Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:29 pm

Amount Refunded, still hasn't reached my account.

I put a request in for a refund on 30th October, 3rd December the refund was 'processed'.
I was originally informed via email that the refund will take up to 14 days to hit my bank, once 17th December came and went, I was told it actually takes up to 28 days to process.
It has been over 6 weeks and the money is still not in my account. Qatar keep blaming the delay on my bank, my bank are confused and say there is absolutely no record of this refund.
I've made a complaint, received no reply, no apology for the long wait in replies over the last 2 and half months.
I realise from this thread that my complaint is hardly the exception, it's just frustrating that Qatar take $100 in admin/ refund fees and then don't seem to be doing any admin!
Old Jan 19, 2013, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by iadflyer11
Hello,

I mistakenly booked the wrong dates on Qatar Airways to fly from IAD-DOH-HYD and back on September 5th. These were business class tickets. As soon as I realized within an hour, I called the customer service department and asked them what to do as I had to change the dates. The representative suggested that I cancel my existing reservation and re-book the tickets again. So, I cancelled my reservation and submitted a refund request within a couple of hours. All this happened on September 5th. Today is September 14th and no one has responded to me from Qatar Airways or told me about my refund status. When I call the customer service line, I am told that I cant speak to anyone as I used the internet to make a reservation.
This level of customer service is making me nervous and hesitant to use Qatar Airways in the future and even for my upcoming flight.
All I need to know is when will they refund my cancelled tickets as I cancelled within 24 hrs of making my reservation.
Any help in this regard would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ravi
I too have recently had no luck getting a business class qatar airways refund. I cancelled it online on the 7th Dec 2012 and have sent numerous emails without any response, it is now over 30 days and still nothing. I called the Melbourne Office and the Perth Office, they are unable to help as it was booked online.

I rebooked another flight for a different time and business class. I am frustrated that not one single response has been given. I am nervous about using Qatar in the future and even on my first major overseas trip.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 6:11 pm

Dear All,
Please guide me and tell if I have a right to appeal against the “no show” penalty decision imposed on us by reading my story below.

I have experienced the most awful customer services of my life provided by Qatar airways staff in Heathrow Airport.
Qatar airways flight was due to depart at 8.00 am where I got to the boarding desk at 7.08 am precise. On my arrival, All the Qatar airways staff was still present and staring at me and my running towards the desk. I handed my e-tickets to a member of staff where she asked if I was travelling by Business class or an economy class, When she heard that we are economy class passengers, she along with the entire crew walked off and pointed me to speak to the ticketing counter situated opposite to the boarding desk, I asked that person why she’s sending me to that counter and wanted to apologies and explain my genuine reason for being late so she could be considerate on mitigating circumstance but the lady simply walked off, On my arrival to the desk i was informed that flight desk is now closed and I won't be able to get on this flight.

I was perplexed and amazed that even though i manage to get to the staff while they were present and while preparing myself to explain here a reason of us being late by 8 minutes she still walked off and didn't let me speak or gave me chance to express my story to her.

However we unfortunately missed the flight. I rushed to counter and insisted the staff to let me speak to their manager so i can at least explain them the genuine reason of my health condition but they didn’t have any of that.
I was informed that each ticket will be imposed with "no show" penalty and we must pay the charges to avail next flight. I did not like their attitude and waited for 45 minutes with my family and child under 2 years before the manager arrived.. However finally manager came and he remained persistent about the charges. I had no choice to pay the charges of 120 on each tickets that was also included infant ticket that was originally cost me 133. I felt hopeless and helpless and felt as if I was played by the few member of staff.

My questions are:

Do airlines consider and listen to their customers with genuine problem in such occurrence? If they do then why Qatar airways staff didn’t consider letting me explain my situation ?

Why the staff lady stopped and specifically confirmed first if I was a business class customer or an economy class? Do business class customers get liberty over economy class customer when they are late with genuine reason?

Even though I showed up with a genuine reason being late by 08 minutes, I still pay “no show” penalty on each ticket? Do I have any right to contest "no show" charges and get a refund that i have paid as a no show penalty ?

Please elaborate my rights as I believe that I was unfairly treated and I was played few member of staff for 50 minutes until the flight was departed and I was imposed with no show penalty.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:59 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RO N
Please guide me and tell if I have a right to appeal against the no show penalty decision imposed on us by reading my story below...

...Please elaborate my rights as I believe that I was unfairly treated and I was played few member of staff for 50 minutes until the flight was departed and I was imposed with no show penalty.
Well, it appears check-in for QR flights closes 1 hour before scheduled take off;

http://support.qatarairways.com/entr...-counter-close Unless anyone can tell us LHR is different of course.

So I guess that 'by the book' you have little comeback - you turned up after the flight had closed & therefore are treated as a no-show.

http://support.qatarairways.com/entr...ns-of-carriage (Article 6, Para 5)

The circumstances of your lateness, unfortunate & beyond your control they may have been, are not really relevant. TV is full of shows where people have the same story as yourself, with the same outcome usually, it's not QR unique.

I wasn't there to witness events of course, but from your side of the story it appears that the QR staff could have managed this better, both in a professional & sympathetic way. We all hope that staff in any business will at least try & help us find a solution to a problem, but unless we hear from them we don't know for sure their side of the story.

Don't know about Business class passengers being treated differently, maybe someone else can shed light.

You have my sympathy, but I think they've played by the rules.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 1:47 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Even though I showed up with a genuine reason being late by 08 minutes, I still pay “no show” penalty on each ticket? Do I have any right to contest "no show" charges and get a refund that i have paid as a no show penalty ?

Please elaborate my rights as I believe that I was unfairly treated and I was played few member of staff for 50 minutes until the flight was departed and I was imposed with no show penalty.
This isn't school, genuine reason or not you were late. The airline closes the flight 1 hour before scheduled departure to confirm passengers onboard, departure slot with the airport, ATC, etc. Staff may have been at the checkin desk, but they can't override the closure of the flight to get you on.

A no-show occurs when checkin closes, not when the flight departs.

Sorry to say, but I think you got away pretty cheaply with only a 120 change fee. As you were a no-show at checkin the airline could have cancelled your entire ticket.

If you were late due to health reasons, perhaps follow up with your travel insurance.

Last edited by nux; Jan 31, 2013 at 1:52 am
Old Jan 31, 2013, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by impeymac
Well, it appears check-in for QR flights closes 1 hour before scheduled take off;

http://support.qatarairways.com/entr...-counter-close Unless anyone can tell us LHR is different of course.
I'm going to assume that this in QR's T&C's somewhere and not just on a Q&A page?

If the OP had his e-ticket and no need to check bags then he would not have had any issues correct?

I thought most airlines have a policy of 30-45 minutes check-in/bag drop.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 2:21 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
I thought most airlines have a policy of 30-45 minutes check-in/bag drop.
A lot of airlines International checkin closes 1hr before departure.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 2:34 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
If the OP had his e-ticket and no need to check bags then he would not have had any issues correct?
Perhaps, if he bypassed check-in, went directly through security & immigration with his boarding pass & made the gate before it closed.

I thought most airlines have a policy of 30-45 minutes check-in/bag drop
Maybe they do, QR have a policy of 1 hour.

http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/checking-in.page
Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by nux
A lot of airlines International checkin closes 1hr before departure.
Originally Posted by impeymac
Perhaps, if he bypassed check-in, went directly through security & immigration with his boarding pass & made the gate before it closed.

Maybe they do, QR have a policy of 1 hour.

http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/checking-in.page
Good info, thanks guys.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 1:44 pm

I sent a refund request to Qatar 4 months ago and it is not processed as of today! Multiple emails have been sent to the customer service and no response was given! Can someone please give me an update on this????
Old Apr 27, 2013, 7:24 pm

Would it be Qatar policy for refund to be issued via Western Union? That is the way that an agent in DXB was attempting to issue my refund.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 8:27 pm

Programs: Privilege Club
Originally Posted by leroyjabari
Would it be Qatar policy for refund to be issued via Western Union? That is the way that an agent in DXB was attempting to issue my refund.
Never heard of this before. What is your form of payment when purchased a ticket ?
Old May 5, 2013, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Dear All,
Please guide me and tell if I have a right to appeal against the “no show” penalty decision imposed on us by reading my story below.

I have experienced the most awful customer services of my life provided by Qatar airways staff in Heathrow Airport.

International flight we all know to arrive at least 3 hours in advance, so your mistake, you must pay for it and stop making excuses

Last edited by djjaguar64; May 5, 2013 at 7:28 pm
Old Jul 14, 2013, 8:25 pm

Qatar Airways Refund Problem

Dear Alex,

I booked my ticket online and there seems to be a mixed up while purchasing them. I have tried calling the Qatar office but it seems that its a dead end. I sent you a private message for the complete information. I really hope you could help me. Please take a look at it and help me. Thank you so much
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by Velencia
Dear Alex,

I booked my ticket online and there seems to be a mixed up while purchasing them. I have tried calling the Qatar office but it seems that its a dead end. I sent you a private message for the complete information. I really hope you could help me. Please take a look at it and help me. Thank you so much
Velencia, AlexCM does not work with QR anymore and he looks to be irreplaceable as QR has not added a new company rep into the forum (that we know of).

I would also suggets trying to call an office in Europe or U.S. if you can. Last resort, go to an office if you can.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.