Cancelled flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:43 am
formerly known as lady1964
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Cancelled flight

Morning all,

I've received a notification on My Flights app this morning stating that 'the airline has cancelled one or more of your selected flights, please modify your reservation or contact your travel agent for further information'.

What's showing on the app is QR846 with 'confirmed' highlighted in red but crossed out.
Below that is the same routing (DOH-KUL) but flight number QR848 all highlighted in green with flight status stating 'Time changed - confirmed'. All details remain the same; times, seat assignments, class of fare etc, the only difference is the flight status comment.

Our total routing is HEL-DOH-KUL return on 12/02/17, the HEL-DOH leg is fine as are the return flights in 24/2.

I'm looking for some advice on this as this is just the second time I've used QR. I've checked my booking on the QR app and that's showing the DOH-KUL flight as 'unconfirmed'.

Help please!!! Many thanks
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:01 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
From the sounds of it, it is a flight number change.

It will likely remain Unconfirmed until you Confirm the Changes.

This can be done by phone (QR will eventually call you, but I'd recommend being proactive and calling them). It can also be done Online in some instances.

Give your local QR Customer Support number a ring.

Safe travels,

M
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:36 am

LadyB this is just a change of flight number so there is no cause for alarm. Your 'new' flight will be shown as unconfirmed until you accept the change under Manage booking on the website. There is also a change of aircraft from a Boeing B777-300ER to an Airbus A340-600!
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:27 am
formerly known as lady1964
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Thanks guys, I really must learn not to panic! I've spoken to QR and it is indeed just a flight number change, new e-ticket has already been issued in the 15 minutes since I spoke to them.

Remdk, the aircraft was an Airbus 340-600 already on the original flight number. Is this a better aircraft than the B777?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
A340 is better than 777W in Y (2-4-2 seating in a plane designed for 2-4-2 seating instead of 3-4-3 seating in a plane designed for 3-3-3 seating) but IFE is older in A340 and 777W is better in J (2-2-2 seating in both cases but 777W is wider).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.