Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:45 pm

ptalegui The two major waves of departures are approximately. 23.30-02.30 and 07.00-09.00.
This means that the lounge is relatively quiet at 03.00 until about 05.30. the lounge then starts to fill up rapidly after that.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: Qatar PC,Iberia
Perfect...thank you remdk
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Gold, SQ PPS Solitaire
Hey everyone,

I'm sure this has been discussed but I can't seem to find the answer after reading the threads.

I'm flying FRA-DOH on QR and DOH-CMB on Sri Lankan, all sectors in C. Would I still get access to the Al Mourjan lounge?

Thanks
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by bostan
Hey everyone,

I'm sure this has been discussed but I can't seem to find the answer after reading the threads.

I'm flying FRA-DOH on QR and DOH-CMB on Sri Lankan, all sectors in C. Would I still get access to the Al Mourjan lounge?

Thanks
Yes, no problem with that. QR has changed access rules as long as you are on a Oneworld carrier in C (which Sir Lankan is) you have access to it.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-ie/l...l-mourjan.html the rules are at the bottom of the page
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:12 pm

bostan since UL is a member of Oneworld then you will have access to Al Mourjan.
For the access rules you should look at the wiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...unges-hia.html.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:37 pm

Arriving on Qatar at 6 P.M. Onward Qatar international flight is following day at 8 AM. Is there a place I can rest overnight in the lounge? Is it open 24 hours?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:49 pm

I believe it is open 24/7.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by metoo
Arriving on Qatar at 6 P.M. Onward Qatar international flight is following day at 8 AM. Is there a place I can rest overnight in the lounge? Is it open 24 hours?
In what cabin are your inbound and outbound flights?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: QR Platinum OWE, LH SEN
Yes it is open 24/7 however the buffet disappears later on. There is a quiet area with reasonably comfortable chairs to have a rest.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:27 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
Originally Posted by Dschaimz
Yes it is open 24/7 however the buffet disappears later on. There is a quiet area with reasonably comfortable chairs to have a rest.
I have tried to sleep in the quiet area for a while during my last 6 hour layover - I couldn't. It's really more a chair to relax (and do some work) than a place were you can actually comfortably nap for a while.

In my opinion the best place to nap or sleep in the lounge is near the business center. The recliners there at least allow you to find a somewhat comfortable sleeping position. Not so recommended during the day as it is very bright in this room and might be a bit noisier, but I found it to be the best option for a layover from the first rush at around midnight to the morning rush.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I have an 8-hour layover (11:30pm-7am), flying J, do you recommend staying at this lounge vs. a hotel in the city, like the Doubletree?

What are the requirements to use the family rooms or the quite rooms? (traveling with my girlfriend). Are these rooms enclosed? Which one is better? How long can you keep those? Do they take a waitlist? Do they have enclosed showers? What is the chance of getting a quite room at that time, how many are they?

I assume you can't pick up your checked luggage between flights, correct?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
Originally Posted by nk15
I have an 8-hour layover (11:30pm-7am), flying J, do you recommend staying at this lounge vs. a hotel in the city, like the Doubletree?
Staying at a hotel in the city would give you probably at most 4-5hrs of sleep. I would stay at the airport and spend time in the lounge. Another option is the airport hotel. It's pricy but gives you more rest.

What are the requirements to use the family rooms or the quite rooms? (traveling with my girlfriend).
There are no requirements. It's first come first served. You will find the "quiet room" when you turn left at the entrance go all the way to the restaurant area at the back and then after the little bar turn right.

Are these rooms enclosed?
There are no enclosed rooms. It is more like to semi-enclosed bunk areas with two comfortable chairs and a small TV screen showing the departures.

Which one is better?
Not sure what you mean by which one. There is this quiet area described in the previous answer and then there is lounging chairs (in this curvy S shape) near the business center. The quiet area has the advantage of being.... you guess it: quiet. Plus it is quiet dark there. However, it may be hard to properly sleep there. The lounging chairs near the business center may be more comfortable to sleep and are fine at night when it is relatively dark there, too.

How long can you keep those? Do they take a waitlist?
I have spend around 8 hours in one of this cubicles once and it was not an issue. I am not sure about the waitlist. Maybe you can get away checkin in at one of the "rooms" and then take a shower.

Do they have enclosed showers?
No, not enclosed. But directly behind the check-in locations is one of the two areas for to take a shower (for males. I am not sure if it is any different for females, sorry)

What is the chance of getting a quite room at that time, how many are they?
11:30pm is during the first of the two busy periods. You might be lucky, you might not be. I have had varying success during that time period.
After 2-3am when most flights have left you will usually have no issues getting a room or a shower. Maybe grab something to eat and a drink first and rest from 2am onwards?

I assume you can't pick up your checked luggage between flights, correct?
It depends if your ticket allows stopovers. I tried it once and it wasn't possible. But I have to admit I didn't read the ticket rules beforehand.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Thanks, it doesn't seem that the airport hotel is worth it at $330/night, probably stay at the lounge, too bad there are no actual beds, it seems that the pics on trip advisor of actual beds are from the al sawfa lounge...
Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by nk15
Thanks, it doesn't seem that the airport hotel is worth it at $330/night, probably stay at the lounge, too bad there are no actual beds, it seems that the pics on trip advisor of actual beds are from the al sawfa lounge...
The sun lounger type of seats in the business center seem to have done the job for +1 who did get about 2 hours of zzzzzzzzz's in between flights last time.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by WorldLux
The sun lounger type of seats in the business center seem to have done the job for +1 who did get about 2 hours of zzzzzzzzz's in between flights last time.
I did it twice but on my last trip tried the quiet room and slept better there on the sofa. IMHO YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.