Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 12:37 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by ph-ndr
OK, here's why im not exactly purring over QR today:

- I'm 1550 USD out of pocket in change fee plus fare difference to move my flights to a date I could score a J->F upgrade on the A380.
- QRPC messed up the reissue of the upgraded titcket (I saw with my own eyes the note in my PNR saying upgrade was OK, proceed with reissue.)
- In transit in OSL the stantion manger caught this issue, and spent 30 mins on the phone with both ticketing and QRPC in Doha on my behalf since he couldn't load me on the flight without a valid ticket. They were tld to send me to Doha and it would be all sorted while I was in the air.
- Arrive in Doha with a short connection, noone in Doha had lifted a finger and the duty supervisor completely washed his hands of the issues ad blamed QRPC who were not at work at this time of day, I now had no working ticket onward in J nor F. Was told to wait it out on my own dime, ended up being told by the HIA hotel they had rooms but wouldn't let me have it since I had no boardingpass. Ended up in Oryx Rotana.
- When checking in with a working F ticket the next afternoon I was asked for my luggage tag and told all was OK.
- Arrive in BKK and ground staff already knew my luggage wasn't there.

I've now arrived 24 hours late, with close to 2000 USD out of pocket expenses for the upgrade experience, had a mediocre F flight and no luggage.

I'm not exactly a happy person at the moment.

-A
Just had the initial reply from QR on this one. In short: "Oh well, .... happens, we promise we wagged a finger at the right people, and we trust you to keep your travel spend with us.".

Pretty much as expected initial reply.

-A
Old May 9, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by obduro
Not quite sure where best to direct this complaint. Essentially, my wife (vegetarian for health reasons) was served non-vegetarian food in the Qantas lounge in Sydney while waiting for the QR909 a couple of weeks ago. She was told specifically by staff it was vegetarian and OK to eat, and halfway through consuming the food the manager came running over to say it wasn't. Staff in the lounge seemed non-apologetic and I raised this with the CSD on board who said they would raise a complaint ticket but I haven't had any notification of anything since.

My wife had to spend a fair wedge of money on medicines to get home as she became violently unwell and this was really a terrible experience. Who is it best to raise this with QR or QF? I think given I booked a QR ticket it should go to them, is there an email address or complaints line I can contact? Would like to escalate if possible, at the least I think it's reasonable they cover the cost of the medicine we had to purchase.

Thanks
Just to close off the original post and have a mild rant - I'm aware most of QR's replies are quite robotic, but robots tend to have some degree of logic about them and actually make sense in a way that resembles a normal conversation.

Qatar took seven weeks to reply to my complaint (great start) and here is a brief overview of the messages.

> Two paragraphs of "Sorry it's late"
> Paragraph on "seriously concerned to learn of your feedback relating to the assistance offered at the Premium Lounge in Sydney, which you feel did not reflect the service standards we try to achieve" [My wife was served food with meat in and was told it was vegetarian. NOT doing this is a standard I think everywhere EXPECTS to achieve. Also ignores the actual complaint as it was not regarding assistance]
> Three paragraphs of waffle and "sincere apologise (actual spelling)" extended by the lounge provider
> Offer of 3,000 Qmiles to credit to a Premium Club account that doesn't exist.

I wrote back at this point saying this is useless to us as we credit to BAEC. I asked for what I thought was a reasonable settlement of £50 to cover the cost of the medicines we were forced to purchase at SYD to be able to board the flight home. I reiterated this would be the only satisfactory settlement.

A few days later we received an email saying that "goodwill gestures are carefully reviewed to ensure the resolution is fair and appropriate" [miles are not an appropriate resolution for an issue like this] and essentially they will not refund the measly £50. They also helpfully recommended this should be escalated with local airport authorities in Sydney (why?)

I said in both emails I appreciate this was QF's failure, but they acknowledged in the first email this was part of their product and service - by sending us to the lounge they put their name to the service there. And then they washed their hands of it. Another example of great QR service - they don't step out of that silo, do they?
Old May 10, 2017, 3:16 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I think a ten minute margin on a planned dining slot is over enthusiastic - unless you are willing to intervene with some polite chivying. Remembering the sequence of service, three hours into the flight could be in the awkward time when the regular meal service is being cleared away, and the galley is a busy place.

In your case the crew missed the three hour "wake-up" call, and then spent 25 minute longer than planned preparing your meal.

Either the timing was important to you (in which case you'd want to remind crew of your request after three hours was gone), or it wasn't important (in which case .....).

A sad experience and unbelievable response. It is a sad fact of life these days that companies all to often do not take responsibility for the "whole" and if one of their sub-contractors lets you they will give you the proverbial two fingers.

In this case I think you should have taken up the issue direct with Qantas and copied Qatar in on the correspondence

The clue might be in the label dine-on-demand: rest, sleep, read ..whatever, then press the call button when you want to eat.
Old May 10, 2017, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
> Two paragraphs of "Sorry it's late"
You would prefer that they not apologize for the delay? If they hadn't apologized for the delay, you undoubtedly would have criticized them for it.

> Paragraph on "seriously concerned to learn of your feedback relating to the assistance offered at the Premium Lounge in Sydney, which you feel did not reflect the service standards we try to achieve" [My wife was served food with meat in and was told it was vegetarian. NOT doing this is a standard I think everywhere EXPECTS to achieve. Also ignores the actual complaint as it was not regarding assistance]
In other words, they expressed concern that they did not meet their service goals.

> Three paragraphs of waffle and "sincere apologise (actual spelling)" extended by the lounge provider
Lots of people spell it with an "s" instead of a "z". According to grammarist.com, it's spelled with a "z" in North America; but the preferred spelling in the rest of the world is with an "s". Imperfect English is hardly a reasonable basis for criticism on your part if the apology was actually sincere. And speaking of imperfect English, "My wife was served food with meat in and was told it was vegetarian."???? You are aware that you have left a gramatically required word out of that sentence, right?

> Offer of 3,000 Qmiles to credit to a Premium Club account that doesn't exist.
That's common; they're not going to give you miles in a different airline's program. The same thing happened to me; and I opened a QRPC account for the specific purpose of receiving the miles offered as a goodwill gesture.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; May 11, 2017 at 3:49 am
Old May 18, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH

Lots of people spell it with an "s" instead of a "z". According to grammarist.com, it's spelled with a "z" in North America; but the preferred spelling in the rest of the world is with an "s". Imperfect English is hardly a reasonable basis for criticism on your part if the apology was actually sincere.
You are aware your rant in itself is not correct?

Perhaps learn the difference between apologies, which is the correct spelling when expressing sorrow and is a NOUN, and apologise/apologize which is a VERB. "Sincere apologize for your experience", as I stated, is not a grammatically correct sentence.

And speaking of imperfect English, "My wife was served food with meat in and was told it was vegetarian."???? You are aware that you have left a gramatically required word out of that sentence, right?
grammatically, firstly, and I cannot see to which word you refer? Possibly "My wife was served food with meat in it, and was told it was vegetarian" which ruins the sentence due to repetition and use of redundant words, which in itself is a cardinal grammatical rule as we all know, right?

Perhaps if you have nothing positive to say, say nothing at all rather than fabricating intellect by copying and pasting from a website. Nice try though, ending the interaction here.

Last edited by obduro; May 18, 2017 at 8:15 am
Old May 18, 2017, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

grammatically, firstly, and I cannot see to which word you refer? Possibly "My wife was served food with meat in it, and was told it was vegetarian" which ruins the sentence due to repetition and use of redundant words, which in itself is a cardinal grammatical rule as we all know, right?
No, in this context, "in" is a preposition which requires an object. One cannot end a sentence/clause/phrase with a preposition.

Perhaps you've heard the old joke:
A country hick received a full scholarship to Harvard. On his first day there, he was walking and asked an upperclassman, "Can you tell me where the library's at?"

The upperclassman responded, "I don't know where you're from, but you're at Harvard, now. At Harvard, we don't end sentences with prepositions. Would you care to ask me again?"

"Sure," the freshman replied. "Can you tall me where the library's at, jerkface?"
You are correct on "apologise", and I apologize. I did not realize that you were using it as a plural of apology and I should have. My mistake.

And with that, I agree that we should call a truce and allow this thread to go back on track.
Old May 18, 2017, 12:23 pm

And with that, I agree that we should call a truce and allow this thread to go back on track.
Something we can agree on.
Old May 19, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Redeeming Q Miles on Partner Airline BA

We have a problem with redeeming QR miles on BA - we went through the process of booking the following itinerary

NCL-LHR Economy domestic
LHR-OSL Economy
OSL-LHR Economy
LHR-NCL Economy domestic

showing 25000 miles and sent off the request to QR.
The return email gave some flights which were not suitable and confirmed the 25000 miles. We replied by return email and the next email had the flights for the outbound journey but not the correct return. We telephoned QR service centre and they found the availability on the flights we wanted amended the booking and asked us to phone back to pay the taxes, fees and charges.

When we rang back later in the day we were told that they needed to check the mileage and this would be sent to Head Office promising a return call that day. Two days later no phone call despite me ringing on two occasions and being promised contact. This morning we find an incoming email to say
ignore previous correspondence and it will be 35000 Q miles which will not be possible due to the number of miles on our account.

So far this has taken nearly a week to reach this situation and the general standard of the call centre's understanding of English was poor. The general phone system was abysmal with the hold "music" being the worst thing we have ever heard it was just one long set of static.

Thankfully this journey is for early 2018 and we have time to consider other alternatives but having at least 4 QR J class flights already booked (for after this journey) am disappointed in the level of service.

We would be grateful if someone on the Wiki could at least give us an explanation of the reason for the increase - is it the interpretation of "Economy".
Old May 19, 2017, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brighterside
... the general standard of the call centre's understanding of English was poor. The general phone system was abysmal with the hold "music" being the worst thing we have ever heard it was just one long set of static.
Where did you call?
Old May 19, 2017, 3:13 am

Programs: BA GOLD
I used the number for the UK 0330 024 0127.
Old May 26, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Brighterside
We would be grateful if someone on the Wiki could at least give us an explanation of the reason for the increase - is it the interpretation of "Economy".
Some other FTers reported that QR now charge partner awards flights segment by segment rather than doing like their website, adding all the segments together. That should explain the increase.
Old May 27, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: QR
Angry Qatar Agent trying to Rip me off...

Hi all,

I would like to know how does QR reprice tickets? I have a booking in Y but i want to upgrade the inbound sectors to J... I called QR in JNB and they quoting J Flexi fees when J saver and value is available?

Also, I keep requesting an upgrade using miles and they the PC says no availability but when I called JNB office they advised that there are reward seats available...

Any advise on what to do?
Old May 27, 2017, 5:58 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Ikraamk
Hi all,

I would like to know how does QR reprice tickets? I have a booking in Y but i want to upgrade the inbound sectors to J... I called QR in JNB and they quoting J Flexi fees when J saver and value is available?

It all depend on the ticket rules. Perhaps J saver can't be combined with your current ticket? Many times when you want to fly different class on different legs only very expensive tickets allow such combinations.
Old May 27, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold

That's common; they're not going to give you miles in a different airline's program. The same thing happened to me; and I opened a QRPC account for the specific purpose of receiving the miles offered as a goodwill gesture.
Sorry, am gonna digress a little bit. Talking about miles as compensation, I'd always thought that too. But recently, there was a catering problem on a TK flight I'd redeemed using A3 miles. The cabin crew wrote a report and TK wrote to me, saying that they were getting A3 to give me/refund some miles as an apology. First time ever. I was impressed. Maybe QR could pay BA to give you some miles? *wishful thinking*
Old May 27, 2017, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by marcelduchamp
Sorry, am gonna digress a little bit. Talking about miles as compensation, I'd always thought that too. But recently, there was a catering problem on a TK flight I'd redeemed using A3 miles. The cabin crew wrote a report and TK wrote to me, saying that they were getting A3 to give me/refund some miles as an apology. First time ever. I was impressed.
Just curious, do you have them yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.