Wiki Posts
Search

QPoints and QMiles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2015, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club, OnePass, SkyMiles, HH, Marriott Rewards
QPoints and QMiles

Forgive me if this has been asked before, How can I request QR Miles to be posted to a partner before the flight i.e BA or Iberia. Can this be done online or is this by phone or at check in only. Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: QR Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by dreamwks
Forgive me if this has been asked before, How can I request QR Miles to be posted to a partner before the flight i.e BA or Iberia. Can this be done online or is this by phone or at check in only. Thanks in advance.
When you check-in online or at the counter, just enter or give them the FF number to which you desire the points to be credited....thats all.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by dreamwks
You can add your FF number on the Qatar website via Manage My Booking. You only need the 6 character long PNR code as well as the last name on your booking. No password required.
Once logged in click on "Update Passenger Details" on the right hand side. Now you can update your FF number.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by endet
You can add your FF number on the Qatar website via Manage My Booking. You only need the 6 character long PNR code as well as the last name on your booking. No password required.
Once logged in click on "Update Passenger Details" on the right hand side. Now you can update your FF number.
Yep, that's what I did with my upcoming QR flight.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club, OnePass, SkyMiles, HH, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by endet
Thanks guys, it was just that simple!
Old Nov 8, 2015, 8:07 am

FF point upgrades

Does anyone know what gives with QR constant refusal to grant upgrades?

Hv been using them exclusively for DOHA-Malaysia for last 4.5 years & stacked up my points. In my 2nd attempt to upgrade to business I applied over 2 months ago and was told no seats were available. Fine then. Then on my return leg the same thing. Yesterday just a week before my return leg, I received a marketing email fromQR informing me of an online Paid upgrade promotion specifically for my flight.

What gives? They won't honor FF upgrades but will happily sell them instead? Does this sound right?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Welcome to FT JunkedTraveller!

Sorry to hear you've been having difficulty using your Qmiles to upgrade.

Try asking at the airport next time - much easier this way as they'll upgrade you into any empty seat (rather than just award inventory, which as you've experienced is extremely limited ).

Full info on QR website here: http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...departure.page

P.S. If you try at the airport for your flight next week, please let us know how you get on!

Last edited by purple1addict; Nov 8, 2015 at 9:41 am Reason: Edited to add P.S.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 11:19 am

Had the same issue for upgrading flights. QR allows upgrades to empty seats about one hour before departure of the flight.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BelgianRally
Had the same issue for upgrading flights. QR allows upgrades to empty seats about one hour before departure of the flight.
Umm you can get them before that at the airport. I showed up at LHR about 4 hours before my flight and got the upgrade then.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: The Embassy
Originally Posted by mpkz
Umm you can get them before that at the airport. I showed up at LHR about 4 hours before my flight and got the upgrade then.
7.5 hours J->F before at LHR
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: QR Platinum, QF Nobody, Alitalia Freccia Alata Plus
Perseverance is the key if you want to secure an upgrade beforehand. I wanted to upgrade two of us from J to F. The first time I called the Platinum line they said no reward inventory had been released, called again a few weeks later and was told they'd been taken. I kept calling, probably every week or so, for several weeks. About 4 weeks before the flight I managed to get the upgrade, so additional reward seats must have been made available. On the return we asked in DOH however was told no upgrades were available.

I've given up for my next trip and am just going to ask at the airport.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Flight on 03.12.2015. Got an online upgrade for 2 persons (Economy to Business/First) from FRA-DOH-DWC within 10 min on phone call. Tried online upgrade from DOH-FRA - 6 hours & upgrade for 2 confirmed. Not bad!
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by zebrametalevel
7.5 hours J->F before at LHR
It totally depends how many empty seats there are remaining. It seems like they'll leave a couple seats in business for any last minute bookings/paid upgrades
Old Nov 11, 2015, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flyn
Perseverance is the key if you want to secure an upgrade beforehand. I wanted to upgrade two of us from J to F. The first time I called the Platinum line they said no reward inventory had been released, called again a few weeks later and was told they'd been taken. I kept calling, probably every week or so, for several weeks. About 4 weeks before the flight I managed to get the upgrade, so additional reward seats must have been made available. On the return we asked in DOH however was told no upgrades were available.

I've given up for my next trip and am just going to ask at the airport.
The advantage of getting it secured beforehand is that it's cheaper. 40 QCredits Europe-DOH-Japan, 35 DOH-Japan. Can't upgrade 2 legs at the airport.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: SAS EBD, QR Platinumr, HH Gold, Intercont Platinum Ambassador,CC Gold
U/G from J to F using QR-milage

Greeting,
Joining CX 257 HKG-LHR in mid January,
I am booked in I-class on CX stock.
Would it be possible to U/G to F using milage from QR-privelige club, and how to to it ?
Thx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.