Qatar now offers a free 96 hour visa!

Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Not sure if remdk's explanation is still applicable but mine is still in verified with my travel scheduled for next week.

I have about 9 days until I touch down in DOH so still plenty of time.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: BAEC
Seems like the authorities are making it into a bit of a 'journey' to get the visa approved stage at the moment, hope its all worth the wait.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:02 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by hakzai
Applied on July 4, status changed to "In Progress / Application Verified" on July 10. Flying on July 21.
Just called up the Qatar Desk in HK and was told they would email HQ to expedite my visa.

Let's see how this goes...
Received my visa 5 hours after my call.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: American Airlines EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Traveling 24th Jul, applied 2nd Jul, received today. Looks like they are picking up processing speed relative to recent approvals?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:18 am

Traveling 24 July, applied 3 July, status still in progress/verified.
Do they mail the visa? I don't recall providing a mailing address.
I didn't apply too early, worried about the 30 day validity. Guess I'm paying for a visa on arrival now.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: American Airlines EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cathaychris
Traveling 24 July, applied 3 July, status still in progress/verified.
Do they mail the visa? I don't recall providing a mailing address.
I didn't apply too early, worried about the 30 day validity. Guess I'm paying for a visa on arrival now.
E-mail with PDF attachment to print and carry with you.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:19 am

cathaychris welcome to Flyertalk and especially to the QR forum.

The visa will be sent to you via e-mail.

If, as you state, you have provided no e-mail address how can the Immigration authorities notify you if the visa is granted or not. It cannot even contact you to tell you that the application is denied because of missing information. According to https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...py-of-my-visa- you need to produce a copy of the visa in DOH. But this appears to have been superseded by an online system.

However it would appear that they have obtained an e-mail address from your QR booking so it may not be a problem.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by remdk
cathaychris welcome to Flyertalk and especially to the QR forum.

The visa will be sent to you via e-mail.
Thank you for the information. There appears to be no indication about how the visa receipt will occur on the application website.
I did certainly provide an e-mail address, but not a postal service mailing address (except what appears on my passport). I am pleasantly surprised by the sensible use of technology in cases like this; it is as it should be.

Since the visa is to be delivered by e-mail and not by the postal service, and Qatar working hours begin on Sunday, then almost two business days remain prior to my travel, and so I will be patient. (Though since the status has remained unchanged since 16 July, I emailed to service to query them, since this worked for others in this thread.)
Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:58 am

Traveling to Islamabad - Baku - Istanbul - Doha – Islamabad

Not eligible for Visa on arrival.

Purchased expensive ticket through Qatar Airways just because of this 96 hour transit visa.

However, after reading few comments of VISA rejection by Qatar immigration authorities, I am stuck now.

Submitted documents on 28 Jul 2017. Flying to Baku on 10 Aug 2017.

However, as on 3 Aug 2017, My application status is still "submitted".

It would be very difficult for me to change the ticket once journey has started.

Lets see.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:43 pm

Programs: FB Silver - STE, BAEC Bronze - OW Ruby
Originally Posted by AbidSiddiqui
Traveling to Islamabad - Baku - Istanbul - Doha Islamabad

Purchased expensive ticket through Qatar Airways just because of this 96 hour transit visa.

However, after reading few comments of VISA rejection by Qatar immigration authorities, I am stuck now.

It would be very difficult for me to change the ticket once journey has started.

Lets see.
Flew TXL-DOH-HKT on 31 jul, applied 21 jul for visa, got the visa in my email the morning of the day of departure. It will come, if it is not there 1-2 days before the day you will need it (not neccessary the day of departure!) give QR a call.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by tobitronics
Flew TXL-DOH-HKT on 31 jul, applied 21 jul for visa, got the visa in my email the morning of the day of departure. It will come, if it is not there 1-2 days before the day you will need it (not neccessary the day of departure!) give QR a call.
Thanks
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by tobitronics
Just contacted Qatar Air Pakistan office. They are saying that nothing can be done from their end. The system is online based.

Will be flying to Baku on 10 Aug 2017. So far the status is "Application submitted".
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:24 am

I Got the visa cca 20 hrs before arrival in Doha on 3rd of August (applied on 17th July).
Old Sep 6, 2017, 9:17 pm

Traveling to Islamabad - Baku - Istanbul - Doha Islamabad

Lets see.
Applied on 28 Jul 2017. Got Visa through e-mail on 17 Aug 2017. Traveled to Doha on 26 Aug 2017.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Applied on 28 Jul 2017. Got Visa through e-mail on 17 Aug 2017. Traveled to Doha on 26 Aug 2017.
Countries with e-visa operations seems to process them at different speeds. My recent Indian visa came though in under 20 seconds. My Sri Lankan visa usually takes less than an hour. In case it matters, I travel on a U.S. passport.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.