Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Booking upgrades with husband/wife's account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH, US, UA

I guess nothing prevents this but what is the process?

Only the account should call in with the PNRs to upgrade?

Can this be done fully online from the account owner's PC page?

Many thanks
Old Aug 25, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I think that as long as the account holder is not the one travelling, a form has to be filled out and emailed to the relevant QR office. Once you have emailed, I advise you to call them in order to confirm the upgrade.

The form can be found here, click on award form in the language of your choice:
http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...b%20Forms.page

Don't forget to also scan the passport/ID of all parties involved, the person travelling and also the account holder. Do also note that if you make the call, the agent might want to speak to the account holder in order to confirm the upgrade.

I went through the entire thing a month or so ago, upgraded my flights using my parents Qcredits and it was quite a long process, I spent hours on the phone because a lot of agents did not understand what I wanted to get done. I called the Doha office in the end and they were a lot more efficient. Also, the web page says email to the generic privilege club but the two different call centres I contacted regarding this (UK and Doha) each asked me to email it to their own email.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH, US, UA
Many thanks ms101.

The form says "Upgrades are permitted only on one sector from point of departure", but the CALCULATOR allows 2 or more segments to be upgraded for a qmile sum.

So what does it mean? you can only upgrade the first sector after departure?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Forget about these forms and just use the Upgrade feature in the Book award / Redeem with Qmiles part of the PC member account dashboard who wish to use his Qmiles or Qcredit to upgrade the ticket.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4
Forget about these forms and just use the Upgrade feature in the Book award / Redeem with Qmiles part of the PC member account dashboard who wish to use his Qmiles or Qcredit to upgrade the ticket.
Did that work for you? I tried that at first and it couldn't go through no matter how many times I tried, so I gave up and just used the forms.

havane2009 you can upgrade any sectors you want, as long as they are available to upgrade. I upgraded 4 sectors but with married segments rather than individual sectors to get the "discount". However, upgrades at the airport can only be processed one sector at a time.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:24 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by ms101
Did that work for you? I tried that at first and it couldn't go through no matter how many times I tried, so I gave up and just used the forms.
Yes it works for me...
Try with another web browser or with another QR website country...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.