Wiki Posts
Search

Al Mourjan sleeper pods

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Al Mourjan sleeper pods

I remember someone posted recently that the area next to the luggage lockers was closed to create another sleeping area . Apologies if someone already posted but Im in the lounge now and the area is open . The rooms arent really that private . The beds look comfortable and trendy but they arent adjustable or if they are I couldnt see how . They are curved . I can best describe like a courvoisier lounger . Im im one of the old "quiet" rooms now and mine has a sofa . These are much more private than the new pods but they are at least a big improvement on seeing people dossing down on sofas in the main areas . I didnt count but there were a few maybe 17 but at 5pm the lounge is empty .

Last edited by crombiestone; Apr 20, 2016 at 11:39 am
Old Apr 20, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by crombiestone
I remember someone posted recently that the area next to the luggage lockers was closed to create another sleeping area . Apologies if someone already posted but Im in the lounge now and the area is open . The rooms arent really that private . The beds look comfortable and trendy but they arent adjustable or if they are I couldnt see how . They are curved . I can best describe like a courvoisier lounger . Im im one of the old "quiet" rooms now and mine has a sofa . These are much more private than the new pods but they are at least a big improvement on seeing people dossing down on sofas in the main areas . I didnt count but there were a few maybe 17 but at 5pm the lounge is empty .
Great info crombiestone! Thanx for the update👍
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RUN4FUN
Great info crombiestone! Thanx for the update👍
I went back to take a picture
But not sure how to put it somewhere with a url ?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Where are this old quiet rooms in AM? I have never seen them
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:45 pm

The only one I can think of is the one to the left of the sandwich bar up the long corridor, wasn't quite though lots of people having lound convos at 1am
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Crisu69
Where are this old quiet rooms in AM? I have never seen them
Go through to the downstairs Deli and the entrance is to the left of the food counter , straight on past the toilets the showers are on the right , quiet rooms on the left . Its a funny space in that every noise seems to be amplified hower quiet it is . And someone was watching tv in their room . Mine just had flight information and no remote .Earplugs are a must .
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:59 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Thanks for the info!

You can actually upload the photo directly onto FT now, without the need to link it from a website.

If you're not sure how, let me know and you can email it to me and I'll upload it for you.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 12:17 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Used the pods on my long layover (5 1/2 hours, 12 days ago), very comfortable and staff even handed out blankets and eyeshades.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:12 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by dutch_122
Used the pods on my long layover (5 1/2 hours, 12 days ago), very comfortable and staff even handed out blankets and eyeshades.
Very interesting - a major improvement for the Al Mourjan.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:41 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
Photos, please!
Old Apr 21, 2016, 5:43 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
I concur that earplugs are an absolute must, last time I was there therre was a heavy snorer making other users unable to sleep...
Old Apr 21, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Thanks for the info! I'm going to have a 7 hr 35 mins overnight layover at DOH so this is a great piece of news when I'm seriously considering whether I should shell out USD200+ for a few hours in the airport hotel....

But how's the lounge fill at 2 a.m.? My flight will land DOH at 1 something a.m. and probably all the sleep-able area in the whole lounge will be full by then already.....

p.s. Actually if you use the full reply function you can see a clip next to the smiley face on top of the text box and from there we can directly upload photos to FT now
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA BD SA
I can best describe like a courvoisier lounger .
Obviously you had liquor on your mind on this visit.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
Obviously you had liquor on your mind on this visit.
I googled the spelling before I posted . Theyre very real and are probably nice to have a brandy on whilst lounging .
Old Apr 23, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by papyPiHi
I concur that earplugs are an absolute must, last time I was there therre was a heavy snorer making other users unable to sleep...
I also strongly recommend Bose QC20 in ear noise cancellers. These in-ear jobs are the business, I use them travelling, at work and even at home sometimes when I need to concentrate, not even connected to an audio source.

I lost patience with a series of over-ear Bose noise cancellers over the years, they are bulky to carry, suffer feedback screeches, and after only a few wears the padded cushions deteriorate leaving your face covered in black bits.

The design of the QC20 though is sound, it lasts a long time (it's never actually run out for me) and works as a normal headset or a noise canceller, you can switch it in or out. Even when the batteries fail you can use it as a normal headset. It also charges with a standard micro USB.

So as long as you don't mind something in your ear (if you're using ear foam inserts I assume not!) they're the best option I've ever used.

Last edited by Howard Long; Apr 23, 2016 at 4:04 pm Reason: Typos, bl**dy tablet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.