Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New QR safety video with FC Barcelona

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2016, 6:21 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
I've thought for a while that if airlines really want you to take notice of the safety video they would have a number of them and you wouldn't see the same one on such a regular basis.

At least the BCN one is relatively new. British Airways anyone? Now that really is tired and out of date.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 3:41 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Watched it yesterday on QR1 :O
Old Sep 14, 2016, 3:51 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by David_DLI
Watched it yesterday on QR1 :O
Yup, another season of it!

Fortunately, I can now name the full Barcelona starting 11
Old Sep 14, 2016, 3:56 am

Programs: QR Platinum
And top of it now we can also have nightmares of Xavi talking to himself in Catalonian. I saw this add so many times yesterday...

Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
At least the BCN one is relatively new. British Airways anyone? Now that really is tired and out of date.
Lucky Barcelona haven't sold their big stars over the summer I guess. Did I spot Stanley Matthews in the BA one?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
I think (hope!!!) that QR might have dropped this safety video.

It was playing on my flight QR1364 on 17 June but on my next flight QR836 on 18 June it was the old generic video.

Keeping my fingers crossed 😉
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
that would be nice if they dropped it, at least nice for the FF. For the once a year flyer i would think they enjoy it.... What annoys me the most is to have to watch it twice in a row; once in english, once in arabic....
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by synd
that would be nice if they dropped it, at least nice for the FF. For the once a year flyer i would think they enjoy it.... What annoys me the most is to have to watch it twice in a row; once in english, once in arabic....
Agree, and if you don't "do" football then it's a complete turnoff.

Why they can't have one language spoken and the other with subtitles, or have each message spoken in both languages I really don't know.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:56 am

Dare I look.... is it gone...could it be?!

Seriously - QR one quick, basic, straightforward video covering all languages please. Or a manual demo - which I always watch.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
I was on a QR flight three weeks ago and a cabin crew told me the Barca safety video would conclude at the end of the month. Thank god!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:20 am

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by plunet
Agree, and if you don't "do" football then it's a complete turnoff.

Why they can't have one language spoken and the other with subtitles, or have each message spoken in both languages I really don't know.
Only problem with that is blind/deaf people.. I guess that's the only reason it has to be played both in full.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
I've thought for a while that if airlines really want you to take notice of the safety video they would have a number of them and you wouldn't see the same one on such a regular basis.

I flew in July and they are still showing the FC Barcelona video. Their partnership ended last 30th June and they have a new partner now (and uniform).

Any news on the new inflight safety video?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by boarding_pass
I flew in July and they are still showing the FC Barcelona video. Their partnership ended last 30th June and they have a new partner now (and uniform).

Any news on the new inflight safety video?
Still the same last monday
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:03 am

Played yesterday too on QR4 from LHR
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Lord knows how much such things cost. If an airline's lucky I suppose it might be able to defray some of the cost with air travel for the team/management/agents.

But still, i'd expect the next round to be Al Saad SC rather than Benfica - although among Zaeem's team members at least Xavi may be approaching retirement, but he is Spanish

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.