Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 4x QMiles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BrandonOfCanada
I just did the math, and cancelling all my (and my wife's) tickets and rebooking everything would cost me a total of $1140, but the 4x bonus would give us a total of 85000 bonus miles and bump us up to platinum, not to mention the 40% off coupon for award redemption.

WORTH IT?
TOTALLY, 85K miles + Plat qcredits + 40% coupon
But be sure to be eligible to the offer first
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:56 am

Programs: The Embassy
Also discussed here:

Quadruple points, Gold for family member...

update: apparently not.

Last edited by zebrametalevel; Feb 9, 2016 at 4:25 am
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by zebrametalevel
that seems to be an entirely different offer
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:18 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zebrametalevel
Different. This applies to economy class as well as biz/first, also gives you extra QPoints but has the drawback of having minimum required sectors.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:25 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by crombiestone
Anyone in the Middle east region been targeted for this offer ? The 4x Qpoints is very attractive but guessing its too easy for us to make cheap short sectors ?
I received this offer yesterday, I am in DOH.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: QR Plat / IHG Plat / HHonors Silver
I've just cancelled and rebooked all of my bookings during the offer period. Does anyone foresee potential issues with the fact that there is no "register" option on the site?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BrandonOfCanada
I've just cancelled and rebooked all of my bookings during the offer period. Does anyone foresee potential issues with the fact that there is no "register" option on the site?
As long as you received the e-mail it will be ok. Send them an e-mail and they will set everything up for you
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:09 am
c2h

Programs: QR-PLT, AM-Platino, TK-Elite
Just an update; the 'Register' button for the promo has appeared on my dashboard.

Will upload the screen shot later once I figure out how to do it via mobile. Rejoice.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:04 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
I also had no register button. Wrote through the contact center and they confirmed registration within 24 hours.
This looks rather obscenely generous (perhaps just my travel pattern). I have 8 segments this month--so guaranteed 3x miles AND qualification points? There's gold sorted and close to Plat
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Which is why I'm really annoyed that I already booked travel (for which the prices have risen) and upgraded it with QCredits >_<

This would've made it almost easy to requalify as plat even with my limited 4 segments earning double miles.

Now I don't really have any time to travel before the offer ends. Oh well, here's hoping they run something similar near the summer. I mean they've been pretty generous with the offers (Globetrotter, 3x QMiles etc)
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:00 am

Programs: QR-G/OWS, QF-G, VA-G, NZ-S
Appreciate any suggestions. Received the offer. Tempted to do a MR to earn enough Qpoints (3X) to renew Plat. Tier Review date is 04 April 2016. Given the T&Cs state the bonus Qpoints and Qmiles would be credited within 30 days of travel.
,,,Bonus Qmiles and Qpoints will be credited within 30 days from end of the travel period
and that, ,., In case of retro claims, the bonus rule will still apply and bonus Qmiles will be credited automatically. Retro claims will not be considered after the offer period.

. Should I consider to ensure my MR travel completes some days before 04 April?

Secondly. anyone with experience to share about Qpoints posting as part of an offer (after Tier review date) and being retro credited to tier renewal?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:43 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by AVIATORPJ
Appreciate any suggestions. Received the offer. Tempted to do a MR to earn enough Qpoints (3X) to renew Plat. Tier Review date is 04 April 2016. Given the T&Cs state the bonus Qpoints and Qmiles would be credited within 30 days of travel.
,,,Bonus Qmiles and Qpoints will be credited within 30 days from end of the travel period and that, ,., In case of retro claims, the bonus rule will still apply and bonus Qmiles will be credited automatically. Retro claims will not be considered after the offer period.

. Should I consider to ensure my MR travel completes some days before 04 April?
Bonus Qpoints will be credited within 30 days from end of the travel period probably means 15th May (30 days after 15th April which is the end of the travel period for that offer), not 30 days after your (own travel period) last flight.
Anyway, you'd better go down to Gold (on 4th April) and get 40 Qcredits and then go back to Platinum (on 15th May) and get 60 more Qcredits : you will earn a total of 100 Qcredits instead of only 60 Qcredits when renewing Platinum. You just need a bit more Qpoints than for a simple Platinum status renewing but with x3 or x4 (if you travel via DOH, you can select flights with a long layover in DOH and fly more legs having 1 or 2 short return flights like DOH-DXB before flying the second leg of your main flight) it should not be problem.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Matt4
Bonus Qpoints will be credited within 30 days from end of the travel period probably means 15th May (30 days after 15th April which is the end of the travel period for that offer), not 30 days after your (own travel period) last flight.
Anyway, you'd better go down to Gold (on 4th April) and get 40 Qcredits and then go back to Platinum (on 15th May) and get 60 more Qcredits : you will earn a total of 100 Qcredits instead of only 60 Qcredits when renewing Platinum. You just need a bit more Qpoints than for a simple Platinum status renewing but with x3 or x4 (if you travel via DOH, you can select flights with a long layover in DOH and fly more legs having 1 or 2 short return flights like DOH-DXB before flying the second leg of your main flight) it should not be problem.
Does this trick really work? Letting yourself drop to Gold and then upping to Plat soon after?

I thought (no personal experience yet) that you once you have enough QPoints for Gold, you get the QCredits, even as a Plat
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:23 pm

Programs: QR-G/OWS, QF-G, VA-G, NZ-S
Smile

Originally Posted by Matt4
Thanks for your suggestions Matt4.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 5:57 am

I am based in IAH on their program, but currently flying out of NRT most of the time... wont be flying with them for a while, but I got the 3X offer from EY which I do believe is in retaliation to the QR 4X Offer...

I was Gold downgraded to silver in QR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.