Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar now offers a free 96 hour visa!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2016, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by remdk
onlysuites surely a partner redemption would be on partner ticket stock? QR ticket stock always starts with 157.
The terms and conditions https://transitvisa.qatarairways.com...plyVisa/search say "Confirmed tickets for a journey into Qatar and the onward journey out of Qatar must be on Qatar Airways ticket document. Both the flights must be operated by Qatar Airways. The facility is not applicable for travel where Doha is the point of turnaround e.g. BOM-DOH-BOM."
"Both the flights must be operated by Qatar Airways." also excludes codeshare when operated by another carrier.
Applied on a AA ticketed journey. Visa was approved within 24hrs ^^
Old Nov 9, 2016, 4:57 am

onlysuites Congratulations on your free visa. As far as I know you are the first to obtain the new visa.

i think we on the forum need to rethink what "must be on Qatar Airways ticket document" actually means. I certainly took it to mean ticket stock. It could of course mean 'any piece of paper that shows arrival and departure on QR operated flights.
What does it mean? Lets have some suggestions!
Old Nov 9, 2016, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

onlysuites Congratulations on your free visa. As far as I know you are the first to obtain the new visa.

i think we on the forum need to rethink what "must be on Qatar Airways ticket document" actually means. I certainly took it to mean ticket stock. It could of course mean 'any piece of paper that shows arrival and departure on QR operated flights.
What does it mean? Lets have some suggestions!
I think as long as you arrive/depart on QR you should be ok. This is the way EK/EY operate too.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
I tried today on the QR website (arriving in DOH on the 18th of November, so just over a week from now). First step is to enter your PNR and last name. I immediately get an error message that my itinerary is not eligible. Although the whole trip was booked on qatarairways.com, the first leg is indeed operated by Sri Lankan, even though it was booked as a QR coded flight. The website error message doesn't specify WHY your itinerary isn't applicable though.

I called RES just to be sure, but the agent didn't seem too familiar with any of this. She said "I dont think the flights matter as long as the layover meets the criteria" or something, which obviously didn't seem right given that the terms do specifically state that both inbound/outbound flights need to be operated by QR. In any event, she didn't have an alternate means of applying for the new VISA so I'm out of luck.

I'm not sure what the difference is, if the whole itinerary is booked via QR and includes a QR-coded flight, they obviously have access to the whole itinerary. But I don't make the rules. oh well.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: BAEC
I have tried, but not yet booked this for a QR journey in Nov / Dec.

Only one of my two journeys showed up - the first transit is under 5 hours so it doesn't qualify under the rules, so that makes sense.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 12:39 am

Programs: Qantas FF, United Mileage Plus, Virgin Velocity
Free 96 hour visa on award ticket

Was able to get free transit visa on a reward ticket using qantas points where ticket was issued on QF ticket stock but carriage on QR flights. Quite an easy procedure other than getting photo size of passport reduced to size acceptable by QR website but admittedly I am technologically challenged
Old Nov 10, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Do you guys think my visa will be considered/approved if my flights are ticketed separately like this?

HKG-DOH-LHR-DOH-HKG
DOH-DXB-DOH

Thanks!
Old Nov 10, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by l380
Do you guys think my visa will be considered/approved if my flights are ticketed separately like this?

HKG-DOH-LHR-DOH-HKG
DOH-DXB-DOH

Thanks!
The second one nope. The first me yes if the stop over is over 5hrs.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Qatar Transit Visa - passport expiry on application form past 2026

Hi all

I just received a new passport as my last one got full(!).

It expires in 2027. But when applying on the QR website for the transit visa, the passport expiry field only allows me to select up to 2026 for the year.

Should this cause an issue?

I called QR who said it "should" be ok but didn't sound too reassuring.

Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:19 am

Paren The immigration authorities have overseen the fact that a ten year passport can be valid or more than then years (15 months I have been told) due to early replacements for many reasons. Such as passport full or as Qatar demand "To apply for a free transit visa, passengers must hold a passport that is valid for a minimum of six months from the time of arrival in Qatar." etc etc.

I would recommend that you contact the immigration authorities by e-mail and explain the problem.
As far as I know their contact details are:-
General Directorate of Borders Passports and Expatriates Affairs
E-mail: [email protected] Phone: 44890333 Fax:44823777
Old Nov 13, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Paren The immigration authorities have overseen the fact that a ten year passport can be valid or more than then years (15 months I have been told) due to early replacements for many reasons. Such as passport full or as Qatar demand "To apply for a free transit visa, passengers must hold a passport that is valid for a minimum of six months from the time of arrival in Qatar." etc etc.

I would recommend that you contact the immigration authorities by e-mail and explain the problem.
As far as I know their contact details are:-
General Directorate of Borders Passports and Expatriates Affairs
E-mail: [email protected] Phone: 44890333 Fax:44823777
Thanks. I will get in touch with immigration.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Or just put in the wrong date and claim it's a typo...

I never had a problem accidentally typing in my passport issue date almost everywhere for about half a year
Old Nov 14, 2016, 1:57 pm

Transit visa - missing middle name on reservation

Hello,

I have a booking from GRU to BKK for 6 people on Qatar Airways. I booked the tickets only with first and last name of all passengers (suppressing middle names even though they show up in passports), as I did many times with multiple airlines without a problem. The thing is, that I have a 48 hours stop over in Doha and with the new transit visa scheme the visa issuing will be tied to the booking, which doesn't include full names as in passport. I have contacted Qatar regarding this but they are taking a long time to reply to my query. I know that we probably won't have an issue boarding the plane, but will there be a problem when issuing the visa? Thank you.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 3:09 pm

amandatoiansk welcome to Flyertalk ans especially welcome to the QR forum. Take a look around, starting with the dashboard and you will find an amazing quantity of hints and tips as well as answers to most of the many questions that may arise about QR. But not this time because the visa type is so new.

Having looked at the application system I would say that you need to input the full passport names here. The link to the ticket has already been established and the information copied. This information may also include a title such as Mr, Dr etc. This is NOT a part of your name but a title. What the application form appears to be asking for is details of your passport so that they may be compared with your actual passport which you need to upload later n the process.

I have not completed the application so I am still a little unsure. But perhaps those who have already obtained a visa will tell us.

Last edited by Zol; Nov 14, 2016 at 9:07 pm
Old Nov 15, 2016, 6:08 am

amandatoiansk welcome to Flyertalk ans especially welcome to the QR forum. Take a look around, starting with the dashboard and you will find an amazing quantity of hints and tips as well as answers to most of the many questions that may arise about QR. But not this time because the visa type is so new.

Having looked at the application system I would say that you need to input the full passport names here. The link to the ticket has already been established and the information copied. This information may also include a title such as Mr, Dr etc. This is NOT a part of your name but a title. What the application form appears to be asking for is details of your passport so that they may be compared with your actual passport which you need to upload later n the process.

I have not completed the application so I am still a little unsure. But perhaps those who have already obtained a visa will tell us.
So do you mean the system gets the name from the booking info and therefore I can not edit adding the full name as in passport? I can not access the system yet since my trip is still 3 months away but I don't want to wait and find out I won't be able to get the free visa only 1 month before the trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.