Qatar now offers a free 96 hour visa!

Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:23 pm

italdesign according to https://www.moi.gov.qa/site/english/...ec748/748.html as a US citizen you can obtain a Visa on arrival for a fee.
It is too late for a free 96 hour transit visa.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Filling out the application

I am arriving in the afternoon and leave shortly after midnight. So, just a few hours. The application asks for the name of a hotel where I will be staying. Should I just make something up, or write that I will only be entering Qatar for a few daylight hours...
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:43 pm

Braniff I personally would leave it blank or just say 'none'. There are members of this forum who have a very similar situation to you so I hope they will share their experience with you.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but in order to qualify for the free transit visa, your ticket must be on 157 stock.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Originally Posted by Braniff
I am arriving in the afternoon and leave shortly after midnight. So, just a few hours. The application asks for the name of a hotel where I will be staying. Should I just make something up, or write that I will only be entering Qatar for a few daylight hours...
Last time I just filled in something like "not staying overnight"
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:16 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Thank you all very much. I submitted my application with "None." I got an email saying it was "submitted successfully." They say they will process this on 6 July following the holidays !!!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Does anyone know if the current situation is impacting the issuance of the transit visa? My guess is yes.

Submitted mine on 30 Jun and still in the submitted status.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:09 pm

angeloedades It has nothing to do with the current crisis. Please remember that Ramadan finished a short time ago and the extended Eid Al Fitr holiday is just finishing. Add to that the fact that it is now the school Summer holiday period and you will realise that there has not been much more than a token staff on duty.
It has only been 5 working days and with a reduced staffing so please have a little patience.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: FB Silver - STE, BAEC Bronze - OW Ruby
Originally Posted by angeloedades
Does anyone know if the current situation is impacting the issuance of the transit visa? My guess is yes.

Submitted mine on 30 Jun and still in the submitted status.
Same here with a submission on 21 jun, guess patience is the only way to go
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Originally Posted by remdk
angeloedades It has nothing to do with the current crisis. Please remember that Ramadan finished a short time ago and the extended Eid Al Fitr holiday is just finishing. Add to that the fact that it is now the school Summer holiday period and you will realise that there has not been much more than a token staff on duty.
It has only been 5 working days and with a reduced staffing so please have a little patience.
That is a lot of stuff going on!
Old Jul 10, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: BAEC
hello everybody,

I am still waiting on news on my visa. I submitted it on 19/06. I am travelling on 15/7.

the status has been changed on 4/07 into Application verified. Does this mean that it is ok?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: FB Silver - STE, BAEC Bronze - OW Ruby
Originally Posted by manes
hello everybody,

I am still waiting on news on my visa. I submitted it on 19/06. I am travelling on 15/7.

the status has been changed on 4/07 into Application verified. Does this mean that it is ok?
I guess that until you get your actual visa in the mail that it has not been processed completely yet.

Submitted mine on 21/06 for travel on 20/07, hope it gets there on time.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Count me as another patient one. I applied when I could weeks ago and then saw that they would not process those until 6 July but my stop is next week and I am getting anxious to see when this gets dealt with!
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Question: I used AA miles to fly BOS-DOH-CPT, with a 10hr layover in DOH. I am being told I am not eligible for a transit visa because my ticket was issued by AA and not QR. Thus, I have to pay the fee for a visa, and am not eligible for a transit visa. Is this true??

Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:08 am

BostonFlyer1624 that is correct! The free 96 hour tourist Visa is only available for those travelling on QR documents. That means ticket numbers starting with 157!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.