Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:09 pm

Had to cancel my business class trip on 6/8 after my grandmother passed away. They sent me an email confirming that my refund had been processed but I still do not see it in my credit card account. Even checked with my bank to see if it had been refunded but it has not. Any estimates on how long it should take ? Their website says seven business days for credit card refunds.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by gbc9174
Had to cancel my business class trip on 6/8 after my grandmother passed away. They sent me an email confirming that my refund had been processed but I still do not see it in my credit card account. Even checked with my bank to see if it had been refunded but it has not. Any estimates on how long it should take? Their website says seven business days for credit card refunds.
Have you considered calling QR and asking them about it? Just a suggestion.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Originally Posted by gbc9174
Had to cancel my business class trip on 6/8 after my grandmother passed away. They sent me an email confirming that my refund had been processed but I still do not see it in my credit card account. Even checked with my bank to see if it had been refunded but it has not. Any estimates on how long it should take ? Their website says seven business days for credit card refunds.
Last time I cancelled a flight it took about a month. Paid with PayPal.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by plunet
Unfortunately it's the trend to release Web stuff with a degree of functionality and some known issues seems to be the normal way of operating these days. I also don't agree with it, but also see it from a developer point of view that websites are getting so complex and have so many features that getting them all right, fully tested and complete before release would imply that they might be out if date by the time they are released.

Anyone who urgently needs a timetable search can revert to the QR app.
The problem is that some of the functionality was there with the new website, but is now removed.

Previously you could do a search and you would see a table with flights available, price, and fare bucket. And you could do the switch around.

Now you have to select if you want restricted or flexible tickets. Then the flights will be displayed (with no prices). Price is only shown on the final site. Which makes it more difficult to find the exact flights you want for the price you want. I do not want to back track all the time only to figure out if the morning or evening flight will be more expensive. And now think about flying from LHR or BKK were there are multiple flights per day.
In the "older" new version of the website it was so easy.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by plunet
Unfortunately it's the trend to release Web stuff with a degree of functionality and some known issues seems to be the normal way of operating these days. I also don't agree with it, but also see it from a developer point of view that websites are getting so complex and have so many features that getting them all right, fully tested and complete before release would imply that they might be out if date by the time they are released.

Anyone who urgently needs a timetable search can revert to the QR app.
On the UK website, if you rest the mouse on the 'Discover' link (top line) it reveals a list of options, one of which is the timetable.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:45 am

Thanks impeymac I did not see it there! It is a valuable tool for may purposes and I badly missed it!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
Thanks impeymac I did not see it there! It is a valuable tool for may purposes and I badly missed it!
Happy to help. ^
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:18 am

This isn't a complaint or a rant, but it does appear that one problem may have been cleared up.

For a long time, if your cabin was fully booked you would not be able to see a seat map in manage my booking. This appears to have been corrected, and a reservation I have that has been fully booked and with no seat map available for some time now shows me the seat map as of a couple of days ago.

It is still full of course so I can't move my seat, but I know there have been many questions on various threads about why no seat map was available. Hopefully that is no longer the case.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
In an effort to try and lure my business away from EY I decided that todays QR DUB-DOH flight was going to be brilliant.

This would include the bars being closed whilst on the ground in DUB, and no wifi on this 787!!!

Although if you were sitting down the back it looks like a private jet such is the loads!!!
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:39 pm

We have a couple of flights coming up in a few weeks in J from SYD - DOH and then DOH - JRO followed by JRO - DOH and DOH to LON. I had selected seats previously via 'Manage Booking' on the QR website and I was able to select seats together. Today, our flights from DOH - JRO and the return leg had their flight numbers changed (still same aircraft A320)with the return leg no longer stopping over in Zanzibar. I checked online to see if seats had remained selected and saw that all remained but our leg from DOH-JRO. I checked on seat availability and it is now showing only two window seats available.

Is there any reason this has happened? It seems someone has grabbed our original seats and just tossed us to the side. Is there a priority of seat allocations that I am not aware of?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:02 am

pweekes QR have obviously changed the schedule for your flight, actually giving tou a faster journey.
Whenever any change to route or aircraft takes place QR appear to have a random seat number generator and all previous reservations are lost. However it is usually possible at OLCI or airport check-in to select other seats.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
pweekes It's always recommanded to have your flights constantly monitored by the free My Flight application so you'll get an alert when any flight/seat/time change occurs and will be able to react quickly.
On the DOH-JRO A320, there are 36 blocked seats in economy and 4 in business (you can check the blocked seats on the seat map with a free Expertflyer account) and you should be able to request a pair at OLCI (if they are already unblocked) or at least at airport check in, when check-in for you SYD-DOH-JRO journey.
It would work the same for your JRO-DOH return flight, but in that case, you should arrive at the airport when check-in open (3 hours prior to the flight) to get more chance to grab two of these blocked seats (first come first serve, no status priority).
You can also use Expertflyer to set up a free alert to tell you if other desirable seats free up before the flight.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Sent QR a message on Facebook Tuesday morning. Still no reply (it's Friday now).

Anyone else experiencing extremely slow responses lately?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Zolex
Sent QR a message on Facebook Tuesday morning. Still no reply (it's Friday now).

Anyone else experiencing extremely slow responses lately?
I sent them a message on this zendesk thing they seem to have. No response at all.

Waiting for my refund over a month now.

Was told by german CS that they created a voucher for a partial refund (I changed the ticket) and that I have to apply on their website for the refund it self.

The website she pointed me to asked me to confirm that I wanted to cancel the flight. Which I do not want. I just want my partial refund.

I am really thinking about writing an email to the CEO. Maybe that gets something rolling.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:13 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Venting a bit after an interesting journey:

1. QR changed my flight departure time to 1 h earlier, possibly due to airspace restriction. No information sent to me at all about this change. I found out on my Finnair app which fortubately displays most OneWorld flights...

2. After 7 h of sitting at an exit row with zero recline I wanted to purchase an upgrade to business as I really needed to sleep. I was told this was not possible as my ticket was a BA ticket but operated by QR. Surprisingly inflexible policy? So i flew Y again for another 7 hours (on holiday not business).

3. The tray table on the A380 was loose and as it had no "stopper" on the long side, a full, hot tea cup slid into my lap. I actually cried out in pain. I spent most of the flight tending to huge blisters on my thigh, with the crew talking to a doctor, taking photos, applying meds and whatnot. I was very well (and strictly!) tended to, so thanks to the crew. But I can't help but wonder what will happen when the A380s get older, and tray tables wear out a bit? I did learn my lesson about where to not place a hot drink cup...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.