Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Involuntary Schedule Change + GoToGate + The Wrong Cabin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Involuntary Schedule Change + GoToGate + The Wrong Cabin

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:09 am

LondonElite As I understand the changes from 1st June OW would no longer consider a journey as a number of connected bookings but as the contents of ONE booking. Then QR were responsible for solving the problem but not after 1st. June.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mlqsko
All's well that ends well ^
Agreed. Good news all around.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by remdk
LondonElite As I understand the changes from 1st June OW would no longer consider a journey as a number of connected bookings but as the contents of ONE booking. Then QR were responsible for solving the problem but not after 1st. June.
That's not correct. Separate bookings have always carried the risk that if you didn't show up for your next itinerary (whether it was because another OW carrier got you in late on a previous booking, or you got a flat tire on the way to the airport) you were unprotected. Every day we get people on FT giving us their sob story about how an airline was unwilling to rebook them on a later flight because the previous (unrelated) flight was late. This is the chance that people take with separate bookings. Sometimes these start out being cheaper but cost more in the end. It's even worse when the whole itinerary is cancelled and you need to buy a return flight at walk-up prices.

Sometimes airlines are/were sympathetic, but just as often they'd stick by the rules.

I believe what you are referring to is the AA policy to treat separate bookings on AA the same way as if they were on one PNR. This extends, at least in theory, to AA/OW itineraries, though it was never a OW policy and of course AA can't force another carrier to book someone on a later flight free of charge just because AA got them in late. In other words, you're pretty much safe if you do this with AA (there is a published policy) but you roll the dice if it is AA/OW or OW/AA.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:10 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Regrettably that is incorrect.

There have been numerous stories about people missing their connections, on separate PNRs and this separate tickets. The fault, is on the passenger and the airline has no responsibility to accommodate the passenger.

M
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:54 pm

msm2000uk and LondonElite I agree in general that there have always been many missed connections. What I am talking about is two separate OW tickets that could follow each other as one journey. The facility has been there but most OW carriers chose to ignore it. It is the removal of that facility, 'interlining' of passengers that I am pointing out. Not the general melee of consecutive journeys with OW and non OW carriers on separate tickets, which have seldom been accepted. Of course it was a condition that the two tickets were checked in together. Again a rare event. If they were not checked in together then no connections could be guaranteed.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
I should probably post a little follow-up. My friend wound up with a long stopover in DOH, but managed to sleep through most of it in one of the lovely sleeper pods on the right hand side of the Al Mourjan lounge as you enter.

Apparently, other passengers on the flight who didn't kick up a fuss about the schedule change pushing their connection under the MCT weren't rescheduled (!) and were seen legging it off of OSL-DOH to catch their connecting DOH-BKK. Even if they made it, I doubt their bags would have...
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:03 pm
Suspended

msm2000uk and LondonElite I agree in general that there have always been many missed connections. What I am talking about is two separate OW tickets that could follow each other as one journey. The facility has been there but most OW carriers chose to ignore it. It is the removal of that facility, 'interlining' of passengers that I am pointing out. Not the general melee of consecutive journeys with OW and non OW carriers on separate tickets, which have seldom been accepted. Of course it was a condition that the two tickets were checked in together. Again a rare event. If they were not checked in together then no connections could be guaranteed.
I think you are confusing a lot of different things. Interlining related to luggage treatment across airlines. It has nothing to do with alliances. Separate bookings, whether within or outside of an alliance, have been subject to the standard rules of 'no protection'. The OW baggage treatment decision of a few months ago has nothing to do with the issue at hand in this thread.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:13 am

I've come up with an interesting dilemma and don't know whether this is an issue with GTG or QR. I had a minor schedule change (20min) and in trying to obtain my hotel voucher for the layover, QR says their systems is showing a mismatch with time booked and what is now the travel time.

QR says they are unable to issue voucher, GTG insists they've revalidated the ticket. Supposedly everything is in order for the flight, however, they can't issue the voucher. Having called them 5 times each now, I give up.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Why so many G2G stories?

Do they offer some huge discount on QR tickets?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:39 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Why so many G2G stories?

Do they offer some huge discount on QR tickets?
During the January sale, they were circa Ł200 cheaper for J fares, than QR.

However, due to schedule changes, G2G aren't coping too well.

They have been helpful in parts though, as the thread shows.

M
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
I've come up with an interesting dilemma and don't know whether this is an issue with GTG or QR. I had a minor schedule change (20min) and in trying to obtain my hotel voucher for the layover, QR says their systems is showing a mismatch with time booked and what is now the travel time.

QR says they are unable to issue voucher, GTG insists they've revalidated the ticket. Supposedly everything is in order for the flight, however, they can't issue the voucher. Having called them 5 times each now, I give up.
Five? That is nowhere near enough for GTG. Keep hammering them - it's frustrating, but just keep calling back until you get someone who will at least pretend to own the problem.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by armouredant
Five? That is nowhere near enough for GTG. Keep hammering them - it's frustrating, but just keep calling back until you get someone who will at least pretend to own the problem.
Spoke to the same guy twice. Rather rudely told me I was wrong. Better try later when I can get another person hopefully.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.