Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 F with infant in lap

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 7:03 am
Original Poster

A380 F with infant in lap

I am contemplating booking a trip on the A380 to the M.E. but dreading the lack of bassinets in F.

Any insights/experience with a similar situation would be greatly appreciated.

I cannot see ANY value in spending an extra $11k plus the cost of a certified car seat for a dedicated seat in F in addition to the hassle of lugging it around, and placing the baby in it for that many hours,

Thanks!
Old May 25, 2016, 7:15 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by edy4eva
I am contemplating booking a trip on the A380 to the M.E. but dreading the lack of bassinets in F.

Any insights/experience with a similar situation would be greatly appreciated.

I cannot see ANY value in spending an extra $11k plus the cost of a certified car seat for a dedicated seat in F in addition to the hassle of lugging it around, and placing the baby in it for that many hours,

Thanks!
Hi Edy4eva,

While there is no bassinet position in F, the ottoman is quite wide, and should accomodate a baby-carrier without the need for a separate seat.

It's worth checking the age restrictions for separate tickets on QR (with BA it is under 2, but I'm not sure about QR).

In terms of baby-changing facilities, the F bathrooms are enormous so you'll have no issues with that respect.

Sorry I can't help further,

M
Old May 25, 2016, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response.

How wide is the ottoman exactly? And when you say baby carrier, do you mean a bassinet?
Old May 25, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Thanks for the quick response.

How wide is the ottoman exactly? And when you say baby carrier, do you mean a bassinet?
Width of the ottoman...good question. I've never measured it, but it's wide enough for a person to sit very comfortably (see photo here - http://www.businessclass.co.uk/wp-co......-dinner.jpg). My carry-on fits flat on the ottoman, so it's somewhere around 14 inches.

With regards to a baby-carrier, yes. One presumes you will have to use something to keep the little one safe on-board, but if he/she doesnt fidget, then he/she should be fine on the ottoman. Furthermore, you could ask the crew for an extra couple of blankets, folded, to provide some soft cushioning in case he/she falls off the ottoman.

M

Last edited by msm2000uk; May 25, 2016 at 7:35 am
Old May 25, 2016, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Thank you for that. I've pulled the trigger on the tickets just now. Will report on what happens in few months time
Old May 25, 2016, 9:08 am

Thank you for that. I've pulled the trigger on the tickets just now. Will report on what happens in few months time
No probs - We're all here to help

Any other queries, let us know.

M
Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: Qatar Platinum
How did your flight go with your infant in F?
Im contemplating the same, though I just finished a call with the QR Priority Line in Spain and they tell me infants are not allowed in F. Called Doha they told me exactly the opposite!
Old Jan 19, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: Not stuck with an Alliance anymore, Star gold, OW Saph
Infant under two are not allowed in F as I know
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Abyssin
Infant under two are not allowed in F as I know
I can book a F class ticket with an infant on the QR website.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 11:30 pm

Programs: Miles and More, BAEC
According to their homepage infants are allowed in F but there are no bassinett seats:
http://www.qatarairways.com/de/en/young-travellers.page
On the bottom of the page it states:

*Bassinets are not available in the First Class cabin on the Airbus 380, and infants will need to be seated on an adult's lap.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:54 pm

Just called QR and they confirmed that infants under 2 are allowed on F with the relevant infant fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.