Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Just curious, do you have them yet?
Yup, the miles were deposited soon after the email!
Old May 31, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Platinum, AA, AS, DL, NH, QF, QR, UA, USAF
Power problems on A7-BCU

I recently posted this on the main forum board and received 2 replies. I wondered if I would get additional response / advice on this thread.

Qatar flight 1368 (JNB-DOH) on A7-BCU, a 787-8 entering service in Feb 2015, totally lost in-seat power at my seat approximately three hours into the flight. Power was spotty for about 30 minutes prior to that. Attempts by the pursuit and pilot were unsuccessful. Eventually the problem spread in Business and Economy cabins Interestingly, USB power remained solid (allowing me to write this report​ while remaining awake for the remainder of the flight).

The flight information data screen went haywire the handset controlled seat lights and call buttons failed. Finally, the AVOD died a horrible death. We finally made it on the ground without​any other failures, but we were late​ in arriving in DOH

While this was an inconvenience for those using laptops​ (to be relegated to the hold for those going to the US), it was a greater problem for me.

I use a CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) machine for my central and obstructive sleep apnea (not breathing for over 10 seconds multiple times a hour, not good for the brain). It's the first time I faced this problem while flying on a jet equipped with power. (I avoid red-eyes because of this.)

Had no problems on the outbound (SEA-DFW-DOH-JNB-CPT) for a safari. Had no problems​ with power in Doha, Cape Town, and​ the Safari Lodges with my array of plug adapters (British & South African) and a 220V power strip.

The cabin attendants were helpful in checking on me and keeping me occupied with conversation while everyone else slept. They were surprised by my knowledge of aviation (2nd generation Air Force and of course reading FlyerTalk) for being a developmental-behavioral​ pediatrician.

The purser said he would make a "full report" to his superiors for compensation.

I tried talking to several Customer Service Representative on the ground (both DOH and DFW) but they referred me to the website.

What else should I do?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:34 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Got my flight cancelled, which means I'm going to miss a connecting flight with BA. What's the chance QR can rebook, or help rebooking, my BA flight (originally booked with BA, and not Qatar). Thanks!

Last edited by HAT; Jun 2, 2017 at 9:42 pm
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by HAT
Got my flight cancelled, which means I'm going to miss a connecting flight with BA. What's the chance QR can rebook, or help rebooking, my BA fligjt (originally booked with BA, and not Qatar). Thanks!
HAT I would say very slim indeed!! But it appears that QR are sometimes offering excellent customer service when least expected. So do contact QR and see if they can do something. We may be surprised!
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:42 pm
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by remdk
HAT I would say very slim indeed!! But it appears that QR are sometimes offering excellent customer service when least expected. So do contact QR and see if they can do something. We may be surprised!
Thanks man. They have issued a new ticket directly to LHR, avoiding a stopover at AMS.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by HAT
Thanks man. They have issued a new ticket directly to LHR, avoiding a stopover at AMS.
Sounds like that was going above and beyond for customer service. What a result!
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
But it appears that QR are sometimes offering excellent customer service when least expected.
I agree with remdk. I'm beginning to think that QRPC PLTs get extraordinary customer service. Certainly would explain how I am treated and would be consistent with AAB's stated strategy and mission.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I agree with remdk. I'm beginning to think that QRPC PLTs get extraordinary customer service. Certainly would explain how I am treated and would be consistent with AAB's stated strategy and mission.
Dr. HFH I may have missed it but I see no indication that HAT is QR Platinum. This is more a sign that Qr appear to be seriously wotking on improving CS.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:01 am

HAT I am probably the most surprised at your excellent result.

I think a very big Thank you should go to the agent that you dealt with from all members of the QR forum
Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Dr. HFH I may have missed it but I see no indication that HAT is QR Platinum. This is more a sign that Qr appear to be seriously wotking on improving CS.
No, no, -- you're right. I was talking about my own QR experience.

For example, I just flew CDG-DOH in F on a miles redemption, arriving DOH close to midnight. Then I flew the next morning DOH-BOS in paid J on a separate ticket. Checking in at CDG, I asked if they would check my bag through to BOS even though it was on separate tickets. The agent's initial response was she did not think that they could not do that. I asked if she could check, please. Supervisor came over and looked at the records on the screen. I understand little French, especially when spoken at high speed, but I distinctly heard the supervisor say, "Il est PLATEENOOM, c'est bon." Bag checked through with a smile.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by ph-ndr
Just had the initial reply from QR on this one. In short: "Oh well, .... happens, we promise we wagged a finger at the right people, and we trust you to keep your travel spend with us.".

Pretty much as expected initial reply.

-A
A month down the road from this one and not a single bit back, neither on the main issue nor the promise that their BKK office would contact me on luggage compensation.

Time to drain the QR account and vote with my feet for a while to make my point. Not because it's all that greener on the other side of the fence, but to show I'm willing to move my spend elsewhere.

-A
Old Jun 14, 2017, 3:01 am

With the new homepage design, under "My trips" there's no longer an option to check bookings with the QRPC number instead of the booking reference. QUite annoying, it's much easier to just remember the QRPC#.
There are still ways to see bookings associated with a QRPC#, but it's much more of a click orgy.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:59 am

makrom you can also add that the Timetable search facility has been removed so now you have to go through the booking procedures to see PARTS of a timetable! Add to that the fact that it appears that for reward flights and upgrades it is now possible to upgrade them and it is also possible to upgrade more than one cabin class even when J is still offered etc. etc. The new system has so many missing items, errors and lies that it should be taken down until it is complete and correct!.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: QR Plat
I have had some fenomenal recoveries with QR that I like to attribute to my Plat status, but on the other hand, when they fall flat on their face like they did on my last trip it still seems they completely fail.

-A
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC
makrom you can also add that the Timetable search facility has been removed so now you have to go through the booking procedures to see PARTS of a timetable! Add to that the fact that it appears that for reward flights and upgrades it is now possible to upgrade them and it is also possible to upgrade more than one cabin class even when J is still offered etc. etc. The new system has so many missing items, errors and lies that it should be taken down until it is complete and correct!.
Unfortunately it's the trend to release Web stuff with a degree of functionality and some known issues seems to be the normal way of operating these days. I also don't agree with it, but also see it from a developer point of view that websites are getting so complex and have so many features that getting them all right, fully tested and complete before release would imply that they might be out if date by the time they are released.

Anyone who urgently needs a timetable search can revert to the QR app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.