Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More schedule changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Schwann
Good luck with that! But seriously, let us know how you get on.
I've spoken with Qatar. If LHR had been within 500 miles of OSL the agent would have been permitted to make the change of departure airport from OSL to LHR, but the distance is around 750 miles so the agent couldn't make the change. We've rebooked on to the next flight to SIN from DOH which means a 7 hour layover in HIA - it could have been worse!

For the future, it's worth considering departing from an airport within 500 miles of LHR (AMS and CDG spring to mind) to give you the possibility of changing to LHR in the event of a significant schedule change.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:11 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by gorps1
I've spoken with Qatar. If LHR had been within 500 miles of OSL the agent would have been permitted to make the change of departure airport from OSL to LHR, but the distance is around 750 miles so the agent couldn't make the change. We've rebooked on to the next flight to SIN from DOH which means a 7 hour layover in HIA - it could have been worse!

For the future, it's worth considering departing from an airport within 500 miles of LHR (AMS and CDG spring to mind) to give you the possibility of changing to LHR in the event of a significant schedule change.
Coincidentally, you'll find fares from CDG aren't particularly cheap - and AMS fares have rocketed over the past quarter.

QR are smarter, at times, than one may give them credit for.

M
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
I've had three notifications in as many days of departure and arrival time changes to the same set of flights (March 2017 departure). Sometimes it's been tweaked by as little as five minutes.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:22 am

My flight booked with Expedia(osl-sin very cheap when booked in Jamuary)has changed by 1hr 40 mins later ,I cannot now make it home on that day I thought I would,do you think if I rang qatar they would alter the final leg to man,edi,bhx or lhr or am I wasting my time ringing?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:16 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by poppyz
My flight booked with Expedia(osl-sin very cheap when booked in Jamuary)has changed by 1hr 40 mins later ,I cannot now make it home on that day I thought I would,do you think if I rang qatar they would alter the final leg to man,edi,bhx or lhr or am I wasting my time ringing?
Assuming your ticket 'home' is a separate ticket, you wont find QR particularly helpful.

It is a risk one takes when it comes to Ex-EU flights. Have a read of this recent thread, from Post #35 onward - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...g-cabin-3.html

QR are unlikely to re-route you because your journey with them is not affected.

Of course no harm in calling up, but limit your expectations.

Safe travels,

M
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:20 am

Can anyone beat 12 myflights alerts for a simple four sector trip?! They always come through in the early hours as well. Ding! wide awake.

A series of 5 to 60 minute schedule changes, an eventual re-ticket by the OTA, and finally a recognition of R as Business. I've lost an hour HKT, gained an hour and 20 in Doha, but now have lost 10 minutes to leave a 50 minute connection outbound.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Originally Posted by obduro
I've had three notifications in as many days of departure and arrival time changes to the same set of flights (March 2017 departure). Sometimes it's been tweaked by as little as five minutes.
Me too, except one flight is 30 minutes longer!

Now separately, that flight (DOH-CPT and CPT-DOH) is operated by a 777-300ER instead of a 787-8. Nothing from QR but thanks to myflights.

I'm not impressed as I was looking forward to the 787 experience. Checking on the QR website, I see that seat request numbers have been retained. I'm asked to accept the changes BUT nowhere do I see how to change seat requests if necessary.

Oh dear. More legwork required.
MyFlights App likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 4:50 am

Roger on the manage booking screen to the far right there is a 'Modify seat selection' button under 'Manage Flight'. Use this to change your seats.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Coincidentally, you'll find fares from CDG aren't particularly cheap - and AMS fares have rocketed over the past quarter.

QR are smarter, at times, than one may give them credit for.

M
Indeed fares exCDG are expensive. In business class BA is considerably cheaper most of the time (including now).
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Originally Posted by remdk
Roger on the manage booking screen to the far right there is a 'Modify seat selection' button under 'Manage Flight'. Use this to change your seats.
Thanks.

There's a story in today's Daily Telegraph that ANA are cancelling many 787 flights. Apparently too much 'short' haul work. (I read it online and am trying to find the link.)

I've no idea whether QR are affected by the same situation.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The ANA cancellations are due to unexpected corrosion on compressor blades in the Rolls Royce engines used by ANA on all of their 787s.

It is my understanding that Qatar has selected the other engine type available for the 787 - from General Electric - for its entire fleet of 30 787s - but these engines have had their own issues, too.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
Evening All,

A friend booked a ex-eu to Mel and has noticed when checking MMB of a schedule change. The return part; MEL-ADL-DOH-MXP now has a connection time of 35min in Adelaide. Checking expert flyer a D to I connection is 1hr30?

Could anyone advise if QR would allow the MEL-ADL bit to be moved to a day or two earlier? Or would that insist an earlier same day flight only?

Thanks,
Matt
Old Sep 4, 2016, 5:04 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by MHendo84
Evening All,

A friend booked a ex-eu to Mel and has noticed when checking MMB of a schedule change. The return part; MEL-ADL-DOH-MXP now has a connection time of 35min in Adelaide. Checking expert flyer a D to I connection is 1hr30?

Could anyone advise if QR would allow the MEL-ADL bit to be moved to a day or two earlier? Or would that insist an earlier same day flight only?

Thanks,
Matt
While ADL is a single terminal airport (QF on the right side, VA on the left side, Int in the middle) 35 minutes is definitely not doable as you will have to go through security and Immigration.

Officially connection within 24 hours is not a stopover, so you might be lucky with being re-booked to day earlier.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
QR changed our connection time from 90 to 50 minutes at DOH and we are all in Y.

The itinerary is CPH-DOH-BKK. I'm not terribly thrill about it as it's our first time at DOH and we got seats at the back cabin of the 787.

Our OTA will not do anything unless the connection is fallen below the MCT.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 7:52 am

nacho 50 minutes should be plenty of time so do not worry. I suggest that you prepare for the transfer to avoid feeling rushed. If you arrive at a remote stand then you are lucky in two ways.
1. Y passengers usually disembark via the rear exit and
2. The buses deposit you at the foot of the escalator to the security area saving valuable walking time.

Prepare for the transit by obtaining a map of the airport https://www.oneworld.com/airports-de...aps/doha-qatar is probably the most accurate available on the web and just prior to landing the IFE usually shows a list of connecting flight gates. Locate the gate on the map and you have avoided a wild chase finding it! The exits from the transit security are just beside, but separate from, customs/immigration on the map. There are no immigration checks for transit passengers.

Don't expect to go shopping, don't dawdle and above all don't feel rushed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.