Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which BOS Lounge (OWE)?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:56 am

I have been turned away from the old BA BOS lounge twice, when flying on other Oneworld carriers ex-BOS. Once on IB, once on QR. I knew the rules and showed lounge staff the appropriate documents. They were unmoved. Really annoying.

Last edited by bedelman; Apr 11, 2017 at 8:05 am Reason: correct a confusing typo
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Hmmm.....my gut tells me they will be guarding this new lounge like real Dragons!!
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bedelman
I have been turned away from the old BA BOS lounge twice, when flying on other Oneworld carriers ex-BOS. Once on IB, once on BA. I knew the rules and showed lounge staff the appropriate documents. They were unmoved. Really annoying.
Hmmm.. Turned down from a BA lounge flying BA?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:05 am

Thanks for flagging my typo, teemuflyer. "once on BA" should have been "once on QR". Have never been turned away when flying on BA.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:48 pm

Leave tomorrow....this is concerning...darn Dragons
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:01 pm

I am assuming if your are flying cx f or j there is no issue.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:09 pm

BOS-DOH in Business....unlikely they will let us in from many of the reports....
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:21 pm

jmj9905 The BA lounge is the designated lounge for BA, CX, IB and JL. It is also, according to the OW rules and the OW website, available for 'qualified' passengers on other OW airlines. It is the last part that is giving the problem not the first. So yes CX passengers have full access.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Data point: parents flew out of BOS on Monday 4/17. As a Sapphire and a Ruby, both in J, they reported being let in to the new BA lounge without having to negotiate or argue with the lounge dragons. They simply presented their QR BPs and were welcomed in.

The only "hiccup" was that they were asked to leave the lounge at 21:10, around T-40, for lounge closing and cleaning, shortly after the last BA flight of the night had boarded (this was BA202 I believe; the later BA214 was not running that day). According to a sign posted outside, CX pax would only have access beginning at 21:30. I wonder what they accomplish in those ~20 minutes of cleaning?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by dkc192
Data point: parents flew out of BOS on Monday 4/17. As a Sapphire and a Ruby, both in J, they reported being let in to the new BA lounge without having to negotiate or argue with the lounge dragons. They simply presented their QR BPs and were welcomed in.

Interesting -- wonder if it was the QR J or the OW Sapphire that made it go so smoothly....
Old May 18, 2017, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Since QR offers OWEs access to the Air France Lounge, I was wondering if that was the preferred option vs. the BA First Lounge which also allows OWEs access?
Got denied access to BA lounge in BOS as a QR J passenger. Was told I have to be Emerald or Sapphire member. Any remedy?
Old May 18, 2017, 7:54 pm

You were told wrongly. Policy is clear, and even on a Boston-specific page. https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/BOS/-1 : " oneworld lounge access for First Class or Business Class customers - Indulge yourself before departure in a wider range of airport lounges when you fly First Class or Business Class with any oneworld member airline. ... Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status."

Amazing and disappointing that BA persists in this nonsense.
Old May 19, 2017, 2:06 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher

Amazing and disappointing that BA persists in this nonsense.
As do QR in a number of places, so I wouldn't say it's one-sided by any stretch.

M
Old May 20, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
As do QR in a number of places, so I wouldn't say it's one-sided by any stretch.

M
Right, but at least QR and OW publish these exceptions to the OW standard access policies. BA has not, in this case.
Old May 20, 2017, 10:07 pm

I have been turned away from the old BA BOS lounge twice, when flying on other Oneworld carriers ex-BOS. Once on IB, once on QR. I knew the rules and showed lounge staff the appropriate documents. They were unmoved. Really annoying.
I wish there's a way one can speak to her boss to correct her. She was being combative and clearly didn't know the OW rule at all. I also felt QR is being cheap for contracting with AF lounge which felt like a zoo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.