Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Old Jan 14, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Originally Posted by SK AAR
This is spot on. The OP has no cause as QR has paid/is willing to pay what QR is obliged to pay - then this is settled.

The reason that only the TK flights via IST was an option is most likely that this was the only itinerary that allowed QR to reduce the comp. to EUR 300. Other flights would have arrived MNL too late. Anyway, the pax decided to fly the following day on QR - then be it, but it certainly not give grounds for sending letters like this to QR.

Most in this forum would have happily accepted to change to TK arriving with only a minor delay at MNL in return for EUR 300 - I certainly would. TK is an excellent airline (also in Y).
Agree 100%!

Luckily I have never been in that situation. What I wonder though is, would you still get miles with QR?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
QR took the dosh.....yet issued no tickets :-(

Hi folks.After finally sorting 3 cheapo-ish flights from LHR - Nagoya online this morning , I used the Missus 's debit card to pay ....pressed payment and the screen went white and froze with no ticket PNR s to be seen or confirmation emails to be had .A quick call to Barclays and it transpired the money had in fact still been taken .I spent 3 hrs on the phone but couldn't get through to either QR in Paris (where I currently am ) or QR in London . Being the last day of the 'festival ' it's doubly all rather irritating .Ideas on what to do next appreciated
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:21 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Confirmation emails can take up to 24 hours to be sent out, so do wait - but also check your Spam and Junk folders.

Waiting 3 hours on the phone to QR, seems odd - I've never waited longer than 10mins when calling the UK number, but perhaps they were exceptionally busy today.

In terms of Barclays, have the funds been taken, or simply held? It may well show up as the same on your Online Banking, but a Barclays customer support agent should be able to clarify that element to make sure you haven't been charged for something which you didn't receive.

If you're anxious to call before the end of the current Sale, call QR again and see if they can find you using your surname/card details and travel dates.

Safe travels,

M
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

Waiting 3 hours on the phone to QR, seems odd - I've never waited longer than 10mins when calling the UK number, but perhaps they were exceptionally busy today.
I've had constant problems calling QR's UK number for the past few weeks - have been on hold for up to 30 minutes at a time and not got through, occasionally the phone has just rung and rung and not even gone through to the automated messages (this is calling the customer service number not privilege club)

Sorry for hijack OP...let us know when tickets show up!
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
docklander - Try to contact them via Twitter/Facebook.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
I've seen other threads where people have been really inconvenienced when using a debit card.

At least with a credit card you have recourse via the cc company. You're on the hook for the funds until resolved with debit.

I hope this works out OK for you.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by Fontana
docklander - Try to contact them via Twitter/Facebook.
Fontana :Not a bad idea : the phone just rings and rings and rings ......

msm2000uk ....talked to Barclays and money was taken though apparently can be returned "if not claimed " : anyway decided to Tweet QR....life's too short to continually call them with no answer .

...comments from other posters noted :-)

Last edited by docklander; Jan 19, 2017 at 7:17 am
Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:21 am

Update - Tweeted QR and they asked for a few details and within 1/2 hour the tickets had been retrieved and sent : a good result and surprisingly painless .Cheers
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I just called the QR USA call center three times between 0900 and 0930 EST today, January 19, 2017. Automated attendant answered quickly; wait time was under 15 seconds on each call. First call was to the regular number; second and third were to QRPC desk (where I got the same agent on both calls). Agents were both friendly and efficient, understood what I wanted quickly and either did it or advised me of what I must do. No nonsense, just friendly competent service.

QRPC PLT status was acknowledged with something along the lines of, "Thank you for being a loyal Platinum customer" on all three calls. There were several more steps I (as the passenger) was supposed to do after the final (third) call; but, "As you are a Platinum customer, we will take care of those items for you. You should receive written confirmation of everything within a week."

Although many here report sub-optimal interactions with QR Customer Service, I cannot imagine how my interaction with them today could have been better. This is consistent with my only other experience with QR Customer Service (as mentioned upthread), several years ago resolving an issue with several error fare tickets. Apparently the Qatari stars have aligned for me!
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by docklander
Update - Tweeted QR and they asked for a few details and within 1/2 hour the tickets had been retrieved and sent : a good result and surprisingly painless .Cheers
Excellent docklander. Great result.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
No hand towels in J washrooms, really QR?

Is it a supplier issue or paper shortage or what?

Okay, I can accept the downgrading of inflight business class washroom hand towels from cotton to paper. But I can't get my head around replacing paper "towels" with "Kleenex" type facial tissue! Hardly 5-star, but on both my A380 (such tiny washrooms too!) and my 772 flights of 13+ hour duration, I'd have expected better.

Is this a temporary supply issue, or is it the new normal?

Tiny point but it's bad enough the sampler packs of chocolates are gone, replaced by a solitary over-rated Godiva truffle, but this is a new low point on any airline, even in economy!
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:51 pm

Programs: BA BD SA
It's been like that for months. It riles me every time I use the bathroom.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:16 am

Oil price. Middle east.

But you are flying for 1/3 of the price a couple of years ago, no?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: BAEC
I did think this was very strange when I recently flew... When I asked a crew member they seemed to infer it was normal...

Last edited by plunet; Jan 21, 2017 at 1:38 am Reason: Typo
Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
That way a few months ago and again this month. Bought 2 festival sale tickets- might bring my own next trip.

MH's biz towels not much better.

Maybe the countries sovereign wealth fund bought a tissue company?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.