

Hopefully, my boarding pass will be sufficient but I will be very unhappy if I am denied Emerald benefits just because QR cannot be bothered to process renewal of status in time.
I have never needed my card when my QR number is on my boarding pass. In fact, I was at The Pier F lounge last week and they merely scanned my boarding pass and welcomed me in (no lounge invitation nor QR card was requested). You would be extremely unlucky to find otherwise - just make sure Emerald is on your boarding pass when you've checked in.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by BobBHX
The card displayed in the App has no expiry date shown on it.
The card image shown under My Dashboard indeed doesn't, but the one shown under Membership Card does. (I can only speak for the Android app.)
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:59 am
Original Poster

The main reason I hold onto my QR Platinum (OWE) card is because of the CX Pier First Lounge in Hong Kong. In my limited travel experience, it comes up top and I look forward to my next visit to this lounge. By the way, please explain to me how to include the QR membership number and OW status on the boarding pass if I happen to fly say CX (or any OW airline) and intends to accredit the miles to CX (or any OW airline other than QR).
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:15 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by BlueEgg
The IB boarding passes will not have my QR number or OW status listed.
I suspect from your post below that you are not crediting the IB flights to QR. If that's the case then...

Originally Posted by BlueEgg
By the way, please explain to me how to include the QR membership number and OW status on the boarding pass if I happen to fly say CX (or any OW airline) and intends to accredit the miles to CX (or any OW airline other than QR).
This is not something easy to do, it can certainly be done, but you will need a customer service agent that knows how to do it, and that is willing to do it. What you need in this situation is your QR number set as FQTS and your CX number as FQTV, but as it's been pointed out, just the phone app should do the trick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.