Search

Help needed please

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:09 pm
formerly known as lady1964
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Cancelled flight on itinerary

We have QR flights booked ARN-SYD return in Jan/Feb 2016.

I logged into MMB on Saturday as I was thinking of changing our seats on QR5817, I saw a notification to acknowledge changes on this flight & rightly or wrongly, I clicked on the notification.

I saw that this flight had disappeared from our itinerary. I called QR & spoke to this guy who said the flight had been cancelled off our itinerary due to a technical glitch which occurred once I'd clicked. He also said I would be contacted 'in a few days'.

As yet, I haven't heard anything & the flight is still missing from our itinerary.

Should I wait another day or two to hear from them, should I be worried that I havent heard or should I just call them? I am a bit of a worrier to be honest & I'm getting concerned that we won't be booked on this flight. I would welcome advice please, thank you.

Last edited by LadyB; Nov 24, 2015 at 12:16 am Reason: Changed thread title
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I would give it a day or two. And, I totally understand the concern this would cause you.

Meanwhile, you will notice that most of the posts here are about "a little help". In future posts, try to make the subject line a bit more descriptive. It helps others, and it will help you.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I would give it a day or two. And, I totally understand the concern this would cause you.

Meanwhile, you will notice that most of the posts here are about "a little help". In future posts, try to make the subject line a bit more descriptive. It helps others, and it will help you.
Thank you, I've tried to change the subject title to 'cancelled flight on itinerary' but it's still showing as my original subject. If mods can change it, I'd be grateful.

Anyway, I've tweeted QR and hopefully that will get a response today. Thanks for responding, much appreciated.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:55 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by LadyB
We have QR flights booked ARN-SYD return in Jan/Feb 2016.

I logged into MMB on Saturday as I was thinking of changing our seats on QR5817,
Is this a code share flight with QR ? What is your routing? ARN-DOH-??
QR will start flying to SYD until March 1 2016..
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flyiboy
Is this a code share flight with QR ? What is your routing? ARN-DOH-??
QR will start flying to SYD until March 1 2016..
This is a code share flight, routing is ARN-DOH-HKG-SYD then the reverse back to ARN. The flight which got cancelled from our itinerary was the SYD-HKG one.

I've spoken to Qatar customer service again tonight & they tell me they have reinstated that flight & will confirm by email tomorrow. I will wait with bated breath.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:17 am

I will wait with bated breath.
Ahh with CX ( Cathay pacific) Lycka till 😁. May i ask the dates . We can Actually see if it's in the system.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Outbound: Departing ARN on 23/1
Inbound: Departing SYD 13/2

Seats both ways in Business class all the way through
Thank you 👍

Last edited by LadyB; Nov 24, 2015 at 11:43 am Reason: To add comment
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:54 am

Outbound: Departing ARN on 23/1
Inbound: Departing SYD 13/2

Seats both ways in Business class all the way through
Thank you 👍
What are your flight #'s ? Have you assigned your seat yet ? Sorry to ask. Its a proffession for me
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

What are your flight #'s ? Have you assigned your seat yet ? Sorry to ask. Its a proffession for me
I appreciate your help, we have assigned our seats but I'm not prepared to give out our flight numbers.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Bit of an update:

Return leg SYD-HKG now back on our itinerary however, none of the 3 flights inbound flights are confirmed & the seats we had booked aren't listed.

I've made 3 long phone calls to QR customer service, they told me yesterday they had contacted hubby - he insists they didn't, they aren't responding to my tweets & have not emailed or called me back as promised.

I'm very underwhelmed with the level of customer care here. Five days (into the 6th day today) and we aren't yet back to where we were a week ago, very disappointing. This isn't what I would call a five star service!
Old Nov 26, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
... they told me yesterday they had contacted hubby - he insists they didn't, they aren't responding to my tweets & have not emailed or called me back as promised....

Maybe hubby should call?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Maybe hubby should call?
The only thing I can say is try calling the USA # or actually going to the airport (ARN)and asking them directly..
United States of America
Reservations Hours of Operation Mon-Fri: 0800 - 2100 EST; Sat and Sun: 0900 - 1730 EST
Reservations +1-877-777-2827 or +1-954-745-0380
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:52 am
Original Poster

The only thing I can say is try calling the USA # or actually going to the airport (ARN)and asking them directly..
United States of America
Reservations Hours of Operation Mon-Fri: 0800 - 2100 EST; Sat and Sun: 0900 - 1730 EST
Reservations +1-877-777-2827 or +1-954-745-0380
Given that we're in the UK, I won't be going to ARN or calling the USA.

I have a day off work today so will be calling them again this afternoon.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:16 am

Personally, never had to wait more then 5 min. I call the Privilege line. Much better
Old Dec 1, 2015, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Can anyone offer any further advice please?

We are no further forward in that all of our return legs are still showing as not confirmed with no seats assigned on any of the 3 flights - SYD-HKG-DOH-ARN. I called customer service again last Friday to be told they are still waiting to hear from another department. We are 10 days into this now & it's frustrating that this still hasn't been resolved.

Hubby has joined their privilege club, is it worth him calling, do I call again or just wait? Is it likely that the seats we had booked will get assigned to someone else while we wait? I appreciate our return isn't until mid Feb but we don't want to have the worst seats in the business class cabin.

Any further advice would be hugely appreciated, thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.