Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2016, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: remdk
I have STPC. What Do I Do?

At Hamad International Airport:
Follow the signs for Transfer until just before the security area. The transfer desks are situated here. DO NOT enter the security area.

Please proceed to the Transfer Desk, and present yourself at the “Transit Accommodation” counter. Our staff will assist you with completing the necessary documentation and provide you a Hotel voucher.

If you are booked in a city hotel, after getting the voucher, follow signs to "Arrivals", which is downstairs. Economy and Business/First class travellers are separated to different immigrations, follow signs to the appropriate one.
Show the vouchers at immigrations.
After clearing immigrations, you enter baggage claim hall. Since bags are checked to final destination you just pass through this area following signs to exit.
If you do not see a hotel representative after exiting, you can proceed to the arrivals lounge (to the left) where you will be assisted with the hotel transfer.

The below guidelines will be applicable when you are accommodated at the Airport Hotel:

1) Once you collect the hotel voucher from the Transfer desk, our staff will guide you towards the Airport Hotel which is located in the Transit Premises of Hamad International Airport.

2) Your baggage will be checked through to your final destination. Therefore, we recommend that anything you may need during your transit stay in Doha, such as medication etc. should be placed in your carry-on luggage.

3) During the layover in Doha, you will be provided with the following:
__a) Hotel accommodation.
__b) Meal Allowance:
___i. If your transit stay (from the scheduled time of the arrival flight to the scheduled time of the departure flight) is greater than 11 hours at Doha, a monetary value will be printed on your Hotel Voucher.
___ii. You can accordingly present the voucher at the hotel and claim any meal (s) to the effect of the given
___iii. Any meal ordered/consumed in excess of the given value will require to be paid directly by the guest.
___iv. The Meal Allowance is non-refundable (if it has not been utilized for claiming meals).

4) In order to reach the boarding gate on time for your departure flight ex Doha, we recommend you to check-out from the hotel latest by 1 hour prior to the departure time of your flight.

5) This Hotel Confirmation is applicable for the above mentioned Passenger / Travel Details. The confirmation will become invalid if there are any changes in the Passenger Name / Flight Number / Flight Date / Flight Time /Class of Travel or the Passenger Name Record (PNR), after this Confirmation Receipt has been generated.

6) The Hotel Accommodation is provided only when the connection time is between 8 and 24 hours at Doha. If there is a change in the Flight Schedule (either triggered by the airline or by the guest) and the new
connection time in Doha becomes less than 8 hours or more than 24 hours then the existing Hotel Confirmation will become invalid.

The below guidelines will be applicable when you are accommodated at a City Hotel:

1) Once you collect the hotel voucher from the Transfer desk, our staff will guide you towards the Premium Arrival Arrival Lounge where you can complete the Immigration formalities and accordingly proceed towards the Arrival Exit for the Airport to hotel transfer. The hotel's representative will be waiting for you near the Arrival Exit or at the dedicated counter of the concerned hotel.

2) Your baggage will be checked through to your final destination. Therefore, we recommend that anything you may need during your transit stay in Doha, such as medication etc. should be placed in your carry-on luggage.

3) During the layover in Doha, you will be provided with the following:
__a) Transit visa: Issued upon your arrival at Doha. This will be subject to approval from Doha Immigration.
__b) Hotel accommodation,
__c) Complimentary Airport transfers,
__d) Meal Allowance:
___i. If your transit stay (from the scheduled time of the arrival flight to the scheduled time of the departure flight) is greater than 11 hours at Doha, a monetary value will be printed on your Hotel Voucher.
___ii. You can accordingly present the voucher at the hotel and claim any meal (s) to the effect of the given
___iii. Any meal ordered/consumed in excess of the given value will require to be paid directly by the guest.
___iv. The Meal Allowance is non-refundable (if it has not been utilized for claiming meals).

4) Transfer From Hotel back to the Airport:
__a) The Hotel will transfer you back to the airport, where you can proceed directly to the departure gate for boarding.
__b) In view of the Airport Security and Immigration procedures, we recommend you to check-out from the hotel, 3 hours before your flight if your travel is to USA and 2 hours before your flight if your travel is to any destination other than USA.

5) This Hotel Confirmation is applicable for the above mentioned Passenger / Travel Details. The confirmation will become invalid if there are any changes in the Passenger Name / Flight Number / Flight Date / Flight Time /class of travel or the Passenger Name Record (PNR), after this Confirmation Receipt has been generated.

6) The Hotel Accommodation is provided only when the connection time is between 8 and 24 hours at Doha. If there is a change in the Flight Schedule (either triggered by the airline or by the guest) and the new connection time in Doha becomes less than 8 hours or more than 24 hours then the existing Hotel Confirmation will become invalid.

These guidelines are for Business Class and are QRs own but edited for clarity. The difference between J and Y guidelines is possibly that Y passengers do not use the Arrivals Lounge.

For F and J passengers QR usually use their own Oryx Rotana hotel. According to Google maps the Oryx Rotana is about 8-9 km from HIA but it is extremely close to the old airport. It is also about 2-3 km from Souq Waqif and Islamic Art Museum and the Southern end of the Corniche.

A very instructional description of the STPC process by Johnnieboy is . Another almost opposite experience by nldogbert is.
Print Wikipost

I have STPC. What Do I Do?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Originally Posted by remdk
ORDPLATAA there is a shorter connection to your flight from DOH so you do not qualify for STPC.
QR dropped 'the same day' last summer!
Phoned today and was told no dice on the STPC because I could take the 2:55am flight on my scheduled day of departure (instead of the 10:45am out of Singapore) and that would make the LAX connection. Based on this reading - I can't imagine that there are actually very many possible STPC valid routings (since there always seems to be some middle of the night flight that winds up being a shorter connection). Disappointing - but no biggie.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Phoned today and was told no dice on the STPC because I could take the 2:55am flight on my scheduled day of departure (instead of the 10:45am out of Singapore) and that would make the LAX connection. Based on this reading - I can't imagine that there are actually very many possible STPC valid routings (since there always seems to be some middle of the night flight that winds up being a shorter connection). Disappointing - but no biggie.
I found this too - no dice for me because there was a shorter connection available for my routing of LHR-DOH-CMB.

I leave LHR at 14:15, arrive DOH at 00:05 and depart to CMB at 10:30, arriving 17:40.

I could've taken the 8:30pm flight from LHR but I chose the earlier so that I can get some sleep in Doha as I can rarely sleep on planes. I also didn't want to take earlier flights and arrive in CMB in the middle of the night.

A table of valid routes would save time (but perhaps allow easy 'abuse') - it would be nice to have had the stopover package but on the plus side I'm staying in the airport hotel so the whole process should be straightforward and save some time compared to going into the city, re-clearing security, etc.

It'll be my first time flying with Qatar and so far things are looking good....the website/app work well and I was only on hold for ~15min on the phone.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:30 am

i think ive been getting screwed by paying $27 every stop over.

from what it looks like, the transit visa should be free???

fwiw i fly in and out of doha 4 times a month and have already given the state
of qatar 300$...
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:03 am

Short layover

I recently had the minimum 8 hour stopover. Arrived from HKT travelled in J.
Made the mistake buying a bottle of quality rum in HKT which of course I wasn't allowed to take in. A trip to customs office to obtain receipt and told to pick up next morning. Then downstairs to catch a mini bus with about a dozen other pax for the trip to city hotel. Check in busy but got to the room for a four hour sleep, then up to catch bus back. Smooth entry back into departures then pick up my bottle from customs which they found after a half hour search. To be honest would have preferred to stay in airport hotel or just napped in the lounge for all the hassle it was.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, LH FTL, QR Silver, Hilton Diamond
What do you guys know about swimming pool opening hours at Oryx Rotana hotel? German site tells 6am-8pm, whereas english and arabic 6am-11pm.
Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Lucentis
What do you guys know about swimming pool opening hours at Oryx Rotana hotel? German site tells 6am-8pm, whereas english and arabic 6am-11pm.
Thanks!
would be interested to know this, as arrive into DOH around 17:00. Have 9:45 connection, so looking to relax at the hotel for 5-6hours.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:20 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Originally Posted by Lucentis
Thanks!
Originally Posted by MHendo84
would be interested to know this, as arrive into DOH around 17:00. Have 9:45 connection, so looking to relax at the hotel for 5-6hours.

Stayed Oryx Rotana last year 1st of October as part of STPC, arrived at hotel around 1115 pm, pool was just closed.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
Originally Posted by dutch_122
Stayed Oryx Rotana last year 1st of October as part of STPC, arrived at hotel around 1115 pm, pool was just closed.
Thanks dutch_122
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:35 am

By the way, if you don't have stpc, don't want to pay for a hotel, and have a daytime layover, you can take the free transfer bus to the rotana and pay just to use the pool and spa area. I think it's around 125 ryals. Beats sitting around at the airport.

*lots of other hotels and beach resorts offer the same, visas permitting of course
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:42 am

Thanks a lot! ^
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:00 pm

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Thank you, was not aware of this, brilliant.

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
By the way, if you don't have stpc, don't want to pay for a hotel, and have a daytime layover, you can take the free transfer bus to the rotana and pay just to use the pool and spa area. I think it's around 125 ryals. Beats sitting around at the airport.

*lots of other hotels and beach resorts offer the same, visas permitting of course
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy

Exactly. Or you can use indoor pool, spa and gym airside of Hamad airport for 150 QAR
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Alighting from a BRU-DOH flight I was very confused last week trying to find my way out of the airport to the transfers desk since we were directed directly into the secure part of the airport, not upstairs to the transfer/arrivals corridor (which was roped off).

Some staff did not know what the "transfers desk" was (probably it has a different official name) and other staff told me to "go through security", but already being in the secure part of the airport, I did not comprehend that they meant "backwards through security against the flow of passengers".

When I went to the security floor, there were only two staff there, one snoozing on the xray machine and one putting away trays, and I confess it did not occur to me that I should ask them.

Eventually we did figure out how to get out of the airport. Literally walk the wrong way through a metal detector. It may be worth amending the wiki to make this a bit more clear.

Or perhaps I was just having a special day.

Last edited by Calchas; Jun 12, 2017 at 8:07 am
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Calchas this is described in the Wiki of disembarking at DOH.
This is a part of the About DOH airport widget on the QR dashboard.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: AY+Plat
I have read somewhere that some flights maybe exempted transit security screening at DOH and are sent directly into the departure areas. If this happens, what would be the way to go to transfer desk ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.