Community
Wiki Posts
Search

While Awaiting Renewal of Platinum Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2016, 2:18 pm

BlueEgg the simplest solution is to log onto your PC account and use the E-mail card or Print card functions of the PC dashboard.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 10:35 am

A bit off topic, but wanted to share nevertheless.

I tried to get a status match with my PC Plat to Turkish Miles & Smiles Gold.

I forwarded TK the E-Mail Card, Print card, 3 month travel activity statement (which shows I travel frequently - and on TK route network), the actual renewal email from PC and screen dump from QR/PC website with all my details. I even forwarded them a photograph taken with my smartphone of the compute screen showing them my Platinum status (which is renewed all the way to Aug 2018).

But TK insisted that I have to forward them photographs of the actual physical PC Plat membership card, which I unfortunately don't have (never received).

Normal postal services in the African country where I reside are useless - it takes easy 3 months for a letter to arrive - and often it never does arrive.

I will therefore now pick my Plat card in Doha in 3 weeks when I'm transiting. It is just annoying as I will before that have a trip on TK metal - and would like to earn the additional miles being Miles & Smiles Gold member, instead of crediting them to my Thai Royal Orchid Plus account, where I don't have any status (maybe silver, can't remember).

Anyone had similar issues?

BR
Namlakhorn
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:49 pm

Namlakhorn the e-mail and print options are ideal in your situation until you can collect your card personally.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by remdk
Namlakhorn the e-mail and print options are ideal in your situation until you can collect your card personally.
Well... that is if the email and print option is accepted as identification for status. However, Turkish Airlines does not accept the email and print option for their status match to Miles & Smiles.

So not exactly ideal. Of course the fault is on TK and not QR...

BR
Martin
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Originally Posted by Philodemus
The card image shown under My Dashboard indeed doesn't, but the one shown under Membership Card does. (I can only speak for the Android app.)
Thanks. I have found it on the IOS App.

Thanks also to purple1addict. I am flying CX metal in J but crediting to PC so my PC number and status should show - assuming that QR update it no later than the expiry date of 27 December.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BobBHX
Thanks. I have found it on the IOS App.

Thanks also to purple1addict. I am flying CX metal in J but crediting to PC so my PC number and status should show - assuming that QR update it no later than the expiry date of 27 December.
Yep, I flew CX Y with my QR FF on the boarding pass and all worked perfectly. Enjoy your flights
Old Oct 26, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold, EK Silver, HH Gold, MR Gold
I've just achieved Qatar Gold, notification email today. Quoted 3-4 weeks till new pack delivered, how long does it usually take coming to UK address? Apologies on the hi-jack although slightly relevant and not worth creating new thread.

Thanks
Old Oct 29, 2016, 1:43 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by diss50
I've just achieved Qatar Gold, notification email today. Quoted 3-4 weeks till new pack delivered, how long does it usually take coming to UK address? Apologies on the hi-jack although slightly relevant and not worth creating new thread.

Thanks
A couple of weeks in my experience. You won't really need the pack for much though - in the meantime just have a screenshot of your Gold card from your QRPC dashboard in case you're ever asked for it. Your pack will contain a letter welcoming you to QR Gold, a couple of luggage tags (mine fell off when I first used them and now I don't bother) and your card.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 3:59 am

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
diss50

You can even just download the membership card from your QRPC Mobile App into your apple wallet for use anytime (I'm not sure if android have the same in the google store but i'm sure they do!). Easy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.