Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New QR safety video with FC Barcelona

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:48 am

I suspect the Barcelona video was extremely expensive. Players time aside (which would have been part of the overall sponsorship deal cost), there is a huge amount of creative time in that video, with a huge attention to seemingly minor details. And it wasn't shot in one go either.

That said, I pay no attention to it now, although I do always seem to glance up just when the FA is pointing her finger sized foam hand at the exit plan, and the seventies throwback guy is getting caught smoking in the loo.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:12 am

There was a new safety video flying from Athens (QR204) yesterday (7th) so looks like the Barcelona video is no longer!

They were still playing it on my previous flight (28th July, but also then Neymar was still a Barcelona player!)
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
HIA is now Platinum sponsor of Bayern Munich and the airport logo now appears on the jerseys as well.
According to a video uploaded by QR on youtube, there is a new landing video featuring some players as well.

Looks like QR is treating us to two videos with soccer clubs now when flying to DOH
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Ben_W
There was a new safety video flying from Athens (QR204) yesterday (7th) so looks like the Barcelona video is no longer!

They were still playing it on my previous flight (28th July, but also then Neymar was still a Barcelona player!)
Still playing the Barcelona video as of two days ago
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Still playing the Barcelona video as of two days ago
Does anyone know if asking the CSD to play the 'non-football video' helps? Seriously considering making such request upon boarding my next flight. Surely they have both vids loaded on the VCC, it's just a matter of the CSD choosing. The crew must be sick and tired of it by now, I know I am
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by jckl
Does anyone know if asking the CSD to play the 'non-football video' helps? Seriously considering making such request upon boarding my next flight. Surely they have both vids loaded on the VCC, it's just a matter of the CSD choosing. The crew must be sick and tired of it by now, I know I am
I'd just rather they do the live demonstration as it gets the process over with even faster
Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
I'd just rather they do the live demonstration as it gets the process over with even faster
They normally have one month/year when they do that for training purposes. I think in 2016 it was July. The best month of the year to travel QR if you ask me, much more pleasant than the videos indeed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.