Wiki Posts
Search

Showers at DOh

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Showers at DOh

Hi all,

I have a 3.5 hour layover at DOH airport coming up soon. I'm coming in from a long haul flight, so I'm wondering if there's anywhere in the in the airport for me to take a quick shower?

I'm OK with paying for a shower (I think there might be a spa there?). But since I have no OneWorld status and I'm not flying first/business, I should not have access to QR's lounges.

Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2015, 5:02 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Ricebucket
Hi all,

I have a 3.5 hour layover at DOH airport coming up soon. I'm coming in from a long haul flight, so I'm wondering if there's anywhere in the in the airport for me to take a quick shower?

I'm OK with paying for a shower (I think there might be a spa there?). But since I have no OneWorld status and I'm not flying first/business, I should not have access to QR's lounges.

Thanks!
USD $55 would get you access to the Oryx lounge (though I personally wouldn't pay that, unless on a really long layover). I believe they have showers.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 6:17 am

Programs: Qatar Gold
The Vitality Well-being and Fitness Centre offers a pool (30C), a jaccuzi (35C), showers, of course, and not much else, for QAR 130 (USD 35).

Last edited by hein; Sep 23, 2015 at 6:18 am Reason: inserted a comma
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hein
The Vitality Well-being and Fitness Centre offers a pool (30C), a jaccuzi (35C), showers, of course, and not much else, for QAR 130 (USD 35).
How are their showers? Are they in a private room, like one of the better lounges?

And same question for the Oryx lounge.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Ricebucket
How are their showers? Are they in a private room, like one of the better lounges?

And same question for the Oryx lounge.
Can't speak for the spa or the new Oryx, but I've never been in an airport lounge where the showers weren't, in effect, small suites. Some are far better than others though.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:55 pm

Location: Philadelphia, the East Coast of the US & SE Asia, & sometimes France
Programs: AA EXP, Amtrak Select, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade
The showers in the Vitality Spa are more like showers in a nice gym (separate but not not completely private rooms- doors are glass and the stalls are open above). You are given towels, slippers and a bathrobe and there are plenty of amenities (shampoo, toothbrush set kits, hair-dryer ect). There is also a Jacuzzi, a nice pool, and a well-appointed gym (so be sure to have your clothes in the carry-on).
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:50 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by ghenghis
The showers in the Vitality Spa are more like showers in a nice gym (separate but not not completely private rooms- doors are glass and the stalls are open above).
Does it have cold water? For some reason shower at Al-Mourjan has no cold water ... it's almost like taking a sauna.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Rivarix
Does it have cold water? For some reason shower at Al-Mourjan has no cold water ... it's almost like taking a sauna.
I don't specifically recall cold water, but it is very likely it did since I went to the Jacuzzi first and would not have wanted a hot shower immediately afterwards. Plus, people are also working out at the gym and I can't imagine not having cold water in that environment.

Very strange that Al-Mourjan had none! I'll be there again this weekend, although I think I'll be sticking to A-M with my more limited transit time. I'll have to check out the water situation.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ghenghis
I don't specifically recall cold water, but it is very likely it did since I went to the Jacuzzi first and would not have wanted a hot shower immediately afterwards. Plus, people are also working out at the gym and I can't imagine not having cold water in that environment.

Very strange that Al-Mourjan had none! I'll be there again this weekend, although I think I'll be sticking to A-M with my more limited transit time. I'll have to check out the water situation.
From the opening of HIA there has been no cold water and no ventilation in the showers in Al-M. I gave up using the shovers last year, and on HIA/QR in general this summer, but as i miss QR inflight, i do hope the status on lounge/transfer/APM will improve soon. I hope you can report asap Ghenghis☺ It will however not surprise me if it still is status quo.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by RUN4FUN
From the opening of HIA there has been no cold water and no ventilation in the showers in Al-M. I gave up using the shovers last year, and on HIA/QR in general this summer, but as i miss QR inflight, i do hope the status on lounge/transfer/APM will improve soon. I hope you can report asap Ghenghis☺ It will however not surprise me if it still is status quo.
Sorry to say, I'm not able to give a report as the lounge showers were all absolutely full when I arrived. I decided a workout was a better idea as well, and went up to Vitality spa and spent my 2 hours there.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
I had a shower in the OWE lounge this morning -- the water temperature was perfect, so do the design. Water pressure is good enough. I got a room instantly.

BTW see the dental kit? That's like an actual toothbrush that you buy on the street!
Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:18 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Oh regarding to OWE/S lounge I don't like the layout of the toilet is separated from the shower
Old Oct 17, 2015, 8:57 pm

Since when did the A-M remove the small bottles of L'Occitane branded products? I was disappointed the showers were no longer stocked with these, and instead shampoo was dispensed from a large bulk container.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Since when did the A-M remove the small bottles of L'Occitane branded products? I was disappointed the showers were no longer stocked with these, and instead shampoo was dispensed from a large bulk container.
Yeah, I noticed that as well taking a shower there yesterday. Qatar is cheaping out (it did seem a bit wasteful to have the little bottles and having to replace them every time someone took a shower and used a fraction of what's available). Probably saving all the little bottles for al Safwa

On a side note, took a shower in the Quiet Room showers. Didn't try cold water, but the water definitely wasn't too hot and the shower room was very pleasant. Seems like they got some sort of air conditioning working in the corridor there.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 11:49 pm

The shower room gets so hot and humid that I now try taking a quick military style shower. Otherwise you will start to sweat immediately afterwards.

Also a good trick is to get dry and dressed as soon as possible after the shower. Open the door to get some air in the room while you fix yourself up.

I don't understand why they don't offer cool water for the shower and why they don't put a fan in the room to make up for the poor ventilation.

Everything with them nowadays is cost cutting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.