Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I'll do CDG-DOH-CTU in F/C tomorrow and after several attempts on previous flights I am trying to get an extra small / small (XS/S) PJ. People do sell them on Ebay but I have yet to get a set.
I've reached out via the website, Twitter and the tellus@ email team. Nobody could help making sure that there'll be a small on board.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
I'll do CDG-DOH-CTU in F/C tomorrow and after several attempts on previous flights I am trying to get an extra small / small (XS/S) PJ. People do sell them on Ebay but I have yet to get a set.
I've reached out via the website, Twitter and the tellus@ email team. Nobody could help making sure that there'll be a small on board.
My wife has bagged XS/S on ever flight she's been offered PJs this year - she must have 4 pairs at home. Maybe you've just been unlucky. I wouldn't be going to any extra special lengths just to get them myself.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by remdk
henry999 yes it is QR164 at 21.30 rather than QR162 at 09.20.
OK, thanks. That was, it's clear now, the missing 'step in the logic' from the OP.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:14 am

Hi guys, I want to have your thoughts/expertise on whether there is much point chasing QR for a 3:30h tarmac delay due to a faulty door between DOH-CDG.

Of course QR is saying that EC261 does not apply in that case and they won't pay anything which kind of pisses me off given that a delay for similar circumstances in the opposite direction would force them to pay compensation.

QR essentially say that if regulations don't force them to, they get a free pass and they are not willing to pay anything for any of the inconvenience caused.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:26 am

michalis QR are correct. EC261 does not apply to QR flights TO the EU, only those FROM the EU. For an EU based airline then it is for both to and from the EU.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:35 am

michalis QR are correct. EC261 does not apply to QR flights TO the EU, only those FROM the EU. For an EU based airline then it is for both to and from the EU.
I know that, my question was whether Qatar will/has ever offered any sort of compensation for delays that they are not "forced" to by EC261 or other regulations.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:43 am

michalis they sometimes throw a few thousand Qmiles at you. Not much use unless you are a member of PC!
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:18 am

michalis they sometimes throw a few thousand Qmiles at you. Not much use unless you are a member of PC!
Thank you, indeed not much help and quite annoying considering that they would pay for the same delay had the flight been the other way round.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Involuntary downgrade from First to Business

After many emails about the inadequate amount offered for my downgrade from F to J in October, QR finally increased their offer from EUR180 plus USD125 to EUR698 payable as an EMD.

Strictly an EMD can only be accepted as part payment by a QR sales office or QR telesales and cannot be used with online bookings, but when I queried this QR became much more flexible, and said that once I had bought any new ticket I should let them know the details and they would arrange for their London office to reimburse me. As it happened, this was during the period QR were holding their 4 days sale ex-UK, so I was able to buy a ticket immediately. I emailed the ticket details to customer services and they promptly arranged for the London office to send me a bank transfer for the GBP equivalent.

All is now done and dusted, but I am left feeling that QR made what should have been a fairly simple process very lengthy and contentious.

1) They normally took several days, and on occasion much more, to reply to any emails I sent.

2) Their initial offer was totally inadequate.

3) They never actually responded to any of the questions that I posed in my emails, and until their last few emails simply repeated that the mantra that the original amount they were offering me was correct in the circumstances.

4) I wasn't actually seeking a cash payment; I had suggested from the very beginning that I would be happy with being given sufficient QMiles to upgrade a future journey from DOH-BKK from J to F.
I do not understand why they would not do this, and preferred instead to make a cash payment.

In the end I got an acceptable result, but it took a lot of persistence.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 7:11 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Hopefully now you see why I said their CS teams can be similar to bargaining at a souk!

Glad you got the right result in the end!

M
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:52 pm

Pretty much the same as one of the members above, i had a dxb-doh-bkk flight, the dxb doh was late and i ended up waiting 6hours there.

I have seen in Dubai someone dressed as a pilot coming in at 19.30 when the flight was supposed to leave. Qatar told us it was a security check that was delaying the plane but the pilot said a technical issue. I'm pretty sure it was Qatars fault but how to prove it? and anyways as usual they wash their hands off saying it's not their fault.

I like Qatar airways but a 5 star airline has to have a 5 star customer service which they clearly don't.

Needless to say that i had to argue for some time at DOH to be allowed to use a phone to let the hotel know in Bangkok about my delay.

I wrote them an email and obviously they don't care about their passengers nor their gold members ( has no real value to them). I got a standard we're sorry it's not our fault.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 2:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Hopefully now you see why I said their CS teams can be similar to bargaining at a souk!

Glad you got the right result in the end!

M
Thanks MSM2000uk, luckily I'm used to souk-style bargaining, but normally there is an incremental coming together of both parties, so one feels that progress is being made. With this encounter QR CS weren't budging an inch for 4 or 5 emails, then caved in completely.

Do you have any idea where they wouldn't even engage with my suggestion about awarding me the requisite number of QMiles?
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:12 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
Thanks MSM2000uk, luckily I'm used to souk-style bargaining, but normally there is an incremental coming together of both parties, so one feels that progress is being made. With this encounter QR CS weren't budging an inch for 4 or 5 emails, then caved in completely.

Do you have any idea where they wouldn't even engage with my suggestion about awarding me the requisite number of QMiles?
Unfortunately I don't know, but I would say that CS often lack imagination - and so they have difficulty veering off script.

As such, their options are often limited - and a financial settlement is the preferred 'currency'.

M
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Guys I really need your assistance here.

I'm fairly new to OW (5 months) and I recently flew QR R class which is 125% mileage accrual to AY+. One of the segments (out of 4) did not post to my AY+ account. And later on, my retro claim for the miles was rejected by QR.

The reason why I'm posting here in QR is because the AY agent I spoke with said that because QR rejected my missing miles request, I have to contact QR directly to have them post my missing miles to AY.

So who the I speak with at QR? Any numbers or email?

This is becoming a pain. My main alliance is Star Alliance and I never had to go through this kind of missing miles chasing by having to speak directly with the operating airline.

For the record my flight was MNL-DOH-MAD and MAD-DOH-MNL. All segments/miles posted on a timely manner except my DOH-MAD flight.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!!
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
Have you tried mailing [email protected]? They are generally very responsive and may be more helpful than the phone CS. You can scan them a picture of your BP and ask them to contact QR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.