Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to cancel?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2016, 2:46 am
Original Poster

How to cancel?

I accidentally confirmed a booking on Qatar Airways. I do not want to actually go on it and I don't want to pay a fee for cancel. I selected the pay later option (So I havent payed) and it says the booking is confirmed and will be automatically cancelled by May 30. I'm worried I will be charged a fine and I don't know what to do. I tried to cancel but I am required to enter an E-Ticket number but I don't have the E-Ticket number (I assume it's issued after you pay). Pls help, I don't know what to do.
Old May 28, 2016, 4:50 am

By pay later I think you mean put the booking on hold? Did you enter any card details as if not no need to worry as on 30th the booking will cancel itself
Old May 28, 2016, 4:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
There is nothing to do. The booking will auto-cancel.
Old May 28, 2016, 7:41 am
Original Poster

So I won't pay a fine or anything like that?
Old May 28, 2016, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RascoFlyer
By pay later I think you mean put the booking on hold? Did you enter any card details as if not no need to worry as on 30th the booking will cancel itself
Yeah on hold and I didnt put any credit card details
Old May 28, 2016, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Don't worry, you won't need to pay for anything.
Old May 28, 2016, 9:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
No, it will just cancel. How would they fine you if they don't have your credit card details anyway?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bump.

There doesn't seem to be a way to manually cancel a reservation that's been held online.
I want to make some changes to my existing held reservation, although some flight segments are identical. I suppose I can just make a new reservation, but I'd be worried that QR might,at some point before the first one auto-cancels, flag the duplicate reservations and cancel both.

Any recommendations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.