Wiki Posts
Search

Liqour Served On Board/In Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlt, UA Gold, HH Diamond

Looking to use AAdvantage miles on a J class trip and want to be sure that QR does serve liquor onboard and in the lounge? Don't want to waste the miles if they don't.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
They do, and plenty of it. Choice of champagnes, really good wines, and a variety of spirits
Old Nov 13, 2015, 12:03 am

Programs: Some
Possibly the highest quality selection of alcoholic beverages of any airline in J. Although I have to say the downgrade of the beautiful Pol Roger Vintage Rose to standard Taittinger (although even that hasn't been loaded on my last couple of flights!) is a bit of a blow.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
I agree they have excellent alcoholic beverages including Krug champagne in the Doha lounge (not sure if it is still available in the J lounge as the F lounge is now open, I will find out next week) and on board the A380 bar.

When I departed Bangladesh - a dry nation - drinks were not served until the plane took off, but otherwise great choice of drinks.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Krug was still available in Al Mourn (J) lounge on the 6 November 2015.

Tattinger Rose has been swapped out to Jaquart on the last couple of flights.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
Krug was still available in Al Mourn (J) lounge on the 6 November 2015.

Tattinger Rose has been swapped out to Jaquart on the last couple of flights.
Jaquart Rose? Any good compared to the Tattinger (lets not mention the Pol Roger)?
Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:32 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Jaquart Rose? Any good compared to the Tattinger (lets not mention the Pol Roger)?
Yes Jaquart Rose, I don't drink it but my colleague who does and was with me said definite downgrade...
Old Nov 14, 2015, 2:33 am

On my LHR-DOH and DOH-LHR segments last week it was actually Jacquart Brut Mosaique and Drappier Rose. Not a fan of either of them, particularly the latter.

Wine selection from F (including Krug) served in the lounge on the A380 on both legs.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by flying_pig
On my LHR-DOH and DOH-LHR segments last week it was actually Jacquart Brut Mosaique and Drappier Rose. Not a fan of either of them, particularly the latter.

Wine selection from F (including Krug) served in the lounge on the A380 on both legs.
Yes, I had Drappier Rose from SIN last week despite the menu saying Taittinger, took first sip and thought maybe there was an issue with the bottle as it didn't taste right. Asked for another glass which was then poured at seat and saw the Drappier bottle instead - can't say I'm a fan! From ARN the week before they didn't load Rose at all. The Jacquart is at least drinkable.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, QF Nobody, Alitalia Freccia Alata Plus
Prepare to relive your 18-30s holiday days. Flying QR, especially on long haul overnight flights, you tend to be served and served and served. The crew also sneakily top up your glass when you go to the bathroom. Do they have booze? Plenty!
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by 777Pax
Looking to use AAdvantage miles on a J class trip and want to be sure that QR does serve liquor onboard and in the lounge? Don't want to waste the miles if they don't.
Do you really believe QR (and EK and EY) puts religion ahead of money? The alcohol flows on the plane and in the lounge(s). This is not secular Egypt or fundamentalist Saudi Arabia.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue

Just completed my first two LH legs on QR in J. LHR - DOH - BKK.

Krug in the onboard lounge - had to drag Mrs Qwest away before she drank it all.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Lifetime Bonvoy Platinum, HHonors Gold , TK Gold, MH Plat, QR Plat
Kopke 1974 port seems gone....they were no longer on my IAH-DOH and DOH-KUL sector yesterday.

Replaced with a 10 year old...Graham?

The Jacquart brut champagne was served in economy some time ago...I recalled having something similar in Y some years back and a few CSDs indeed confirmed very shyly that it was indeed the stuff they used to serve in coach

Having said that, the selection is still better than many airlines, but it's just not what it used to be.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Possibly the highest quality selection of alcoholic beverages of any airline in J. Although I have to say the downgrade of the beautiful Pol Roger Vintage Rose to standard Taittinger (although even that hasn't been loaded on my last couple of flights!) is a bit of a blow.
They have Pol Roger Rose at Qatar business class lounge in Doha. At 380 bar they also fetched Billecart-Salmon Brut Rose from First when wife didn't want Krug
Old Nov 22, 2015, 3:53 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by freddo
Kopke 1974 port seems gone....they were no longer on my IAH-DOH and DOH-KUL sector yesterday.

Replaced with a 10 year old...Graham?
At the QR LHR lounge last month there was no Port selection at all, poor show really. The excellent head Barman was extremely apologetic & you could see he was embarrassed at the situation, but this seems to match a general reduction in alcoholic choices at the LHR lounge.

Hope they reverse this policy pdq, it'd be a shame to spoil an outstanding lounge through penny-pinching.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.