QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by sxc
Is there a map online anywhere of the lounge?
There's a Google Street View of the lounge - take a (virtual) walk in it... :P https://goo.gl/maps/HAXnA572ub92

Oh, also attached - a map inside of a map - same one impeymac linked to... (Use Google Street View to get a better, uh, view of it...)
Attached Images  
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Smile

Originally Posted by StanYau
There's a Google Street View of the lounge - take a (virtual) walk in it... :P https://goo.gl/maps/HAXnA572ub92

Oh, also attached - a map inside of a map - same one impeymac linked to... (Use Google Street View to get a better, uh, view of it...)
StanYau, this is really great!
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I had to camp here for +6h during the night last weekend. Not the greatest experience. When I arrived, I wanted to sleep for a while and was advised to go near the left luggage facility where there are sleeping pods/area. QR definitely needs to sound proof this area, it's terrible for resting/sleeping. There were screaming children below and kept going for over an hour and this wasn't working for me. There was a kind member of staff to whom I mentioned about the screaming kids and he found me another sleeping area in the business lounge area. There, I was able to get a few hours sleep. I also asked him when was the best time to use the showers, he said 5am and afterwards it really gets busy. I went at 5am and was told its a 30min wait and I should hang around. I thought about going for breakfast but decided to hold out and within 5min, I was told the shower was ready as the other passengers had wondered off.

Also, the breakfast area (upstairs) gets very busy by 6:00am. Passengers were struggling to find any tables. For breakfast, I found the Chilli Mushrooms, halloumi & Traditional Arabic Breakfast really amazing.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Fontana
I had to camp here for +6h during the night last weekend. Not the greatest experience. When I arrived, I wanted to sleep for a while and was advised to go near the left luggage facility where there are sleeping pods/area. QR definitely needs to sound proof this area, it's terrible for resting/sleeping. There were screaming children below and kept going for over an hour and this wasn't working for me. There was a kind member of staff to whom I mentioned about the screaming kids and he found me another sleeping area in the business lounge area. There, I was able to get a few hours sleep. I also asked him when was the best time to use the showers, he said 5am and afterwards it really gets busy. I went at 5am and was told its a 30min wait and I should hang around. I thought about going for breakfast but decided to hold out and within 5min, I was told the shower was ready as the other passengers had wondered off.

Also, the breakfast area (upstairs) gets very busy by 6:00am. Passengers were struggling to find any tables. For breakfast, I found the Chilli Mushrooms, halloumi & Traditional Arabic Breakfast really amazing.
I also couldn't sleep near the left luggage area, it was so noisy. It's a stupid place to put the sleep pods. It's also very bright especially at the end as there is a massive advertisement screen on the wall.

The sleep pods behind the business centre are better. The quiet area is probably the best though but you have to sleep on seating there.

They need more showers too - at peak time you have to wait too long
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Fontana
There were screaming children below and kept going for over an hour and this wasn't working for me.
Ha! Had the exact same problem. Kept thinking why in the heck these kids are not tired. Even with earplugs and eyeshades it was a challenge. Later discovered the rest area just beyond the business center which was much more quiet. The quiet area by the left luggage is really a poor place to be located.
Old May 1, 2017, 11:47 am

We're going to have a 12 hour layover at DOH, arriving on QR Business and then later flying on to India, also on QR Business. They are OneWorld award flights.

Are we allowed to visit Al-Mourjan more than once during that 12 hour layover, perhaps to have breakfast, and then leave and return later for lunch?
Old May 1, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by rje444
We're going to have a 12 hour layover at DOH, arriving on QR Business and then later flying on to India, also on QR Business. They are OneWorld award flights.

Are we allowed to visit Al-Mourjan more than once during that 12 hour layover, perhaps to have breakfast, and then leave and return later for lunch?
Yes you can. In fact, Qatar Airways would encourage you to leave the lounge and check out QDF (Qatar Duty Free) where you might make some purchases that would help its bottom line $$$.
Old May 3, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
I had a three-hour layover in Doha yesterday en route from IAH to SIN. Having read some of the comments in this thread, I had low expectations for the Al-Mourjan lounge. But I liked it.

My lounge experience did not begin well: after I emerged from the transit security line I followed the signs to the business class lounge, only to find that the signs had led me in a circle and I was back where I had started. So I asked an official-looking person (there were a lot of them around) who directed me to an escalator. The lounge itself is almost embarrassingly spacious, with its own reflecting pool, and reasonably elegant. I needed a shower after my 15-hour flight, and a shower room was ready for me within 2 or 3 minutes. The shower rooms are comfortable and functional, except that they have no hair driers. I assume I could have gotten one if I'd asked for it. After my shower I decided to try the dining room, even though I had eaten on the flight and would soon eat on another flight. There was a buffet-style food selection of reasonably interesting dishes, including a few vegetarian choices. I had small portions of saffron rice and a quasi-curry of root vegetables, along with cappuccino and San Pellegrino. The wine selection was also good, but it was pretty much the same as on my flights, so I did not try any.

The lounge was not at all crowded during my visit, which was from about 5:30 until 7:30 p.m.
Old May 3, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun
My lounge experience did not begin well: after I emerged from the transit security line I followed the signs to the business class lounge, only to find that the signs had led me in a circle and I was back where I had started. So I asked an official-looking person (there were a lot of them around) who directed me to an escalator.
​​​​​​If you get directed through transit security (not all flights do) then the trick to get to the lounge is to take the lifts directly opposite the transit security from the 2nd to 3rd floor. I agree that it's not signposted and not obvious unless you know.
Old May 4, 2017, 12:24 am

Just saw on another travel forum that a QR Plat travelling in Y was told to go to Al Mourjan.

Is this a new thing, or just due to some constraints in the First Class Lounge such as maintenance or overcapacity? Would be good if anyone travelling shortly could check.

I myself will be travelling ex-DOH in Y next Monday so I should definitely have an answer by then.
Old May 5, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
If not for this thread, I would have been unaware of the showers near the quiet rooms; they don't seem to be signposted well and no one proactively informs about them. On a 2hr connection (approx 1hr in the lounge) last week, the wait at the main showers was 9 deep; short walk to the quiet room showers and I was #2 in the queue.

This was at approx 6am local time.

Thanks folks!
Old May 5, 2017, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by vbh812
If not for this thread, I would have been unaware of the showers near the quiet rooms; they don't seem to be signposted well and no one proactively informs about them. On a 2hr connection (approx 1hr in the lounge) last week, the wait at the main showers was 9 deep; short walk to the quiet room showers and I was #2 in the queue.

This was at approx 6am local time.

Thanks folks!
vbh812 Quiet! That's a Qatari state secret!!
Old May 5, 2017, 8:10 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Here's a review of Al Mourjan I wrote from my overnight layover here as part of a TR. Thanks so much for all the advice on this thread regarding showers, F&B and all that! As a QR newbie it really helped me set my expectations for my layover here.
Old May 7, 2017, 3:15 pm

G-CIVC:

Thanks for the review of the lounge. I will be there for the first time in Sept. and I am trying to gather as much info as possible. This was a big help.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Al Mourjan lounge Lounge access policy

Hi, I'm flying QR J BOS-DOH-CMB, thus I can access Al Mourjan (the best J lounge in DOH, right?). My friend is on a different flight in Y, not sure which airline yet. Assuming he has no oneworld status, would I, as a QR J pax, be able to guest him into AM?

I couldn't find any lounge access policy on QR website.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.