Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OW Status recognition by Qatar Airways

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Does that include Row 5 (bulkhead) in the Mini J cabin on the 777s?
Old Jun 24, 2016, 1:13 pm

YouGeeElWhy I think you should assume that Row 5 are bassinet seats since the bulkhead is solid enough to carry them. But the first row of the Y cabin does not appear solid enough so no blocking.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA G; AY Basic; HHonors G; Marriott S
Thank you remdk & msm2000uk for quick responses. QR is not (yet) well known to me. Looking fwd to though.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:25 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The sole exception, as remdk has pointed out, is the upper Y cabin on the A380 which is solely for OWE/S and QRPC Platinum/Gold.
That is not my experience.
I flew 2xY on A380 upperdeck as plat and there were many non-status pax, only a handful status pax really.
This happened during OLCI or airport check in.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:54 pm

tartempion as I say in post 28 "As far as is possible the entire upper deck Y cabin on the A380 is reserved for status passengers.
This means that if the lower deck Y cabins are full then the excess passengers (non status) will be allowed to use the upper deck Y cabin.
Note that due to status blocking the lower deck may be full but still have empty seats.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Silver, Club Carlson - Gold, Marriott - Platinum, Accor Platinum
Wow. Thanks for all the comments I expect ed about 3 not 30!
Thanks for all comments.^

Yes as remdk points out. These issues basically to do with staff in Doha. With the exception of LHR I’ve never had any problem except in Doha. It seems to me it’s just their lack of awareness / training regarding Oneworld. The computer recognises my status but not always the staff!

Punctuality aside I have no problem with QR. I enjoy taking advantage of their route network when I have time off. I do book cheapest flights possible (as someone questioned) but regards to status recognition I don’t believe that should matter?

It was pointed out that I could be QR Gold by now if I joined privilege club. I’m certain I would be….. but (unless I fundamentally misunderstand the OneWorld status) I shouldn’t need to! I should get the same privileges being a BA Silver? That’s kind of the whole point
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:15 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Flying Squirrel
It was pointed out that I could be QR Gold by now if I joined privilege club. I’m certain I would be….. but (unless I fundamentally misunderstand the OneWorld status) I shouldn’t need to! I should get the same privileges being a BA Silver? That’s kind of the whole point
Being QR Gold instead of BA Silver would give you 40 Qcredits you can use to upgrade flights and 75% flown miles bonus when flying QR and crediting to QR, that means if you fly always the cheapest fares (O, T and W booking classes) you would earn 100% flown miles instead of 25%.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 3:24 am

Programs: EBG, OWS, HHG, IHGAmb
Originally Posted by Matt4
Being QR Gold instead of BA Silver would give you 40 Qcredits you can use to upgrade flights and 75% flown miles bonus when flying QR and crediting to QR, that means if you fly always the cheapest fares (O, T and W booking classes) you would earn 100% flown miles instead of 25%.
Is that really correct? Other programs with elite bonuses normally gives you the bonus calculated on the lower earnings.

A booking Class that normally gives you 25% of the miles flown would then give 25+(0,75*25)=43,75% of miles flown, while a booking class with 100% accrual would give 175%.

If QR offers 75% of miles flown as a bonus, that is really great. I would switch instantly if i had more flights on QR.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 3:39 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Totopez
Is that really correct? Other programs with elite bonuses normally gives you the bonus calculated on the lower earnings.

A booking Class that normally gives you 25% of the miles flown would then give 25+(0,75*25)=43,75% of miles flown, while a booking class with 100% accrual would give 175%.

If QR offers 75% of miles flown as a bonus, that is really great. I would switch instantly if i had more flights on QR.
While QRPC may be good for accruing Qpoints and Qmiles, it isn't that wonderful when it comes to using the Qmiles up.

Availability can be scarce, and unless you're based in the Middle East or closeby, there may be better OneWorld programs to be part of - hence the numerous BAEC members who travel on QR (myself included).

M
Old Jun 27, 2016, 4:33 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
While QRPC may be good for accruing Qpoints and Qmiles, it isn't that wonderful when it comes to using the Qmiles up.

Availability can be scarce, and unless you're based in the Middle East or closeby, there may be better OneWorld programs to be part of - hence the numerous BAEC members who travel on QR (myself included).

M
This is true. And awards are expensive when using qmiles - so you earn more but you also spend more. I think a short haul return Y flight using 9,000 Avios on BA would be more like 20,000 qmiles (if I recall correctly from when I last checked anyway).

However, I like QR and feel I get good value from it. This is because I mainly use my qmiles to upgrade rather than for full award flights. So because I fly QR, their FF programme is the obvious choice for me!
Old Jun 27, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Interesting post, -- thank you. A couple of questions, if you don't mind.

Is there an accessible list online of these OneWorld operating requirements for member carriers?

How does this work?

Well, checkin agent would know as soon as s/he pulled up your PNR, no? Agent could then politely direct you to the appropriate desk.
To reply to your queries:
No, this is not something that is available online, it's an old doc I have from my former position (2013), but which according to my sources has not changed since
Baggage priority should work like this, if you have status, the airline can set up the system so that Y bags for medium and top tier FQTV go into the J containers or F containers, etc

regarding the last question, I was more talking about agents at the start of the queue policing it, before you go to the CKI agent.
However yes if you have your FQTV number in your booking it it transmitted to the check in system
Old Jun 27, 2016, 5:08 am

Programs: QR Platinum
As has been pointed out on another thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...s-booking.html), cabin crew are not informed of the OW status and QRPC status of passengers travelling on award tickets (unless the passengers make a point of requesting at check-in that the information be made "visible" to cabin crew). This does have consequences -- it's not just a matter of no "welcome back" greeting.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Totopez

I confirm you that Qmiles tier bonus is based on flown miles (25% for Silver, 75% for Gold and 100% for Platinum) as I experienced it myself.

When you are Gold and fly the cheapest economy fares you get 25% flown miles + 75% flown miles Gold bonus which means a Gold member get 4x more Qmiles than an ordinary pax.

That must not be mistaken with promotion bonus : +50%, 2x, 3x or 4x miles bonus are calculated on "base miles" according to your ticket fare and promotion bonus does not apply to tier bonus miles. For example, with a 2x promotion, a Gold status member flying the cheapest economy tickets will earn : 25% flown miles x2 (promotion bonus) + 75% Gold status bonus = 125% flown miles instead of 100% flown miles without any promotion.

As purple1addict wrote, Qmiles are good if used for upgrades : even if upgrade availabilty is low when requested in advance, you can get an airport upgrade (ask the check-in agent) using your Qmiles, provided the plane is not full in J. The only problem is that with the new QRPC rules in effect on 1st July 2016, the cheapest economy fares (O, T and W booking classes) won't be upgradable. I hope this restriction will only apply to upgrades requested prior to the flight and not to airport upgrades.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by Gottettaz
As has been pointed out on another thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...s-booking.html), cabin crew are not informed of the OW status and QRPC status of passengers travelling on award tickets (unless the passengers make a point of requesting at check-in that the information be made "visible" to cabin crew). This does have consequences -- it's not just a matter of no "welcome back" greeting.
This was not the case on my last award flight on QR. The printout stuck on the galley wall indicated QR PC Gold as usual. I made no specific request re. status being visible to cabin crew.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:08 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer

Mrs PtF and I (both BAEC Gold) were flying QR F recently and the CSD approached us and asked whether we would both like to join QR's frequent flyer scheme. When I informed her of our existing OW status she seemed genuinely surprised.
Exact same thing last month- before this acknowledged every time. Another trip coming soon will update if changes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.